Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My 24 Mav Lariat hybrid (cactus gray) arrived at the dealer(Robert Horne Ford) 3 days ago (after a 14 mo wait). Picked it up yesterday. I traded in my 21 Mazda CX-5. The Mav was as ordered; but due to new Std. feature changes made by Ford the price was more than anticipated. Ford gave me a private offer of $2500, so that was a help. The haggeling went much better than I had anticipated. I got a fair price for the trade. I had previously made an appointment in Overgaard, so I thought it would be a great first trip. FYI the Elevation in Mesa is about 1350. Overgaard is about 6700. The highest elevation in between Mesa and Overgaard is about 7700. The one way distance is about 134 mi. When I picked up the Mav I asked the dealer to fill it with 91 octane, they did (as far as I know). Going to Overgaard the Mav gave an MPG of 39. On the return trip it was 51.2 MPG. I am sure the actual MPG is a little less. I drive at 7 miles over the limit, not to exceed 68. ( typically posted limit was 55 or 65 MPH). When I fill the tank I will have a better MPG #. On the way up I did not use the cruze; on the return I did. I tried to keep the max power % below 40% to help the MPG. There are a lot of features to learn how to use, so it will be months before I figure them all out. The B & O sound system was great. The Mav also had NAV. Which I had on 1/2 the screen; but did not really use. The brakes were not "grabby" at low speeds. The only thing I noticed was the brakes felt very stiff as the truck came to a stop. I would estimate that my wt + other items was no more than 300 lbs. The ride was good w/ low road and wind noise. The seat was comfortable; but I always use a seat cushion. When I have a few fill ups I will post again. Good luck to all. It was a long hard wait; but that is now in the past.
Sponsored

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My 24 Mav Lariat hybrid (cactus gray) arrived at the dealer(Robert Horne Ford) 3 days ago (after a 14 mo wait). Picked it up yesterday. I traded in my 21 Mazda CX-5. The Mav was as ordered; but due to new Std. feature changes made by Ford the price was more than anticipated. Ford gave me a private offer of $2500, so that was a help. The haggeling went much better than I had anticipated. I got a fair price for the trade. I had previously made an appointment in Overgaard, so I thought it would be a great first trip. FYI the Elevation in Mesa is about 1350. Overgaard is about 6700. The highest elevation in between Mesa and Overgaard is about 7700. The one way distance is about 134 mi. When I picked up the Mav I asked the dealer to fill it with 91 octane, they did (as far as I know). Going to Overgaard the Mav gave an MPG of 39. On the return trip it was 51.2 MPG. I am sure the actual MPG is a little less. I drive at 7 miles over the limit, not to exceed 68. ( typically posted limit was 55 or 65 MPH). When I fill the tank I will have a better MPG #. On the way up I did not use the cruze; on the return I did. I tried to keep the max power % below 40% to help the MPG. There are a lot of features to learn how to use, so it will be months before I figure them all out. The B & O sound system was great. The Mav also had NAV. Which I had on 1/2 the screen; but did not really use. The brakes were not "grabby" at low speeds. The only thing I noticed was the brakes felt very stiff as the truck came to a stop. I would estimate that my wt + other items was no more than 300 lbs. The ride was good w/ low road and wind noise. The seat was comfortable; but I always use a seat cushion. When I have a few fill ups I will post again. Good luck to all. It was a long hard wait; but that is now in the past.
Congrats on finally getting your Maverick! Now enjoy it! Hope to see you at the AZ meet-up (If we ever have it)

PapaRed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Hybrid, 2002 Saturn L200
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ray, I plan a trip to Flagstaff and back with my '23 Hybrid Lariat. Other than towing it behind my motorhome some 4,000 miles this past summer, it hasn't been on trips. Any recommendations based on your road trip?

OP
OP
Raymundo76

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ray, I plan a trip to Flagstaff and back with my '23 Hybrid Lariat. Other than towing it behind my motorhome some 4,000 miles this past summer, it hasn't been on trips. Any recommendations based on your road trip?
On steep hills , keep you speed down. I do not know if 91 octane made a difference jn the MPG or not. On my trip the temp was from the high 40's to the low 60's; so maybe not(but it did not hurt). On hot AZ summer days with the steep grades on I 17 it may make a difference. I think keeping the power below 40% was a good idea for increased MPG. However There was plenty of reserve power I could have driven 75 mph on 87 uphill grades; but I am sure the MPG would have been much lower. A cover
Sponsored