2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How much trimming is needed.

....sorry wanted to be the first to post this topic.
Sponsored

ZipperKid

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The bronco sport badlands has 28.5" tires so, based on the pictures eyeballing it, I'd say you could stuff 30s in the arches without major modifications. I support your cause though!

Reactions: Doc

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The bronco sport badlands has 28.5" tires so, based on the pictures eyeballing it, I'd say you could stuff 30s in the arches without major modifications. I support your cause though!
In an interview, a Bronco Sport engineer said that 30.5 tires would fit without any lift, but 31s wouldn't. So I agree with ZipperKid that 30s would likely be the functional limit without modifications.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
guess I'm missing the point of why anyone would want to do this? Maverick is designed as an economical entry level light duty run around town vehicle, not a Baja trail runner or serious off roader, rock crawler, etc. Additionally putting massive tires on it will surely strain the drive train on that transverse mounted little motor whether 3 or 4 cylinder. Maybe they have a work- around on a timberline or sasquatch type upgrade but nothing confirmed. Bronco Sprot is having reported overheating problems with AWD goat modes off-road. Why not wait for new Ranger Raptor that's basically confirmed and will be off road ready?

Sponsored

ZipperKid

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

MontanaEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PHEV- Volt
So much for the 22 inch spinners being "extreme." The problem with making a joke about excess is that no matter how far you go, there is always someone who is willing to go just a little further. That said, I love to see the creativity that goes into some vehicles. It may not be what I want, but if it's done well I have to respect the work.

OP
OP

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lowering a truck is entirely different than jacking it and stuffing on big tires. The adherents to each mod have an inherent animosity towards each other. In other words, you cant talk spinners and big wheels and lowering in a thread designated to getting the biggest KO2 tire humanly possible under the Mav.

Occasionally there is a crossover with people running obscenely big wheels and ridiculous low profile AT tires but they are generally scoffed at in the big tire game.