First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Santa Cruz doesn't have foglights either. Highlighted in blue are the low beams, and yellow are the high beams.

Screenshot 2021-11-12 081851.jpg
Shows you what I know. I assumed those were fog lights. So all those lights in the grill are just DRL's?
Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At the end of the day - A Fully optioned Lariat / AWD gets up to $36k and now in full effect Vs Santa Cruz- I get it- But to each there own with infotainment/climate control buried in there somewhere, piano black interior (NOPE) high rail sides/20 inch wheels, Maverick aftermarket options +20, trailer brake controller built in- Not sure how the Cruz wins ?
Santa Crud wins because the reviewer is biased against Maverick. There's no way you can say driving a Maverick is like driving a truck and uncomfortable! Maverick is very car-like smooth and very comfortable!

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Santa Crud wins because the reviewer is biased against Maverick. There's no way you can say driving a Maverick is like driving a truck and uncomfortable! Maverick is very car-like smooth and very comfortable!
I didn't catch that in the video, but I would agree - the Maverick drives and handles very well, I would characterize the FX4 suspension as firm but compliant - absorbs bumps extremely well and minimal body roll in turns. It is great as a matter of fact, having owned a few decent vehicles over the years (of 20+ cars/suvs/trucks including a couple of infinitis, a challenger, focus ST) I'd easily put the Maverick in the top 3.

We just rented a convertible mustang last week for a couple days on vacation - that thing felt like a plastic bathtub going over bumps, I could feel the whole car flexing - fun to drive a convertible - but not that fun to actually drive it!

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Shows you what I know. I assumed those were fog lights. So all those lights in the grill are just DRL's?
Yeah, with two brightness levels. When only the DRLs are on, they are very bright and do look pretty cool. When the headlights are on, they are only half brightness accents. Its purely for looks, and maybe safety since it makes the front more visually noticeable.

They make some really slender LED light bars that you could probably add to either the Maverick or Santa Cruz grill air intake area if additional offroading light is needed.

For standard lighting, I believe the base headlights on the Santa Cruz are rated 'poor' and the LED the highest 'good' rating, but that's easily fixed by replacing the base halogen bulbs in the projectors with a cheap HID kit or LEDs which is a "must have" upgrade on low trims of the SC. Mav has standard LED which is nice, but you do have to upgrade to the Lariat just to get really basic DRLs.

The Maverick definitely loses in the brake light department, but you can always add cool sequential LED light strip to the back of the Maverick under the tailgate:
Ford Maverick Finally Maverick vs Santa Cruz side by side in the same video! Capture.JPG

Buyerfind

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Hybrid Lariat,No Deletes,10/5/21 order 11/5/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since you don't have one here's a copy of the Maverick's owner manual.
NOW I have the Buyers ORDER, Paid DEPOSIT, ORDER CONFIRMATION from Ford, and the OWNER'S MANUAL. Now I just need the truck!!

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
NOW I have the Buyers ORDER, Paid DEPOSIT, ORDER CONFIRMATION from Ford, and the OWNER'S MANUAL. Now I just need the truck!!
The owner's manual is to read during the long wait for your Maverick to get built! 😁
Sponsored