First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I could be wrong but oem manufacturers will not extend the mat under the accelerator anymore, ram had to recall there all weather mats because a pedal got stuck. I don't know if it's a legal issue or liability issue but plenty of Aftermarket vendors do it. I don't know why they couldn't make it go way higher than the peddle so it's not an issue but if I remember the Dodge ones the peddle got stuck on the ridges no the top of mat
About 16 yrs ago my floor mat in my Cougar was stuck under the gas pedal and I was nearly killed.....scariest thing ever! At the time i had no idea of why my accelerator seemed stuck......I had to steer in to a big school yard (no children present at the time) and pull emergency checks brake to make a vdry hard stop. After this, I will always chk mats whenever I drive a car that is not mine. I made a point to tell everyone zi could....even strangers in line at the grocery story for example!
Sponsored

Dturano547

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 Bronco Ranger XLT, 10 Ford Flex
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got the all weather floor mats. They are both sides front and a single piece all the way across in the rear. Under the front all weather mats are the regular carpeted mats but in the rear there are no padded carpet mats under the rubber liner. I’m pretty happy with the liners and they seem to fit well.

80C5FE81-C4B7-4FE4-89F2-1FB839A210BD.jpeg

818E104E-5E2F-4E11-A17F-30CB149A12D3.jpeg

AF5C2331-4BE1-436A-89F2-3C8313929966.jpeg

9E3B5A69-290B-443A-A3A5-78205EDE3B00.jpeg

076E8C27-0148-4CE2-8ABC-6A8E384F9042.jpeg
Until I got my own set, I thought it was one fluid back floor mat... Yes I looked at your image quick otherwise I would have noticed the gap. I only got my Maverick today, I like the look of stock all weather over the weathertech but question if they are more durable.

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Until I got my own set, I thought it was one fluid back floor mat... Yes I looked at your image quick otherwise I would have noticed the gap. I only got my Maverick today, I like the look of stock all weather over the weathertech but question if they are more durable.
I've had the Weathertech mats in several cars in the past and OEM ford all weather mats in my past 3 Fords. The Weathertech mats are a harder plastic, are more slick and can get slippery when wet. The OEM Ford all weather mats are made of a softer plastic material, more like rubber and aren't slippery when wet. The OEM all weather set I have in my Escape have 3-1/2 years on them and are wearing fine. Hardly any wear at all. I prefer the Ford OEM ones over the Weathertech hands down. They look better too IMO.

I ordered a set of the OEM all weather mats even though I don't have my Maverick yet of know when or if I will get it at this point. I figured I better grab a set now as they are becoming back ordered. Cost me $180 for the set and I got them from a seller on Ebay in less than a week. I literally just opened the package to make sure everything was there. Nice quality. I figure if I end up not getting my Maverick, they should be easy to sell to a Maverick owner and I can get my money back.

Reactions: Aza

toeknee80

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got the all weather floor mats. They are both sides front and a single piece all the way across in the rear. Under the front all weather mats are the regular carpeted mats but in the rear there are no padded carpet mats under the rubber liner. I’m pretty happy with the liners and they seem to fit well.

80C5FE81-C4B7-4FE4-89F2-1FB839A210BD.jpeg

818E104E-5E2F-4E11-A17F-30CB149A12D3.jpeg

AF5C2331-4BE1-436A-89F2-3C8313929966.jpeg

9E3B5A69-290B-443A-A3A5-78205EDE3B00.jpeg

076E8C27-0148-4CE2-8ABC-6A8E384F9042.jpeg
Great photos...the mats look awesome. I was between the OEM Ford mats and the new Weathertech HD. I decided on the new Weathertech HD for one main reason... The driver side mat went below the accelerator providing more coverage. I'll just have to use my Ford Pass points for something else now. Thanks for providing the pics so that others can make an informed decision. :)

Side note: The Weathertech HD is a soft rubber, more like the OEM Ford mats. It's not like their original hard slick version that they still currently sell. If you're interested in Weathertech, get the HD version in my opinion. They fit great.

Flight Test

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvettes
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hmm....I'm planning on ordering these with my Ford Points, but I'm a little worried the driver mat doesn't cover the "ramp" under the accelerator.
I chose the Smartliner mats because one thing, they go under the go pedal.

Last edited:

Sponsored

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This video shows the factory mats. They look great!

PaulHeil

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought you were supposed to take out the carpeted mats when putting these down so at least the driver’s could snap into place.
Step 3 of the installation instructions he should have received say "Remove the existing floor mats from the vehicle"
Sponsored