Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach E 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fog lights aren't white. 🤐
Really?

Yellow vs. White Fog Lights: Which Are Better?

When choosing the right fog light between white and yellow, it’s up to your preference. It would help if you considered each of the benefits and drawbacks, which will help you decide which is better for your vehicle.

The Pros of the Yellow Fog Light

• Ease of contact with the human eye. The human eyes will ideally indulge the yellow light, whether focused on approaching road users or the road.
  • It ensures safety because it takes less effort to see.
  • Yellow fog lights cut well through different environmental conditions capable of affecting vision.
  • It is important for the perception of depth, which is helpful if you are driving in an unfamiliar environment.
  • The yellow lights also add extra beauty to the car.
The Cons of Yellow Fog Light

• The main drawback of the yellow light is that it might not be sufficiently bright in some situations. This issue becomes evident when utilizing a yellow fog light color.
The Pros of White Fog Light

• The white fog light brings some straightforwardness, which numerous vehicle owners appreciate.
  • It is adaptable, which infers that you can utilize it as a standard vehicle light.
  • It is exceptionally brilliant and can carry great enlightenment to dark spots.
The Cons of White Fog Light

• It can be too bright, making it unsuitable for human vision. Such brightness can cause tension while driving.
  • There is the danger of refraction because of its short frequency, expanding the odds of glares.
Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yellow vs. White Fog Lights: Which Are Better?

When choosing the right fog light between white and yellow, it’s up to your preference. It would help if you considered each of the benefits and drawbacks, which will help you decide which is better for your vehicle.
Ah, yes, very definitive. An article that reads like it was written by an AI.

Vtec87pr1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

i had my led Cheap fog lights white and they do sometimes bother ppl but i belive its all about the position of the fog lights as long they do shine down and not to much to the sides.

Sponsored

Vtec87pr1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

A FORD truck should at least have the OPTION!!!!
All they need to do its add 2 wires and change the switch and enable it on the bcm lol 😆 and put it on the front bumper . Very simple even i did it idk why ford cant.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All they need to do its add 2 wires and change the switch and enable it on the bcm lol 😆 and put it on the front bumper . Very simple even i did it idk why ford cant.
Yea especially since everything would be carried over from the Escape, it would be the same button and everything.

I drive in the fog often and it's definitely a mod I'm considering - but I may end up in a Tremor next year anyways so I'm trying to hold off cutting up the bumper. If I get the Tremor it will be the first thing I do.

Old_Norm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ah, yes, very definitive. An article that reads like it was written by an AI.
Did the "AI" get something wrong? Maybe you should report the National Motorists Association Blog for using this tag line: By Tim Miller , Guest Writer • June 28, 2021

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did the "AI" get something wrong? Maybe you should report the National Motorists Association Blog for using this tag line: By Tim Miller , Guest Writer • June 28, 2021
"The human eyes will ideally indulge the yellow light," What does this even mean?
"It is important for the perception of depth" Citation needed. How is yellow more 'depth perceptible' than other segments of the spectrum?
"The white fog light brings some straightforwardness, which numerous vehicle owners appreciate." Yeah, not like those treacherous colored lights; too shifty.
"There is the danger of refraction because of its short frequency, expanding the odds of glares." How is white 'short frequency'? White is an inclusive range of frequencies. Does the writer even understand how the light spectrum works?

Old_Norm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"The human eyes will ideally indulge the yellow light," What does this even mean?
"It is important for the perception of depth" Citation needed. How is yellow more 'depth perceptible' than other segments of the spectrum?
"The white fog light brings some straightforwardness, which numerous vehicle owners appreciate." Yeah, not like those treacherous colored lights; too shifty.
"There is the danger of refraction because of its short frequency, expanding the odds of glares." How is white 'short frequency'? White is an inclusive range of frequencies. Does the writer even understand how the light spectrum works?
You should have your AI contact his AI to discuss your complaints.

Here's what my AI says.

White Fog Lights:

1. Visibility: White light is generally better at illuminating the road and providing a crisp, clear view.
  2. Contrast: White light may offer better contrast against dark or wet road surfaces.
  3. Adverse Weather: White light can be effective in cutting through fog, rain, and snow.
Yellow Fog Lights:

1. Reduced Glare: Yellow light is less likely to create glare in foggy conditions, making it easier on the eyes.
  2. Improved Depth Perception: Some drivers find that yellow light enhances depth perception in challenging conditions.
  3. Snowy Conditions: Yellow light can be advantageous in snowy conditions, as it may reduce the reflection of light off snow particles.
Sponsored