Threads
Reaction score
Website
msft.expert
Vehicle(s)
2023 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cool find, but I just donā€™t understand the fascination with overbed/bed tenting. Most of them are extremely expensive, or overly complicated.

Iā€™d rather setup a 2 or 4 person tent, with waterproofing/winter proofing, a mattress, and/or cot in a fraction of the time and for a fraction of the price - and have way more room.

To each their own, I suppose.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Cool find, but I just donā€™t understand the fascination with overbed/bed tenting. Most of them are extremely expensive, or overly complicated.

Iā€™d rather setup a 2 or 4 person tent, with waterproofing/winter proofing, a mattress, and/or cot in a fraction of the time and for a fraction of the price - and have way more room.

Yeah, I've already been doing that for a long time. Considering a teardrop trailer or one of those little tent trailers but drawbacks for those too. A hot setup would be a cap with an extension or some kind of pass through.

Sponsored

samysnes

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

- It gets you off the ground so it's much easier to camp in extreme temperatures (hot or cold).
- Less chance of bugs or moisture on the tent floor.
- You can camp whatever the gound you're on. Asphalt, wood, mud, ice, snow, gravel, etc. It also gives you a nice flat surface to sleep on, avoiding all the roots and rocks sticking out.
- Tent and equipment stay a lot cleaner so there's less cleanup and maintenance after use.
- If you don't like your spot, you can easily move your entire tent and gear super easily and much further in no time.
- The tailgate is a super convenient shelf for cooking, working, cleaning, etc. Or you can just sit on it.
- The walls of the bed provide great protection from wind. You are overall much less exposed.
- You get a much better view.

I could keep listing but like you said, to each their own.

TG22

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you so much!!! Ive been looking for this since Mav Delivery!!

UnTruck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Layne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Pilot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Everything the Maverick name touches is cursed! Tent is out of stock.

HawkeyeBunny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford C-Max SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Everything the Maverick name touches is cursed! Tent is out of stock.
This one appears to be the same
WASAGUN Truck Tent -5-5.5 ft/6.4-6.7 ft Truck Bed Tent for Camping, Water-Resistant & Windproof Pickup Truck Tent for 2 Persons ā€“ Lightweight Truck Bed Camper with Carry Bag https://a.co/cbzBgQi

Sponsored

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Thanks for the efforts OP, thoughts and Video!!!
As much as a truck bed tent sounds so great...I HAVE TO AGREE. This bed tent might keep you dryer in rain. But for the same money or less a standalone tent could have twice the space...there are Coleman 4 man tents out there for $60-$80, better options/space for air mattrise or cot, some tall enough to stand-up in to put clothes on/off....and so important a place to hang-out away from rain and mosquitos. A hurtle for tent beds is having to unload everything, take off tonneau, and put everything back in the bed. Reload camping gear...and reinstall tonneau. Most standalone tents are much easier, quicker to set up and take down.

FYI - the above tent is available at AliExpress.com/China for $80-$160 but AliExpress is a month shipping time from China. Most experienced campers do this...one person camper needs a 2 person tent, 2 people need a 3 or 4 person tent. A Maverick tent bed will be pressing to do a 1 person tent if all your gear is in the tent with you. Just some opinions.

A plus for bed tent camping is you could setup the bed tent and camp all over the country at Cabella, Walmart (at night), FreeCamping.com and dozens of other places that allow it...but not for me.

Love the Maverick but it does make me appreciate my Honda Element more and more...and that's why I kept it. Self contained TENT, with door locks.

Last edited:

Haggs

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, Maverick, 1981 Yamaha Midnight Maxim
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
- It gets you off the ground so it's much easier to camp in extreme temperatures (hot or cold).
- Less chance of bugs or moisture on the tent floor.
- You can camp whatever the gound you're on. Asphalt, wood, mud, ice, snow, gravel, etc. It also gives you a nice flat surface to sleep on, avoiding all the roots and rocks sticking out.
- Tent and equipment stay a lot cleaner so there's less cleanup and maintenance after use.
- If you don't like your spot, you can easily move your entire tent and gear super easily and much further in no time.
- The tailgate is a super convenient shelf for cooking, working, cleaning, etc. Or you can just sit on it.
- The walls of the bed provide great protection from wind. You are overall much less exposed.
- You get a much better view.

I could keep listing but like you said, to each their own.
One better would be a van. It has all of the above with no set up. Makes f

I'm with you on this one. I think there is a false sense of security. Do people not know bears (and bad people) can climb ladders?
šŸ˜³

samysnes

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One better would be a van. It has all of the above with no set up. Makes f
You do realize that people who do bed camping don't buy a truck JUST for camping right? They buy a truck because they need a truck and being able to camp in it is just an added bonus. Suggesting a van instead is just baffling to me. What a non solution...

Find me a van that has all the same features, spec and price as the Maverick Hybrid then we can talk.

Beast_31

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Beast31
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT AWD Carbonized Grey,
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
YouTube hint, the poster uploads links WAY after to never to this forum , so grab his YT channel and subscribe, for some reason Amazon will bump price and run out of his discoveries.
Sponsored