Ford ESP Warranties - SHOP AROUND!

lmellberg

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick/Carbonized Gray/Ordered 8/26/21
If you are considering purchasing the Ford ESP Warranty - be sure to shop around on line. California has some of the highest pricing on this (no surprise here)! As long as you purchase directly from a Ford dealer, you can purchase it anywhere. Here is the best deal I have found: AndersonAndKoch-Ford-Warranty.com - as an example the Premium 6YR/100K for 1000! You can even pay on time via PayPal.
Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can anyone tell me what this means?
Vehicles within the New Vehicle Limited Warranty • Eligible Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles that have New Vehicle Limited Warranty remaining at the time of purchase – coverage begins at the signature date and current mileage. Coverage ends at the earlier of the number of months purchased or the number of miles purchased from the expiration of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. ford_extrabro-2018.pdf (andersonandkoch-ford-warranty.com)
The phrase "from the expiration of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty" confuses me a bit. It kind of looks like they start counting the months and miles at the end of the manufacturer's warranty.

So, for example, if I have a 36,000 mile new vehicle warranty and I buy a 100,000 mile service plan, then (ignoring the time limits) that plan would last until I had 136,000 miles on the truck.

Is that right? Because I always thought the extended plan started counting at zero miles.

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

The phrase "from the expiration of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty" confuses me a bit. It kind of looks like they start counting the months and miles at the end of the manufacturer's warranty.

So, for example, if I have a 36,000 mile new vehicle warranty and I buy a 100,000 mile service plan, then (ignoring the time limits) that plan would last until I had 136,000 miles on the truck.

Is that right? Because I always thought the extended plan started counting at zero miles.
If you purchase an Extended warranty at vehicle purchase with 0 miles on the car it ends at 6yrs/100k (hypothetical example) on vehicle at 6yrs/100k miles. The first 3y/36k overlap.
If you purchase the Extended warranty at the vehicles age of 35months/35k miles it still ends at 6yrs/100k miles.
Neither extend the warranty past it's contracted limit of 6y/100k.

OP
OP
lmellberg

lmellberg

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

It ends at 100K

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you purchase an Extended warranty at vehicle purchase with 0 miles on the car it ends at 6yrs/100k (hypothetical example) on vehicle at 6yrs/100k miles. The first 3y/36k overlap.
If you purchase the Extended warranty at the vehicles age of 35months/35k miles it still ends at 6yrs/100k miles.
Neither extend the warranty past it's contracted limit of 6y/100k.
Yes, as I said in my post, that's what I've always thought -- it starts counting at zero miles.

But, in that case, what does the bolded language in the quote from the plan brochure mean? If the plans work like you say, it doesn't seem to mean anything. In other words, these two sentences would mean the same thing, which doesn't seem right:

"Coverage ends at the earlier of the number of months purchased or the number of miles purchased."

"Coverage ends at the earlier of the number of months purchased or the number of miles purchased from the expiration of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty."

[EDIT TO ADD] Anderson & Koch have a sample plan contract on their website. The language it uses to describe the period is quite different from the brochure:

"Coverage ends at the earlier of the Number of Months Purchased or the Number of Miles or actual or equivalent Hours purchased from the New Vehicle Limited Warranty Start Date or Zero Miles or Hours."

The brochure seems to say the clock starts at the expiration of the new vehicle warranty, the contract says the clock starts at the new vehicle warranty start date (or zero miles).

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
lmellberg

lmellberg

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, as I said in my post, that's what I've always thought -- it starts counting at zero miles.

But, in that case, what does the bolded language in the quote from the plan brochure mean? If the plans work like you say, it doesn't seem to mean anything. In other words, these two sentences would mean the same thing, which doesn't seem right:

"Coverage ends at the earlier of the number of months purchased or the number of miles purchased."

"Coverage ends at the earlier of the number of months purchased or the number of miles purchased from the expiration of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty."
Great question, I sent them an email (closed today) for a confirmation, is it 100K or 136K?

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Flood Ford is another that offers great pricing.

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My local sealer quoted me the same price that Flood Ford listed on their website, so I went with them.

Sponsored

ValenciaOrange

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you are considering purchasing the Ford ESP Warranty - be sure to shop around on line. California has some of the highest pricing on this (no surprise here)! As long as you purchase directly from a Ford dealer, you can purchase it anywhere. Here is the best deal I have found: AndersonAndKoch-Ford-Warranty.com - as an example the Premium 6YR/100K for 1000! You can even pay on time via PayPal.
What is the deductible on this plan?

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

dgnx6

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Warranties start at mile 0. Doesnt matter when you purchase it.

• Coverage begins with the original in-service date (New Vehicle Limited Warranty start date) and zero miles or hours. Your selected coverage expires upon reaching the earliest of time, mileage or hours.

Last edited: