Sponsored

Extended Warranty sold by Granger -- factory, dealership, or a stand alone warranty provider?

jfourman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat/EB/AWD Atlas Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I decided on both Premium Care Extended Service Plan and Premium Maintenance Plan. I expect to have my Lariat for 10+ years with low annual mileage. So I went for the 10 yr/60K service plan and 10 yr/8 services maintenance plan. When comparing my dealer with Flood and Granger, the difference was meaningful. My dealer couldn't come within $500 of the alternatives. Flood offered a $100 credit for buying both plans. I chose Flood. For $2730, I feel the health of my Mav is in the hands of Ford for the next 10 years. Granger and Flood business model depends on large volumes. They get $50 for each contract. If they sell 10 to 1 contracts to my dealer, their profit is comparable.

P.S. I also learned that dealer cost from Ford for the plans varies depending on volume. Flood's retail price was less than the cost for my dealer.
Sponsored

Last edited:

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I've been reading alot of the different threads on here and I see the name Granger come up often. In regards to warranties, is this a dealership or a stand alone warranty provider?
Its a ford warranty saved about a 1000 bucks, you can use your ford points about 200 bucks I checked it shows up on my file when I go for service. Just don't wait to long they go by milage and time, I waited a year and cost me little more. All done on line.

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I decided on both Premium Care Extended Service Plan and Premium Maintenance Plan. I expect to have my Lariat for 10+ years with low annual mileage. So I went for the 10 yr/60K service plan and 10 yr/8 services maintenance plan. When comparing my dealer with Flood and Granger, the difference was meaningful. My dealer couldn't come within $500 of the alternatives. Flood offered a $100 credit for buying both plans. I chose Flood. For $2730, I feel the health of my Mav is in the hands of Ford for the next 10 years. Granger and Flood business model depends on large volumes. They get $50 for each contract. If they sell 10 to 1 contracts to my dealer, their profit is comparable.

P.S. I also learned that dealer cost from Ford for the plans varies depending on volume. Flood's retail price was less than the cost for my dealer.
The dealer I worked for used to double the cost of the plan you chose cost them 1500 they would charge 3000, leaves them some room to negotiate. Big money maker for dealers.

Executech

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Granger, is the monthly payment plan at 0%? I am picking up my Mav tomorrow afternoon. Do I need to wait till then to purchase the ESP?
I would wait until you officially own the vehicle.
Sponsored