First couple miles in the books

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
Just took the wife and in-laws out for dinner in the Maverick. Overall, great experience. My findings so far.

-It drives nicely on city streets. Smooth ride. Comfortable
- the plastic trim is on the lower end as far as finish and tolerances. The interior door handles, for example, have some sharp edges around the surface. Not sharp enough to cut or snag. But enough that it reflects poorly on overall feel of the material. There are other areas like that as well.
- Big windshield and view. Gives a good feeling driving position.
-The bar that goes through the grill and connects to the headlights is NOT chrome. It’s more of a light gunmetal. Which is great because I hate chrome.
- B&O stereo sounds pretty good. But nothing spectacular.
- The drive selector knob seems cheap and has pretty big tolerances. Much sloppier than what I’m used to in previous cars.
- Auto start stop isn’t as annoying as I thought it would be. But still not a fan.

More to
Ford Maverick First couple miles in the books B93F634B-757A-4C14-8019-5177A41B1F1E
Sponsored

Edogg1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep renegade desert hawk
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I love that you had it shipped, my biggest fear is that I’ll get a call from the dealership that my truck is in and it’ll have 100 miles on it from test drives.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
- The drive selector knob seems cheap and has pretty big tolerances. Much sloppier than what I’m used to in previous cars.
Other cars, or other Fords?

JibbersCrabst

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I love that you had it shipped, my biggest fear is that I’ll get a call from the dealership that my truck is in and it’ll have 100 miles on it from test drives.
Your dealership shouldn't be letting anybody test drive your retail unit, only stock units. Tell 'em if you're not the first person to fart in the seat you don't want it. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mav

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
Shipping was the only way to keep 1100 miles from being put on it by a stranger. Mine arrived with 19 miles

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Someone was going to drive your truck 1100 miles to you?

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
Thanks for your observations. Helps to keep realities and expectations in check. Even my fully loaded MAV is still going to be an economy ride

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for your observations. Helps to keep realities and expectations in check. Even my fully loaded MAV is still going to be an economy ride
Agreed. My Chapman price for my hybrid Lariat Lux is just over $29k. With the average new car price hovering around $42k, this is all to be expected.

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, it removes some of the expectations of perfection and preciousness that are bound to accompany any new vehicle. It also helps to occasionally ride I’m my spouse’s BMW. It amply demonstrates what you get when you spend twice what I’m going to pay for MY ride

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the Maverick will be great. We have the Genesis, and just last year we sold our Mercedes E-class and Porsche Macan. Great cars, but the law of diminishing returns is strong there. We've spent years spending too much money on cars, IMO. It will be nice to have something utilitarian and sort of cheap.

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My view is that considering this is, at it’s core, a $20,000 vehicle, flaws in fit and finish are to be expected. I’m not going to have a hissy over a paint flaw or an I’ll-fitting panel (not that I wouldn’t address them to the dealer), but what I CAN have is a level of add-ons and technology that mimics the stuff found in my wife’s Beemer. Some of the stuff, like the driving Nannie’s, can be equal to the Beemer in scope and execution, while other things like the media, while being fairly close in capability, will be sadly second rate in presentation. And hey-why shouldn’t I have a heated seat and steering wheel too? This attitude counters those who maintain that spending for the higher trim levels is a waste of money on an economy vehicle. But just because the underpinnings are meager, that doesn’t mean that the comfort and convenience sitting on top of it can’t be just as appreciated and enjoyed as it is in my wife’s BMW. In fact, I would not be willing to spend 50-100K on an actual luxury ride. With today’s technology advances I can get a pretty good taste of the luxury at a fraction of the cost many are willing to pay.

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Someone was going to drive your truck 1100 miles to you?
My brother in-law actually does this for a job now that he's retired. He delivers cars for a dealership, and I was surprised how common it is. He's delivered to Florida from Texas a few times, but most of his deliveries are in state. He drives the new car with a tail car that takes him back after he delivers.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My brother in-law actually does this for a job now that he's retired. He delivers cars for a dealership, and I was surprised how common it is. He's delivered to Florida from Texas a few times, but most of his deliveries are in state. He drives the new car with a tail car that takes him back after he delivers.
Yeah I've had that kind of delivery done myself with dealers 75-100 miles away.. but 1100 miles? I didn't think that was going to be a thing.

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Yeah I've had that kind of delivery done myself with dealers 75-100 miles away.. but 1100 miles? I didn't think that was going to be a thing.
My understanding was the Florida deliveries were for people with a relationship to the dealership somehow. He said it was less about the money and more for comfort and they trusted the dealership. I've heard a lot of complaints about Florida dealerships on this forum, so maybe there is something to it.
Sponsored