Ford maps center dash cluster

sunismymed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 xl
Engine
Undecided
One of the first things I did after I got my 2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick was to buy a navigation system. You can mount it on your dash and it is easy to install. The price is right too
[snip]
+1 for buying a dedicated GPS. Sorry to say it, but Android Auto is simply not ready for prime time IMHO. In fact, it's broken. I tried it with Sygic and Wayze and I put the blame at least 90% on Android/Ford side, and 10% on the app side. Even if it all really worked well, it's a problem to lose your screen and all its functions to get Navigation. "But you can still press this, swipe that, yada yada yada"
Sorry, doesn't work for me.

I want a dedicated, idiot proof (no offense to myself) system that just works. Coming from a Lexus that won't update maps, and when it did it cost more than a brand new Garmin EACH TIME you updated. For a bit over 100 I got the Drive Smart 55 because it also has traffic updates, and you can use voice commands to give an address or turn on a camera. You have "lifetime" updates maps (and the unit itself) over WIFI. You can turn WIFI & Bluetooth on or off.

It's simple, it works. It 1000% better UI than dealing with an app that's trying to upsell you every trip, and fighting with Android Auto and a car that is merely hosting Android Auto, which hosts the app.
It's also better than the native NAV system that Lexus and Nissan used to have. I really wanted my Android device to work, to not pay anything more, but this is better. For now, it sits OK in the dash hole behind the screen, but I've had a 3D design printed at the library for $3 and eventually will mount it's base in the cubby next to the screen.
www.thingiverse.com/thing:3548012
Sponsored

OP
OP
MadMav

MadMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick fx4 lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Asked before and got all kinds answers and recommendations, BUT I’ll ask again 😂, can someone with the sync 3 system, 2023 model post a pic of what the navigation looks like in the center dash , behind the steering wheel cluster .
TY 🫡

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Asked before and got all kinds answers and recommendations, BUT I’ll ask again 😂, can someone with the sync 3 system, 2023 model post a pic of what the navigation looks like in the center dash , behind the steering wheel cluster .
TY 🫡
I don't think any of the Ford's do Nav in the instrument cluster do they?

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Escape's 12.3" digital instrument cluster can at minimum show the distance to the next step and the direction (left, right, thru, roundabout). Android Auto (both Google Maps and Waze, likely others as well) passes that info along to Sync 3 and it gets displayed in the cluster. Factory nav may give more detail.

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Escape's 12.3" digital instrument cluster can at minimum show the distance to the next step and the direction (left, right, thru, roundabout). Android Auto (both Google Maps and Waze, likely others as well) passes that info along to Sync 3 and it gets displayed in the cluster. Factory nav may give more detail.
Ahh, ok. Cool. My brand offers that on some models, but I've never been a big fan.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MadMav

MadMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick fx4 lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2023 models with sync 3 systems have built in nav . I know it shows on speedo cluster, just wondering if its the whole map or just s corner block with next turn .
looks like I’ll just have to wait for min , should arrive within the week 😑

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Asked before and got all kinds answers and recommendations, BUT I’ll ask again 😂, can
2023 models with sync 3 systems have built in nav . I know it shows on speedo cluster, just wondering if its the whole map or just s corner block with next turn .
looks like I’ll just have to wait for min , should arrive within the week 😑
someone with the sync 3 system, 2023 model post a pic of what the navigation looks like in the center dash , behind the steering wheel cluster .
TY 🫡
You got the answer, there isn't any. Maverick, even loaded, does not show nav in the instrument cluster. I have a '23 Lariat loaded up. Doesn't have it. Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean you're not getting it.

dcs12345

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
🫡
I have a 22 lariat lux , waiting on my tremor , hoping with in the next 2 weeks

C0653F23-C619-437F-8BC5-40EC0E83A492.jpeg
On an unrelated note….is that a X15 tonneau cover? How do you like it so far?

OP
OP
MadMav

MadMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick fx4 lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You got the answer, there isn't any. Maverick, even loaded, does not show nav in the instrument cluster. I have a '23 Lariat loaded up. Doesn't have it. Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean you're not getting it.
You obviously don’t have a 2023 with sync 3 / B&O system . But thanks for taking the time

OP
OP
MadMav

MadMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick fx4 lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
🤔

Ford Maverick Ford maps center dash cluster A5865CF6-D6D8-4C05-9C39-039AFA9D33F9

Sponsored
OP
OP
MadMav

MadMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick fx4 lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On an unrelated note….is that a X15 tonneau cover? How do you like it so far?
I like it , had it over a year still looks and rolls new . It doesn’t block the rear window when rolled .

I get a small amount of water in the bed , but its from the gap in the tailgate / bed .. i might try to seal up the gate better on my tremor, but its very minimal and i don’t store anything in the bed

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You obviously don’t have a 2023 with sync 3 / B&O system . But thanks for taking the time
Yes, I do. I doesn't have nav in the cluster. Again you have the answer you just don't like it.

OP
OP
MadMav

MadMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick fx4 lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, I do. I doesn't have nav in the cluster. Again you have the answer you just don't like it.

“ instrument cluster". Factory Navigation information displays there when you are using the factory nav and the
setting is on compass.

Whatever that means , my 22 nav wasn’t available so im not sure .

I assume there’s a setting . Every car ive owned with built in navigation shows on the dash speedo cluster, some have the full map , some only a square with next turn .

BoricuaBeautyx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tatiana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Honestly, Android Auto has served me just as well, if not better. My dad has a 2018 F150 lariat with sync 3 and navigation, which would be the same or very similar as the maverick lariat. Tbh, after adding the wireless Android Auto dongle, I just have Google Maps ready for me every time I turn on my XLT. My dad also uses Maps over the sync 3 navigation. But, it all depends what your needs are

MaverickInMass

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a 2023 Tremor Lariat, with Lariat Lux, specifically for the Navigation upgrade. If there is a way to display it in the instrument cluster, I have not found it or am not aware of it. As far as I've seen in the month or so I have had my truck it is shown only in the media display. If you find a stock way to show in the cluster, I'd love to toy with that! Welcome to the Tremor brotherhood!
Sponsored