First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know Im naive now and then. Just got off the Ford Chat and realized after a few questions, Im messaging a robot. lol Wanted to see where my Oct 2nd FE, AWD order stands. Wondering how many builds are ahead of me if what they say, building in order that orders came in???
Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They might have sounded like a robot, but they are a real human. I have asked questions that were pretty specific and they answered. And even the "standard" answers seem to vary "agent to agent". Seems like I get slightly differently worded answers every week that I ask the same questions. Which leads me to beleive they are smart and sort of have a "cheat sheet" of common answers that they can cut and paste to common questions. Not a script exactly, but at least a document with their top 10-20 answers. I know I have something similar for my job since I get a lot of emails that all essentially are asking me the same thing. I just cut and paste an answer and then edit it as needed to be a bit more specific to the person asking the question.

unlimited

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Heidi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know Im naive now and then. Just got off the Ford Chat and realized after a few questions, Im messaging a robot. lol Wanted to see where my Oct 2nd FE, AWD order stands. Wondering how many builds are ahead of me if what they say, building in order that orders came in???
They are not building in the order they came in. There have been several on here with my exact build but a later order date and they have received their emails that they are in production.

OP
OP
boatman

boatman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They might have sounded like a robot, but they are a real human. I have asked questions that were pretty specific and they answered. And even the "standard" answers seem to vary "agent to agent". Seems like I get slightly differently worded answers every week that I ask the same questions. Which leads me to beleive they are smart and sort of have a "cheat sheet" of common answers that they can cut and paste to common questions. Not a script exactly, but at least a document with their top 10-20 answers. I know I have something similar for my job since I get a lot of emails that all essentially are asking me the same thing. I just cut and paste an answer and then edit it as needed to be a bit more specific to the person asking the question.
Thanks for your opinion.

OP
OP
boatman

boatman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They are not building in the order they came in. There have been several on here with my exact build but a later order date and they have received their emails that they are in production.
Wow??? Not sure what to believe anymore... Who is credible anymore?

Sponsored

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Every time I've used their chat feature I've gotten a person... 🤷‍♂️

Godzilla

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I chatted with someone named Diamond today. I have never in my 68 years met a robot named Diamond!

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I chatted with someone named Diamond today. I have never in my 68 years met a robot named Diamond!
Much more likely to be a robot if their name is "Platinum" or "Steel".

kpregan34

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Buick Rainer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My experience with the chat and talking with a person in customer service is that they have limited information. The dealer can tell you where you stand on their list - how many ahead of you on the list, how many outstanding orders they have. Like others have said, the builds may not go in order from you dealer because of constraints, but it should at least let you know if you're near the top of the list or way down at the bottom.

I was #10 on the list about 4 weeks ago with a Lariat Lux, CP, sunroof hybrid. 3 weeks later I had a build week scheduled. Not sure if the 9 ahead of me also we scheduled. I also found out there are 149 that have yet to be scheduled at my dealer.

Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
One easy way to tell is if you ask a multipart question in one sentence. Most bots will only be able to address the first one. Or ask for an opinion, lol. I do love the automated bots when you call into a call center though, how they play fake keyboard sounds to pretend they are searching for the information you submitted for verification, lol.

Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid w/moonroof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid