Sponsored

Financing % rate lower than 1.9% for 60 months?

bschurman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat, 1961 VW bug
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well what do the credit score have to be to get the 0.9% for 4 or 5 years? ( with Ford financing)
I was looking at 4 but need to know whats the criteria rating?
I believe it was >= 750 to get that rate.
Sponsored

Clark6

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Buick GrandNational 1996 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe it was >= 750 to get that rate.

Ok thanks I don't know which agency they use but one of mine is 794,, the other 804,, can't remember the 3rd...maybe 798 or so... as of recent so I may be good...

bschurman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat, 1961 VW bug
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok thanks I don't know which agency they use but one of mine is 794,, the other 804,, can't remember the 3rd...maybe 798 or so... as of recent so I may be good...
No worries with those numbers. You should have no trouble.

OP
OP
DClink

DClink

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Escape XLS
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wells Fargo 1.84%/72 months minimum $600 down
I stopped by my local Wells Fargo branch yesterday and was told that they don't do auto loans through their branches anymore they only go through dealerships now. Is that what you did? I have excellent credit and a large down payment I just want to try and get my payments and insurance down below $300.00 a month, I plan on making extra payments and not paying the full 5 years, I like to have it this way because you never know when something in life will pop up.

i

Sponsored

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
I gave dealer a check for 500 down on Hybrid XLT 9/8 then when I heard 1.9 offer ending 10/4, I talked to my dealer salesman. Later that day he texted me a screen show I was locked in at 1.9 and that screen shot had a vin # and then texted me with build date 11/8. I can't remember signing anything but they cashed my 500 dollar check. Tracking site showed my window sticker on 11/18 and has not changed yet.

I have stopped by a few times to see my salesman with cookies once and zucchini bread once, just to be nice. He has always been friendly and looked up things on his computer. Told me production date changed. Today (11/23) he said is has been built so next thing is shipping but he had nothing yet.

To date I have gotten ZERO -NONE emails from Ford.

Glad I have a friendly salesperson. Truth will be when truck arrives and we finish the sale. I don't expect any surprises. I did ask once "are we still at MSRP?" he said "yep". He also said if there was a better rate at time of deliver I could get that. My Prius in 2016 was zero %. 1.9% is not a big deal to me since I am financing under 11k.
A "friendly" salesman? That's nice, but I make it a policy not do business with friends.

What do you have in writing?

I hope they don't throw you some curve balls when it's time to settle up.

Good luck and let us know it how it turns out.

Lorenrn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Buick Lesabre
I stopped by my local Wells Fargo branch yesterday and was told that they don't do auto loans through their branches anymore they only go through dealerships now. Is that what you did? I have excellent credit and a large down payment I just want to try and get my payments and insurance down below $300.00 a month, I plan on making extra payments and not paying the full 5 years, I like to have it this way because you never know when something in life will pop up.

i
You are correct…I did go through the dealership for this rate. Again 1.84% for 72 months.

OB1e

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CG LUX XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The 1.24% 65mos at dcu cant be beat. Tesla owners are flocking by the masses to grab that rate. If you need a referral code hmu

My1stFord

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone concerned about this 1.9%/60 month (or 0.9%/48 month) going away prior to vehicle delivery? Dealership told me the rate can't be locked in until a vehicle is delivered. Since I'm looking at a solid 6 month wait at least, I'm a bit leery...
I asked my dealer and he said the rates offered at the time of order are locked in, unless something better is available.

As an aside, the more I hear about other dealers, the more I like mine.

jwilson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PENDING MAV XLT/Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I asked my dealer and he said the rates offered at the time of order are locked in, unless something better is available.

As an aside, the more I hear about other dealers, the more I like mine.
I actually reconfirmed with my dealer. Rates and promo are locked in at time of order as you say. Bit of a relief!

Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sure, the rate would be lower but the terms are also different. That’s usually how it works.
What TERMS are you talking about?

If you mean "Credit Score" then I can see that would be a problem for some.

Our score is over 820 so that will not be an issue for us and I will be taking up Ford's free interest offer of 0% for 36 months and finance $18,000 (after putting down $8068 in cash) over those 3 years for $500 monthly payments.

We have the cash to pay in full but why do that when offered 0%.

Over those three years we will be $184 better in the interest earned (at 0.5%) on that $18,000.

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
What TERMS are you talking about?

If you mean "Credit Score" then I can see that would be a problem for some.

Our score is over 820 so that will not be an issue for us and I will be taking up Ford's free interest offer of 0% for 36 months and finance $18,000 (after putting down $8068 in cash) over those 3 years for $500 monthly payments.

We have the cash to pay in full but why do that when offered 0%.

Over those three years we will be $184 better in the interest earned (at 0.5%) on that $18,000.
The “terms” of a loan are the conditions that must be met on a loan, such as loan repayment period, penalties for late payment, etc.

So, for example, in the “0% interest for 36 months” deal you’re looking at, the rate is the 0% part of it and the 60 months part is one of the terms of the loan.

Credit score had nothing to do with it but I also was never suggesting that anything would be a problem for anyone. I was just pointing out that you can’t compare different loan rates when their durations differ. That makes it an apples to oranges comparison.
Sponsored

Last edited: