First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just confirming that I now have Factory Cruise on my 2022 Maverick XL. Here are the pics. You can see it actually on in the photos I took on the way home today after spending the day over with
Tyvemattis.

He was having a little trouble at first but it now works and everything functions 100% and is probably the best bang for the buck. Its a learning curve and I think he was glad to try it on on my truck too.

Tyvemattis is a really nice guy and I probably could have stayed there bull$hitting with him for another 6 hours. Lucky I live close enough to drive over to him. If he gets this setup going where he mails the laptop and data cable out with instructions to those in need please know he is spot on about what he is doing and this is for real.
I guess I am one of maybe 3 now with factory cruise on the XL Maverick.

Thanks Dude !

cruise.jpg

cruise2.jpg
Could you post exact part numbers for anything you installed, please? I am struggling to sort the parts out.
Sponsored

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've got an escape wheel that should be here in a week or so. My maverick is going into prodcution (hopefully) the week of 1/24. By the time I get it, all of the kinks should be ironed out and i'll have a good set of instructions to be able to follow to get cruise up and running!! Thanks for all your work @Tyvemattis. If I was closer (I'm in TN), I'd bring my hybrid up to let you use it as a guinea pig to make sure everything worked out the same for cruise.

OP
OP
Tyvemattis

Tyvemattis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tyve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've got an escape wheel that should be here in a week or so. My maverick is going into prodcution (hopefully) the week of 1/24. By the time I get it, all of the kinks should be ironed out and i'll have a good set of instructions to be able to follow to get cruise up and running!! Thanks for all your work @Tyvemattis. If I was closer (I'm in TN), I'd bring my hybrid up to let you use it as a guinea pig to make sure everything worked out the same for cruise.
Where at in TN? I've got a buddy i visit pretty often in Cumberland furnace outside of nashville

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Where at in TN? I've got a buddy i visit pretty often in Cumberland furnace outside of nashville
I'm about 2 1/2 from there. I'm SE of Nashville in Sewanee. About halfway b/w Nashville and Chattanooga

Sponsored

houselog442

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
All of the lariat guys that told me I was an idiot for trying this are going to eat their words 😂
it sounds like the real challenge is the software end of this installation. I found the right and the left steering wheel controls on various ford website fairly inexpensive. I even found if you want to replace the steering wheel with a leather wrapped one can find that easily.

OP
OP
Tyvemattis

Tyvemattis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tyve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
it sounds like the real challenge is the software end of this installation. I found the right and the left steering wheel controls on various ford website fairly inexpensive. I even found if you want to replace the steering wheel with a leather wrapped one can find that easily.
If it comes down to it, and you can't figure it out, we can work out a time that I can remote into your computer and make the changes necessary. That goes for anyone that needs help on the technical side.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Edit (January 20): These are confirmed the right part numbers, and are working correctly on my XL hybrid.

OK, for those interested, here are what I think are the correct replacement parts, if you are only replacing the switches. (source: https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/steering/steering-parts-other/steering-wheel-13291447-1) The switch parts are found in "Related Parts."

Ford Maverick Factory cruise control enabled on XL with Forscan and Escape steering wheel LH Switch

Ford Maverick Factory cruise control enabled on XL with Forscan and Escape steering wheel RH Switch

So, PNs SW8579 and SW8576. But don't pay the full price at the site referenced above! At SuperiorFordParts.com, the two of them together come to $72.55 (plus reasonable shipping).

So, I am ordering these, and will hopefully post here in a few days whether it works out. Use at your own risk.

Last edited:

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just confirming that I now have Factory Cruise on my 2022 Maverick XL. Here are the pics. You can see it actually on in the photos I took on the way home today after spending the day over with
Tyvemattis.

He was having a little trouble at first but it now works and everything functions 100% and is probably the best bang for the buck. Its a learning curve and I think he was glad to try it on on my truck too.

Tyvemattis is a really nice guy and I probably could have stayed there bull$hitting with him for another 6 hours. Lucky I live close enough to drive over to him. If he gets this setup going where he mails the laptop and data cable out with instructions to those in need please know he is spot on about what he is doing and this is for real.
I guess I am one of maybe 3 now with factory cruise on the XL Maverick.

Thanks Dude !
Thanks to the both of you, Vespa and Tyvemattis, for leading on this XL hack on a brand new vehicle. Thanks to Tyvemattis for putting all the separate parts, tools, and tech together, and for Vespa to be trusting enough to verify it with him. Two very cool dudes. :cool:

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If it comes down to it, and you can't figure it out, we can work out a time that I can remote into your computer and make the changes necessary. That goes for anyone that needs help on the technical side.
That is generous, thank you. :cool:

Sponsored

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good source of Ford parts diagrams? The Ford parts website stinks and so do all of the dealer sites. I would like in depth parts diagrams. I've never owned a Ford before and I've never had a problem finding really good parts diagrams along with actual full part numbers. Thank you

OP
OP
Tyvemattis

Tyvemattis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tyve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good source of Ford parts diagrams? The Ford parts website stinks and so do all of the dealer sites. I would like in depth parts diagrams. I've never owned a Ford before and I've never had a problem finding really good parts diagrams along with actual full part numbers. Thank you
I think it's too new honestly, I've had a lot of trouble finding anything including some parts.

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
I think it's too new honestly, I've had a lot of trouble finding anything including some parts.
You're probably right, when I bought my FR-S at launch excellent parts diagrams were available right off the bat from Toyota so I guess I was just used to that. I was hoping to acquire parts to get a power lock actuated tailgate lock working but I'll have to wait for better parts diagrams and a factory service manual to become available.

OP
OP
Tyvemattis

Tyvemattis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tyve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You're probably right, when I bought my FR-S at launch excellent parts diagrams were available right off the bat from Toyota so I guess I was just used to that. I was hoping to acquire parts to get a power lock actuated tailgate lock working but I'll have to wait for better parts diagrams and a factory service manual to become available.
I've been trying to figure out heated steering wheel and seats, and there is nothing, even a guy I know that works for Ford can't get them. I was looking into the locking tailgate as well eventually. I figure its probably just easier to take the parts off and track down wires at this point. I'm sure if you pull the plastic cover off the inside of the tailgate, you'll be able to see if there's a wire going to that area.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.