Drop in high flow filter?

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
Drove to auto zone for some rainx wiper fluid. Figured I would pull out the air filter and see if they could find an existing drop in that would work for the Maverick. No such luck. Was hoping that the AFE had something off the shelf that would fit. I find it interesting that the filter is stamped “made in Mexico”. Which tells me that it may very well be a new filter that hasn’t seen the aftermarket yet.
I don’t have a part number. I managed to leave my phone at home when I pulled the filter out. Wish I had a pic.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mav

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
The filter per Ford parts site is showing same part number as 2.0L Escape.

K&N equivalent for that is 33-3131, can't find an AFE equivalent unfortunately.
That’s not the part number on the filter. I’ll try to get a pic

OP
OP
Mav

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
Well I'd sure hope it's not the number on your filter.. K&N does not use Ford part numbers, they have their own.
Of course. But if it’s an existing filter, you can usually cross reference to aftermarket offerings. That’s what I’m referring to

JUrban

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Stinger, '14 F-Type, '09 G8 GXP, '22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The K&N 33-3131 fits. Was curious and put one in last week.

Bronco Sport and Escape are all the same part numbers, 1.5L or 2L are the same.

OP
OP
Mav

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
The recent reviews on Amazon of the K&N 33-3131 from Bronco Sport owners sure hype it up. I'd really prefer a dry filter but I guess if this is the only one, seems like folks love it though 🤷‍♂️ Seems like the way to go.

Amazon.com: Customer reviews: K&N Engine Air Filter: High Performance, Premium, Washable, Replacement Filter: Compatible with 2018-2020 FORD (Escape, Focus IV), 33-3131
Just talked to AFE. They weren’t much help. They said they just haven’t had one in yet to take measurements. I even gave them the K&N number to search. The guy that answer the phone was a sales guy. So he didn’t put much effort into seeing if they already had something that would work. He did say there’s a section on their website for vehicles they are looking to test fit on. They also have an area where you can custom make a size

Sponsored

JUrban

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Stinger, '14 F-Type, '09 G8 GXP, '22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Awesome! Is it a worth while mod in your opinion?
I mostly wanted it for the washable/reusable aspect. I already have a big bottle of filter oil from some of my other cars.

Otherwise I didn't notice much besides maybe a little more intake noise, but I wasn't expecting much either.

BMCGC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65/67 Mustang 22 Santa Cruz 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I put Motorcraft filters in my Fusion. Everyone of them was stamped Made in Mexico.
Sponsored