Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

We just caught another Ford Maverick pickup sporting an alternate grille design. The grille seems to match the leaked photo from the Hermosillo assembly line. Also shown is a new wheel design option while the 2022 Maverick truck rolls ahead of a 2020 F-150 lurking in the background.

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick New Grille and Wheels Option Caught Testing in Public 2022-maverick-truck-new-grille-wheels-1
Ford Maverick Ford Maverick New Grille and Wheels Option Caught Testing in Public 2022-maverick-truck-new-grille-wheels-2
Ford Maverick Ford Maverick New Grille and Wheels Option Caught Testing in Public 2022-maverick-truck-new-grille-wheels-3
Ford Maverick Ford Maverick New Grille and Wheels Option Caught Testing in Public 2022-maverick-truck-new-grille-wheels-4
Ford Maverick Ford Maverick New Grille and Wheels Option Caught Testing in Public 2022-maverick-truck-new-grille-wheels-5
Ford Maverick Ford Maverick New Grille and Wheels Option Caught Testing in Public 2022-maverick-truck-new-grille-wheels-6
Ford Maverick Ford Maverick New Grille and Wheels Option Caught Testing in Public 2022-maverick-truck-new-grille-wheels-7
Ford Maverick Ford Maverick New Grille and Wheels Option Caught Testing in Public 2022-maverick-truck-new-grille-wheels-8
Ford Maverick Ford Maverick New Grille and Wheels Option Caught Testing in Public 2022-maverick-truck-new-grille-wheels-9
Ford Maverick Ford Maverick New Grille and Wheels Option Caught Testing in Public 2022-maverick-truck-new-grille-wheels-10
Ford Maverick Ford Maverick New Grille and Wheels Option Caught Testing in Public 2022-maverick-truck-new-grille-wheels-11
Ford Maverick Ford Maverick New Grille and Wheels Option Caught Testing in Public 2022-maverick-truck-new-grille-wheels-12
Ford Maverick Ford Maverick New Grille and Wheels Option Caught Testing in Public 2022-maverick-truck-new-grille-wheels-13
Ford Maverick Ford Maverick New Grille and Wheels Option Caught Testing in Public 2022-maverick-truck-new-grille-wheels-14
Sponsored

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
We just caught another Ford Maverick pickup sporting an alternate grille design. The grille seems to match the leaked photo from the Hermosillo assembly line. Also shown is a new wheel design option while the 2022 Maverick truck rolls ahead of a 2020 F-150 lurking in the background.

2022-maverick-truck-new-grille-wheels-1.jpg
2022-maverick-truck-new-grille-wheels-2.jpg
2022-maverick-truck-new-grille-wheels-3.jpg
2022-maverick-truck-new-grille-wheels-4.jpg
2022-maverick-truck-new-grille-wheels-5.jpg
2022-maverick-truck-new-grille-wheels-6.jpg
2022-maverick-truck-new-grille-wheels-7.jpg
2022-maverick-truck-new-grille-wheels-8.jpg
2022-maverick-truck-new-grille-wheels-9.jpg
2022-maverick-truck-new-grille-wheels-10.jpg
2022-maverick-truck-new-grille-wheels-11.jpg
2022-maverick-truck-new-grille-wheels-12.jpg
2022-maverick-truck-new-grille-wheels-13.jpg
2022-maverick-truck-new-grille-wheels-14.jpg
This trim and wheels, black wrapped roof and mirrors, shiny black grill bar, cactus gray, where do I sign ford?

Sponsored

Basil

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
every new pic gets me more excited. Can’t wait for this to be official. Still cautious bout the bed size but it looks sufficient.
I haven’t seen any fog lights. Could that be the space next to the tow hooks?

NavyBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Looks like the brake disc is pretty big. Maybe that bodes well for a 5000lb or more tow rating. Need those big brakes to stop a big tow load.

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Man i cant wait to rip those little bumper winglets off and toss them in the dumpster. Lol. Wind channeling be damned, those little lips under new trucks are absurd nowadays. The third gen Tacoma one is hilariously big and low. Same with the massive front ends on the Silverado/Sierra then its even lower just because of the silly lips under the bumper.

My grand marquis has one right now and its biggest purpose is to let me know when im close to the curb while pulling into parking spots. *SKREEETCH* Close enough. On a truck Id just rip it off, why make the front bumper have less clearance.

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The one thing that is worrying me from these last two sets of spy shots is how much vertical room there will be. In two of the three trucks shown, the driver's head seems to be sitting pretty high. The big thing I didn't like about my dad's last gen Ranger was how high my head sat and how that made me look down through the windshield at an angle. Obviously you can lay the seat back a bit, but it feels a bit weird in a pretty upright vehicle and it takes away from space behind the driver. I'm hoping that there is a decent amount of vertical seat adjustment so I can be looking straight out through the windshield

Obviously we don't know how tall the drivers are, though, so it's really hard to tell if this might be an issue or not.

Edit: The driver of the white handled truck in the last set of spy shots in particular seemed to be sitting with his head really high.

Sponsored

Keynotes13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The one thing that is worrying me from these last two sets of spy shots is how much vertical room there will be. In two of the three trucks shown, the driver's head seems to be sitting pretty high. The big thing I didn't like about my dad's last gen Ranger was how high my head sat and how that made me look down through the windshield at an angle. Obviously you can lay the seat back a bit, but it feels a bit weird in a pretty upright vehicle and it takes away from space behind the driver. I'm hoping that there is a decent amount of vertical seat adjustment so I can be looking straight out through the windshield

Obviously we don't know how tall the drivers are, though, so it's really hard to tell if this might be an issue or not.

Edit: The driver of the white handled truck in the last set of spy shots in particular seemed to be sitting with his head really high.
If you look at the picture with the F150 behind it, the driver height seems to match the drivers in the Maverick when it comes to windshield position. I’m sure you can manually lower the seat cushion an inch or two. I’m ready to buy. Leaning towards a blackout look if they use the Bronco Sport colors.

Keynotes13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
every new pic gets me more excited. Can’t wait for this to be official. Still cautious bout the bed size but it looks sufficient.
I haven’t seen any fog lights. Could that be the space next to the tow hooks?
Next to the tow hooks looks primed for fog lights

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you look at the picture with the F150 behind it, the driver height seems to match the drivers in the Maverick when it comes to windshield position. I’m sure you can manually lower the seat cushion an inch or two. I’m ready to buy. Leaning towards a blackout look if they use the Bronco Sport colors.
I hope so. You can manually lower the seat on my Transit Connect, but you couldn't on my dad's Ranger. This is the picture that worried me a bit:
Ford Maverick Ford Maverick New Grille and Wheels Option Caught Testing in Public 2022-ford-maverick-pickup-spied-11-
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc