First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick, 1950 Chevy trk, 2011 Chevy trk
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Even worst, CT will not test my 2008 f150 as it does not show the odometer reading. They take a picture of it to send to Carfax, no odometer no test.
Junked a good running truck this am because of this. Repair estimate was more than truck was worth.
Sponsored

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I understand the desire to "disconnect" and keep your data private. However, Ford is able to use that system to see any and all Check Engine Light codes that have popped up over time, even if it's not there anymore. This can be helpful in diagnosing issues you're having that conveniently don't show up when the dealer takes it for a test drive to replicate errors.
My main reason for pulling fuse 11 was 12v battery health. It's one of several things I've done to hopefully help the battery last longer.

I am aware of the CEL codes.

TarpDogg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My main reason for pulling fuse 11 was 12v battery health. It's one of several things I've done to hopefully help the battery last longer.

I am aware of the CEL codes.
Completely justified. During the winter months, remote start is constantly disabled because of low 12V power. Definitely because of all the data and "calls" being made by the onboard modules.
Sponsored