Sponsored

Ford stock turns downward due to lack of sales! Reasons not to pay ADM!

Chris McD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I actually did exactly that Mav ordered 11/03/2020 and Mach E 11/13/2020 and honestly you could be very right ! Mav has shipped thank God! Mach E CRICKETS:) I actually bought the Mach E in hopes to keep my wife in the passenger seat of the Maverick :) Well as they say: the best laid plans LOL
Hopefully you get your Mach-E build date soon. We ordered ours in July and it was built in November, but delivery kept getting delayed, prolly cuz of the seatbelt recall. It was just sitting in the train yard waiting to go to the dealership. Finally got it on 1/20.

People are complaining about Maverick delays, but that’s been happening to all of Ford’s lineup for one reason or another. I was originally pitching to my wife the Ford Escape plug in hybrid, but that thing was delayed for like two years with no explanation. It’s like people forgot it existed. Our dealer finally got some end of last year.
Sponsored

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe Ford didn't know that going in?

When I initially ordered a Hybrid in Oct I was told 6 months if I was lucky and prob close to 9.
Same here when I ordered in late October. I was told anywhere from May until August for my hybrid XL.

Last edited:

jc888888888

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat eco boost, Mustang Mach E , Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Today, Ford announced lower than expected stock returns with an almost 8% drop compared to their expected 11.2% gain. Ford's financial expert says this is due to a chip shortage, but it really comes down to the fact Ford cannot move the product to dealers, and customers are not able to purchase their vehicle.

Ford recently stopped taking orders for Mavericks for the remainder of 2022, with orders resuming in late summer for 2023 models. Many of us who placed orders in June - August still await any sign of a build date from Ford or communication from our dealer. The semiconductor shortage was already a high priority for auto manufacturers before the June roll-out of the Maverick. Ford should have seen the limited ability to build another product in the Mexico plant that was already struggling to build Bronco Sport. Ford made no issue in controlling the on going demand of placing reservations to create a "Beannie Baby" or "Cabbage Patch Doll buying frenzy for a truck touted to be UNDER $20,000. It seems Ford allowed the orders to keep piling up knowing there would be long term delays. It is very sad that a new product as the Hybrid was rolled out in such unfortunate times; but it is very unresponsible for Ford to allow the orders to keep coming in, allowing more and more consumers to become angry and distrustful of the brand and their dealers. No wonder their stock is down.

Now, many order bearers are faced with a choice of waiting for an unknown timeframe in getting their Maverick, buying something else (Which ends in Ford not making a sale at all), or paying whatever a dealer asks. Enter unscrupulous, greedy, used car salesman!

For those who feel the need to purchase a Maverick from a greedy dealer who is marking the vehicle up $3000-7500, which I see in many local dealers, remember your decision will haunt you for a long time.

First, like any new car, your Maverick will depreciate 25% the minute you drive it off the lot. This depreciated amount is related to the MSRP, not your sales price. So, if you paid more than the MSRP, you really got screwed, because you now lost more than the expected depreciation. And if you took a loan out to buy the Maverick you will pay months longer for a car not worth what you owe. Also, any profit you may have made in your trade-in car was just dropped out the window forever due to you paying more than MSRP for your Maverick.

Second, your taxes on the car will always be based, year after year, on your purchase price, so each year you will be punished for paying more than you should have for a vehicle that is nowhere worth what you paid for it.

And third, your insurance will be based on what your car is worth (Kelly Blue Book) as identified from your VIN number. If you paid more than the MSRP, you better have GAP coverage as most insurance will not cover more than what the vehicle is worth.

All around, it is better to wait and pay the agreed upon price than to be bullish and foolish by paying more than retail just to be "the first Maverick on the block." Just my thoughts. Some may offer different opinions, but financially you are not doing yourself any favors by paying for Ford's mistake in tking orders for something they knew they could not produce.
Oh boy CAN WE PLEASE get back to new mods ,new ideas ,cool pictures , and anything but ..... look if you dont like any part of the current situation .Vote with your money ! Don't spend it the incessant whining and big bad dealer crap is polluting this board ! Just DONT BUY IT ! It is a truck not world peace or the birth of your first child for Christ sakes!

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow! That's great. In CA we pay sales tax at time of purchase and then a yearly tax based on current value each year which decreases as the vehicle ages. We also pay a license fee each year in addition to the value tax. Car license plates remain with the car when you sell or trade it. Very confusing, and definitely created to ensure the state always gets more money each year. When I moved to CA it was a surprise to me how they tax you all the time. Thanks for your comment and understanding of my viewpoint.
I’m New Jersey we tax everything including breathing, but we only pay tax once at purchase. Of course, we are near the top in auto insurance rates so half the drivers who live in the state use Aunt Betty’s address in another state, get plates in that state, and have all the Motor Vehicle and insurance company mail sent there. If they get in an accident going to work, then they are in trouble though.

OP
OP

DesertMaverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit HD, Subaru Forester
There's a sucker born every minute, nothing you and I say or do will ever change that.
And less than a week later from the original post, Ford is identifying dealers who charge mor than MSRP and plan to limit or remove their future allotments due to unfair pricing practices. The madness has got to stop, along with the angry people on this thread who try to justify why anyone should pay more than what the vehicle is worth according to the manufacturer. Are there really that many super wealthy people who can throw away money interested in this affordable truck? I am super curious where this mentality is coming from. The media is having a heyday with all the negative press and that is very sad for Ford, its' stock holders and those of us who just want our new truck.

Sponsored

OP
OP

DesertMaverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit HD, Subaru Forester
Oh boy CAN WE PLEASE get back to new mods ,new ideas ,cool pictures , and anything but ..... look if you dont like any part of the current situation .Vote with your money ! Don't spend it the incessant whining and big bad dealer crap is polluting this board ! Just DONT BUY IT ! It is a truck not world peace or the birth of your first child for Christ sakes!
I agree! Stop the madness, please.

TRUCKHEF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And less than a week later from the original post, Ford is identifying dealers who charge mor than MSRP and plan to limit or remove their future allotments due to unfair pricing practices. The madness has got to stop, along with the angry people on this thread who try to justify why anyone should pay more than what the vehicle is worth according to the manufacturer. Are there really that many super wealthy people who can throw away money interested in this affordable truck? I am super curious where this mentality is coming from. The media is having a heyday with all the negative press and that is very sad for Ford, its' stock holders and those of us who just want our new truck.
Still not gonna happen, Farley claims 10% of dealerships are doing this when its more like 99.99%. Like I said the practice will stay as long as there is a sucker to pay/fall for it. Unless you wanna run a PSA during the super bowl half-time show to educate people?

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not Super Wealthy and in fact just filed for Social Security after retiring early and living off taxable retirement accounts since 2014. Haven't bought myself a new car since my 55th birthday in 2013. I'm also getting unexpected $ windfall from selling my starter house. There's no such consideration as "throwing away money" here. I worked long and hard and always lived below my means in my career and contributed to company retirement plans- with the desired and predicted result- I have enough $ to last me until my expected death in my early to mid- 80's based on family history. I can probably safely drive and ride my motorcycles maybe 10 more years.

Ever heard of RMDs? Look it up. For all my diligence putting away retirement $- the Federal government MAKES you take out ~ 4% annually starting at age 72 so they can tax it! I made a wish list of a bunch of things I'd like to have with proceeds from my extra house that are tax free $. I budgeted $30k for a small truck. My Maverick comes in at $26,505 and I still have to pay some DMV fees but will land right about what I budgeted. If there was only 1 left on earth and they marked it up $5k due to scarcity I would still buy it. I want what I want at this stage of life, there's not another compact truck like it that meets all my needs and I'll keep it until I die like my Jeep. Such is the value to ME in my situation in life. I consider it $ well spent and even with a ADM (which I'm not paying) it would be less than a comparable midsize.

In the big picture a couple thousand added is just not that big a deal to get all stressed out about :cool:
Sponsored