Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

• Banned
Question:

If I have to buy a new 12 volt battery from Acme Tractor Supply because I'm stranded more than 100 miles from a Ford Dealer, will Ford reimburse me for my out-of-pocket expense during the warranty period?

@Ford Motor Company

@fordvideoguy

And will I need to keep the failed battery as evidence to turn in? Then I'll have to pay extra for not turning in a core.
Sponsored

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Question:

If I have to buy a new 12 volt battery from Acme Tractor Supply because I'm stranded more than 100 miles from a Ford Dealer, will Ford reimburse me for my out-of-pocket expense during the warranty period?

@Ford Motor Company

@fordvideoguy

And will I need to keep the failed battery as evidence to turn in? Then I'll have to pay extra for not turning in a core.
I'm going to say no. I'd call 1-800-241-3673, provide vehicle the vehicle information, have it towed if a jump start doesn't allow me to drive it to the nearest dealer and make sure I'm within 5 years or 60k miles when I call.

Ford will reimburse towing under 50 miles. If your enrolled in FordPass Rewards a new 119.95 Motorcraft battery is free the first 24 months and worth 22k Pass points. You get 42k within a few days of purchase.

OP
OP
GPSMan

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

• Banned
^towing- not a realistic option while on this vacation. I'm getting as far from civilization as you can get on 4 wheels. I also have specific dates and times I need to connect with.

My dealership said the original 12v battery is covered by the 3/36k "bumper to bumper". No proration, a no charge replacement. But it has to fail by their standards.

I'm probably going to buy a second battery from a big box store and carry it with me. And return it if unused within 30 days. If I do need to drop it in, I want FORD to pay for it.

OP
OP
GPSMan

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

• Banned
Bump

boatman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought we all have Roadside Assistance as part of the warranty

Sponsored

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I thought we all have Roadside Assistance as part of the warranty
OP stated they were in bumf*ck nowhere and there's not a Ford dealer in the area. So it might not be practical for them to wait hours for one to show up.

A.Bursell

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This info should be covered in the warranty paperwork. But my SWAG is that Ford won't reimburse *you* for diagnosing and repairing your vehicle. If you call them if/when it happens, they may refer you to a local licensed auto repair facility to tow, diagnose and repair the truck and then reimburse you.
Sponsored