First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered mine in late July early august last year, and received it right before New Years. At the time I had initially ordered a hybrid lux, started getting cold feet (I like powerful vehicles) and switched to awd ecoboost. While I love it and it is surprisingly quick, I wish I would’ve held out for the hybrid especially given the gas situation.

Now that being said, I believe I got mine quicker because I switched away from constraints (lux, hybrid, bedliner all dropped). But my primary goal was not to drop constraints, I just happened to want certain features at a certain price.

I am a Ford employee, so I feel like I can say this both with and without bias. With bias, the constraints are real. Parts shortages are constantly happening and we’re constantly adapting on the fly. It makes me sick in my hometown and my home plant (Kentucky Truck) the vehicles we are running without stock to be repaired later, I think it’s hurting our overall quality tremendously, but the market demand is at an extreme we haven’t seen before and so is corporate greed. I’m not sure what the solution is anymore.

That being said, op, if you truly want the maverick and it checks all the boxes, then I believe it is worth the wait. But it’s also true that Ford sucks. They were unprepared and caught with their pants down around this global situation - yes, just like thousands of other corporations- but Ford is prioritizing higher profit trucks (super dutys, navigators) at the expense of cheaper ones. Parts are being funneled into the higher profit margin plants priority wise, which I understand, but I am curious as to what the long term customer effect of these decisions are going to be. Throw in on top of this that Ford has a pretty archaic, unsatisfactory and at times, shady dealer network and this was all a recipe for disaster.

I don’t hold any customers responsible for this. Ford has had absolutely terrible communications, dealership policy’s etc and it’s catching up with them. If you want the maverick, I think it is worth waiting for. But if there’s something else out there equally interesting to you - cut ties and run the other way. There’s no loyalty on Fords side of the fence so don’t give them more ground than they deserve.
Thank you for that Great and Honest reply! As things stand until someone else come out with a competive alternative, I will continue to wait it out. But Ford be warned the customers patients ARE wearing thin, and the word is out!
Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dealer I ordered from has so far only received the 1 dealer stock allotment. They have yet to get a retail order delivered. Of the other 2 dealerships near me 1 has received there 1 dealer stock allotment and nothing else, the other one is still waiting for there first delivery.
Bummer. It seems to be kind of the reverse down here.

My little dealer put in about 10 orders and has received at least 5. But the last time I talked to my salesman he had received zero dealer stock deliveries. It's hard to explain why it's so different here.

Have you checked to make sure the orders were submitted correctly through COVP/ROVP? It would really be a bummer to wait all this time and then find out that the dealer didn't know how to put an order in.

OP
OP
Lugnut

Lugnut

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bummer. It seems to be kind of the reverse down here.

My little dealer put in about 10 orders and has received at least 5. But the last time I talked to my salesman he had received zero dealer stock deliveries. It's hard to explain why it's so different here.

Have you checked to make sure the orders were submitted correctly through COVP/ROVP? It would really be a bummer to wait all this time and then find out that the dealer didn't know how to put an order in.
I have contacted Ford customer service on several occasions, and they tell me it is clean unscheduled priority 2. Where I live it is very lightly populated widespread area. Almost every small town has their own small dealership. Nobody north of the Fox Valley does what would be considered high volume sales. Just enough to keep them and their employees going. Until now!

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have contacted Ford customer service on several occasions, and they tell me it is clean unscheduled priority 2. Where I live it is very lightly populated widespread area. Almost every small town has their own small dealership. Nobody north of the Fox Valley does what would be considered high volume sales. Just enough to keep them and their employees going. Until now!
My dealer is in a town of about 4,000 people. But it's only about 30 miles from the north edge of Tucson, AZ and they try to draw business from there. They are only partially successful, so they don't have very high volume either.

I drove about 45 miles up there to order because I didn't like the way the dealers here in Tucson were acting about signing a contract guaranteeing the price. I'm too old now to spend time dealing with folks I don't like dealing with (if I can avoid it).

OP
OP
Lugnut

Lugnut

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer is in a town of about 4,000 people. But it's only about 30 miles from the north edge of Tucson, AZ and they try to draw business from there. They are only partially successful, so they don't have very high volume either.

I drove about 45 miles up there to order because I didn't like the way the dealers here in Tucson were acting about signing a contract guaranteeing the price. I'm too old now to spend time dealing with folks I don't like dealing with (if I can avoid it).
My sentiments exactly!

Sponsored

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can care or not, but that is just not how manufacturing works on a large scale. We aren't talking about building an Iphone, where Apple uses a half dozen suppliers that they probably also own and can better control the flow of parts.

There are dozens of independent manufacturers making what amounts to thousands of parts, all of which have to be inventoried and managed to determine what, exactly, can be built any given week. There is a significant amount of management of all of this process, planned as far in advance as possible, but ultimately subject to supply chain issues, of which there are MANY more than would have occurred in the past.
So a July order can't be built but the identical options from August and September get built and delivered and you don't see a problem for the customer.

RustBeltRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE Premium
I am far past the point of wondering how Ford plans to fill all 2022 orders. It is now apparent it can not be accomplished this year. There are a large number of dealers with dozens of orders on their books who have yet to receive even one retail allocation. Is there anybody that can convince me I am wrong? Also WHY is it these dealers are passed over for retail allocations? Placed my order on July 1 Was informed that I was the first to place a Maverick order with them. STILL NOT SCHEDULED! Proirity 2 since November. Thank you all for letting me vent.
I bought mine in Columbus Ohio off the lot..
It's an Alto Blue Hybrid XLT.
I had a Lariat Hybrid Loaded ordered, but purchased off the lot when it came in..
Honestly.. It's been bitter sweet, i do like some things, but I have a lot of issues with this thing and kinda wish i just bought a Corolla. (so i ordered a GR Circuit edition)

Mach 1

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybr 2018 F150 Lariat 3.5 ECO
Damn with RUG going nuts, my purchase makes better sense today, I hope you gets yours, RUG up $.17 last week.

Starfysh

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick xl
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree that where you order from is as important as what you ordered, and more important than when you ordered. I have a heavily constrained build at a dealer that hasn't sold one Maverick in the 4 months since I ordered. I'm pretty sure they knew they wouldn't get many allocations as I was told 6-8 months at best and 50/50 if I would even see a model year 22. My mistake for agreeing to lay down $1000 for what has since become a pipe dream.
My dealer told me if I changed my mind 1k was refundable. In writing too.

Sponsored

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

How do you find out who has allocations?
If they stumble, bumble, or crumble I suggest you move on. If they can give you an answer, listen and do research. Read reviews and ask questions. Read posts on this website and ask if anyone has dealt well your dealer. Leave no stone unturned. Unfortunately your local guy may not be your best option. Volume plays a part in allocactions.
Sponsored