Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since others follow the Fleet Distribution News Bulletin posted every Friday on another site; some of the new dates create new questions.

08/25/2022 - 2022MY Last Day to Spec Change
11/11/2022 - 2022MY Balance Out Date
11/14/2022 - 2022MY Balance Out Date (FHEV)

09/15/2022 - 2023MY Order Bank Open Date
09/22/2022 - 2023MY Scheduling Begins
11/14/2022 - 2023MY Job #1 Date

The last day to spec change applies to all orders.
The balance out date for Ecoboost engines is normal and the hybrid date is to ensure all FE's are built.
9-15 to 9-22 will be a busy week while dealers input the pushed 22's (as new 23's with original order dates) with customer emailed private cash offers.
I expect 9-22 will be full of pushed hybrid orders since the previous week to schedule a hybrid was last Friday. Let's see how many high voltage batteries show up during the five week hybrid scheduling hiatus.
I honestly cannot see a new 23 order built this calendar year.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would guess maybe they're leaving room for already scheduled hybrids to likely hit production delays all the way to the November balance out. Less likely with EcoBoosts and any extra capacity they can fill with dealer stock.

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid+Lux in Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would guess maybe they're leaving room for already scheduled hybrids to likely hit production delays all the way to the November balance out. Less likely with EcoBoosts and any extra capacity they can fill with dealer stock.
That is exactly what Iā€™ve been figuring. I said back in July that Ford would cut off the hybrid scheduling to ensure they could build all the ones they had already issued VINs for. It wasnā€™t rocket science to figure that out once you looked at all the people here getting pushed back week after week. As they approach the model year switchover they canā€™t be scheduling vehicles unless they are certain the parts will be available. Clearly with the hybrids they canā€™t be sure of anything.

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since others follow the Fleet Distribution News Bulletin posted every Friday on another site; some of the new dates create new questions.

08/25/2022 - 2022MY Last Day to Spec Change
11/11/2022 - 2022MY Balance Out Date
11/14/2022 - 2022MY Balance Out Date (FHEV)

09/15/2022 - 2023MY Order Bank Open Date
09/22/2022 - 2023MY Scheduling Begins
11/14/2022 - 2023MY Job #1 Date
Thanks very much for posting the dates. I was trying to figure that out back dating stuff from the 11/14 date.

The one thing I would add is that they need that week for dealers to make adjustments to 2022 orders that have unavailable options on them. For example, my hybrid which appears to be rolling over is Velocity Blue which wonā€™t be available for a 2023 order.

You also raise an interesting point. On 11/14 they will have been building nothing but no luxury Eco-boosts for several weeks. They will (hopefully!) have accumulated some level of hybrid parts and be able to start in again on the rollover orders. As an October hybrid order if I want my truck ASAP what is the best strategy? Do I keep a base XLT non-lux hybrid build and hope to get picked up quickly in November or do I switch over to an Eco-boost?

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Especially a 11-15 hybrid FE Lariat Lux order. Wouldn't it be something if a Velocity Blue was the last built 22 since it will be a discontinued color and the first one built.

Sponsored

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As an October hybrid order if I want my truck ASAP what is the best strategy? Do I keep a base XLT non-lux hybrid build and hope to get picked up quickly in November or do I switch over to an Eco-boost?
If you placed your order with a small dealership the possibility of getting an allocation for any Maverick might be slim. A larger dealer will get their share within it's district/region. Long McArthur has averaged 20 the past few months with the reasoning that other dealers in it's area did not have all of their June, July and August orders scheduled. LM has many September, some October and one November (that I know of) hybrid scheduled.

I would ask my dealer if I'm priority 2, how many orders (by date) are earlier than mine and ask if I could switch engines. If you want it ASAP I'd wait til September 14th, order a MY23 on 9-15 and cancel the order if your truck is scheduled before the last MY 22 scheduling date. If Ford is scheduling 5-6 weeks out then the last day to schedule a 22 will be around 10-4.

