T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Still seems like a wishy washy answer.

Stating "Check back in the next couple of weeks" instead of "The Hybrid EPA numbers and the OKTB will be out in the next few weeks" seems like that are allowing themselves wiggle room if it isn't out in two weeks time.

Also note I never got an answer to my question " Steve Dallas TX: Is there an estimated date when EPA numbers are released or do we constantly have to hit refresh hourly on those sites? ".
That looks like a "canned answer", I imagine they were ready for it and that's the cut and paste response. They never answered my question either, I asked how many weeks away, no response.
Sponsored

doug2104

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
is there a recorded version of the live stream available?
I ask the ford moderate about watching the live stream later and got no response so I guess that was a NO.

rtftiger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Verano
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Man, the Ford communications people arenā€™t going to ready for how salty this group is.

Hope4jsl

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux Ecoboost
Iā€™m not trying to be rude to the people who made this, but I agree with the others, it was kind of lame. Maybe because I am a Maverick news addict, but I felt like I knew way more than the guy did making the video. He kept reading from his tablet as he was talking.

I did like how he showed some of the info on the touch screen, which I havenā€™t seen too much of yet. But I ended up leaving the stream early. Maybe I missed something good after I left.

The whole thing was too over produced and just didnā€™t seem genuine. I guess thatā€™s what happens when the manufacturer produces contentā€¦They have to stick to a polished script and give plenty of warnings about safety and wearing seatbelts.

I feel like I learn more from people on YouTube (including Tim Bartz). I also like their style better.

I shouldnā€™t be so negativeā€¦ at least they did something. Now, letā€™s get these Mavericks built!

Sponsored

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Did anyone happen to ask what the deal is/was with the rear defroster getting removed from Lariat, in order guide?
If you compare models on build website, it shows Defrost.

Maybe Tim covered this in one of weekly updates? @fordvideoguy

Ford Maverick Ford Live Stream Q&A at 6pm CST EF09E4F2-47CF-496E-A38C-E4BF56A57E24

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Iā€™m not trying to be rude to the people who made this, but I agree with the others, it was kind of lame. Maybe because I am a Maverick news addict, but I felt like I knew way more than the guy did making the video. He kept reading from his tablet as he was talking.

I did like how he showed some of the info on the touch screen, which I havenā€™t seen too much of yet. But I ended up leaving the stream early. Maybe I missed something good after I left.

The whole thing was too over produced and just didnā€™t seem genuine. I guess thatā€™s what happens when the manufacturer produces contentā€¦They have to stick to a polished script and give plenty of warnings about safety and wearing seatbelts.

I feel like I learn more from people on YouTube (including Tim Bartz). I also like their style better.

I shouldnā€™t be so negativeā€¦ at least they did something. Now, letā€™s get these Mavericks built!
Itā€™s nothing negative.

I feel most of us on this forum have been tracking the Mav since June 8th, hell maybe even before it was even officially announced.

At this point we arenā€™t going to see anything new and ground breaking. They do need to keep making these for the people who may have just heard of the Mav with the release of the driving videos.

I like to make fun of the water bottles because itā€™s been mentioned in every video and believe me, IVE WATCHED THEM ALL. But itā€™s a selling point so itā€™s going to be regurgitated in every video.

And yes, god speed Ford. Make them as fast as possible.

Last edited:

Hope4jsl

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux Ecoboost
Itā€™s nothing negative.

I feel most of us on this forum have been tracking the Mav since June 8th, hell maybe even before it was even officially announced.

At this point we arenā€™t going to see anything new and group breaking. They do need to keep making these for the people who may have just heard of the Mav with the release of the driving videos.

I like to make fun of the water bottles because itā€™s been mentioned in every video and believe me, IVE WATCHED THEM ALL. But itā€™s a selling point so itā€™s going to be regurgitated in every video.

And yes, god speed Ford. Make them as fast as possible.
Yes, you are right. Im probably not their target audience since I think I have seen every Maverick video also.

Besides the water bottle holder being mentioned a lot, I also notice them mention the FIT system a lot. They talk about people 3D printing their own accessories at home. I always wonder, do that many people really have 3D printers at home? I guess I am just behind the timesā€¦ lol

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, you are right. Im probably not their target audience since I think I have seen every Maverick video also.

Besides the water bottle holder being mentioned a lot, I also notice them mention the FIT system a lot. They talk about people 3D printing their own accessories at home. I always wonder, do that many people really have 3D printers at home? I guess I am just behind the timesā€¦ lol
Yep. I had the TFL and Alex on Autos reviews playing in the background multiple times today as I worked.

Hahahaha. The FITS thing is my second pain point.

Heck, Iā€™m a ā€œyoungsterā€ and Iā€™d never dream of owning a 3D printer. We must be behind the times.

The videos of the people picking up the perfectly crumpled pieces of paper to throw into the ugly looking trash bin always gives me a chuckle.

Tourguide

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I logged in at the wrong time. ā€œHey guys, we give the ability for a 1L water bottle!ā€

Thatā€™s it. Iā€™m switching to Santa Cruz.
A nother one bites the dust, a nother one bites the dust, and here we go again!! One more down and one more closer for my Maverick

Sponsored

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A nother one bites the dust, a nother one bites the dust, and here we go again!! One more down and one more closer for my Maverick
Ford Maverick Ford Live Stream Q&A at 6pm CST E95E78DC-A09A-42FE-8F42-518EA86BE8C2

Hahahahaha. Zero chance Iā€™d switch to that Alabama kissin cousin looking thing.

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
E95E78DC-A09A-42FE-8F42-518EA86BE8C2.png

Hahahahaha. Zero chance Iā€™d switch to that Alabama kissin cousin looking thing.
Well Alabama is a big auto manufacturer, especially for Hyundai šŸ˜†

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Did anyone happen to ask what the deal is/was with the rear defroster getting removed from Lariat, in order guide?
If you compare models on build website, it shows Defrost.

Maybe Tim covered this in one of weekly updates? @fordvideoguy

EF09E4F2-47CF-496E-A38C-E4BF56A57E24.jpeg
That was removed from the Lariat on the first order guide update on 8/1 I believe. It was never on any other trim.

Sylvester

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bottom line, they wont be any Data on Hybrid and with that no hybrid for the next few weeks. Kiss your hybrids good bye, at least for the next few weeks......

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That was removed from the Lariat on the first order guide update on 8/1 I believe. It was never on any other trim.
Yes, removed from order guide. That is why it is a little confusing that the current website still shows it. Maybe they plan to add it to Job 2. @fordvideoguy
Sponsored