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you placed your order with a small dealership the possibility of getting an allocation for any Maverick might be slim. A larger dealer will get their share within it's district/region. Long McArthur has averaged 20 the past few months with the reasoning that other dealers in it's area did not have all of their June, July and August orders scheduled. LM has many September, some October and one November (that I know of) hybrid scheduled.

I would ask my dealer if I'm priority 2, how many orders (by date) are earlier than mine and ask if I could switch engines. If you want it ASAP I'd wait til September 14th, order a MY23 on 9-15 and cancel the order if your truck is scheduled before the last MY 22 scheduling date. If Ford is scheduling 5-6 weeks out then the last day to schedule a 22 will be around 10-4.
I have been in priority 2 for a while. I took the lux package off first week of July and I had to explain to the dealer how to get the truck out of priority 2 to make the change. At that time they had other hybrid orders still in front of mine, of course no way to know if those are clean orders or ones with constraints.

Dealer I ordered from isnā€™t tiny but there are bigger dealers in the region like Galpin Ford that is constantly #1 volume Ford dealer in the USA. Hard to tell how the allocation game works here in southern California. Even if there are hybrid parts ready to go in November I might not get scheduled just due to the lack of allocations.

At the moment my plan is to try to get something ASAP with my existing 2022 order and also place a new 2023 order for exactly what I want from Long McArthur. I know the LM order might take 12+ months to deliver which is OK. Hence my question about how to configure that rollover 2022 order to maximize my build chances.

Richfrommo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I played that part back several times to make sure I understood and followed the dates.

Since they are scheduling this week for final week of September if you have a hybrid order and donā€™t have a VIN/build date you arenā€™t getting a 2022.

Also anyone with a luxury package regardless of motor isnā€™t getting a 2022.
Mine is scheduled for build date of 8/15/22 and I have Eco-boost with luxury pkg and co-pilot . Iā€™m hoping it goes thru.

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine is scheduled for build date of 8/15/22 and I have Eco-boost with luxury pkg and co-pilot . Iā€™m hoping it goes thru.
You might be bumped back a bit but you should get built, no worries!

The cutoff only means they aren't scheduling any more luxury package builds. With that built date you were scheduled way before last week. Hopefully you will have a Maverick sometime in September.

Richfrommo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@fordvideoguy : I orderd back in Oct '21 a XLT AWD Ecoboost with lux, copilot 360, FX4, etc. I'm assuming I am one of those customers that will most likely get pushed to a '23 order. I guess the silver lining is now I can order the Tremor package. Any idea what options will be considered a "constraint" when we place our new orders? How long will it take to get our new '23 trucks if we are considered "priority" orders from 2022?
I ordered all most same pkg. as yours & my dealer called a couple weeks ago and said build date was August 15th and he was hoping for delivery middle of September. Hopefully that happens.

Sponsored

iwantmymav

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
What is the timemark where Tim states Hybrid allocations are done for the year?

wardamntexas

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AWD, 4K, Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@fordvideoguy have you heard anything about the notion that if your EB isn't a priority 2 it's not getting built in 22?

Mavforever

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I took delivery 12/8 of a hybrid Lariat and my son placed an order for a hybrid Lariat luxury late Octoberā€¦he got a build date of 8/22ā€¦I told him he should go buy some lotto tickets with that luck ā€¦

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
@fordvideoguy have you heard anything about the notion that if your EB isn't a priority 2 it's not getting built in 22?
No, the priority 2 or 10 isn't a good guide to whether it will be scheduled. If a priority 2 order has Luxury Package and a 10 doesn't a 10 can get scheduled ahead of a 2.

Richfrommo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I played that part back several times to make sure I understood and followed the dates.

Since they are scheduling this week for final week of September if you have a hybrid order and donā€™t have a VIN/build date you arenā€™t getting a 2022.

Also anyone with a luxury package regardless of motor isnā€™t getting a 2022.
My dealer called and my eco-boost is scheduled next week for build with the luxury pkg. He told me hoping for delivery week of Sept. 15th.
Sponsored