First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 f150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ive had it topped out at 108 on an empty highway. I can tell you that on stock tires and ride hight it feels light at 100+. Almost like hydroplaning but not quite. I wouldn't trust it beyond 108 without lowering and much better tires. 80 to 90 is just fine though.
Sponsored

Mr.Smiles

First Name
Manolito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I have a 2.0 xlt, going over 110 it drives smooth. However, I'll get 17mpg. Driving from Durango, Mexico to McAllen, Texas at 60mph I'll make it on one tank of gas. Averaging 33 mpg. But it does drive really smooth at high speeds. I do have a leveling kit and Toyo AT tires on it.

Hunny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Cyber Orange.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
10K??? My mav order dated 7/30/21 is going in for production NEXT MONDAY!!! Whoop!!!
The production date has changed twice now........currently set for week of 9/19, Next Week! (with arms barely raised in yahoo fashion) ;) I did however look for the window sticker....again.......and today I HAVE ONE!! Arms raised HIGH in yahoo in fashion. LOL Come on Lord! Please MOVE that truck to the production line!! :)

Oh Weld

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 250 , Maverick XL, Maverick XL AWD 4K(ordered)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2.0 L XL going 80+ is smooth as butter baby

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

108 on i75 . smooth.
:LOL::ROFLMAO: That's me, laughing at the very thought of any point along I-75 being described as "smooth."

OK - I realize you are talking about the truck, not the road, but my first reaction was "How the heck could you tell if the truck was 'smooth' if you're driving on I-75 (or I-40, for that matter)?"

Sponsored

rjvandoel

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cruze LT 16, Odyssey EX-L 23, Maverick XLT 23
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have been wondering for awhile what folks experience is with the Maverick over 80 mph. I'm a little ashamed to admit it but I occasionally drive at high speeds. It seems to me, that my Maverick hybrid is not really stable at those speeds. Is it my truck? Am I asking for too much or should I just slow down? Inquiring minds want to know.
There's nothing wrong with testing your vehicle's limits in a safe area. By safe I mean relatively. There's very little actual places you could engage in those speed tests to my knowledge so by safe I mean a rather empty area of interstate while your doing some traveling and there's little to no traffic around you.

I've gotten all my vehicle's up to 100+ once just to experience it and see how the vehicle reacts. There was only one time when I was young and dumb did I just go stupid fast in a Tarus. I got up to about 120+ but the car was never the same after that. Transmission issues.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I see big pickups pulling cabin cruisers and large campers. Sure maybe the truck can pull them that fast, but trailer tires are not made for sustained high speeds, and a strong cross wind has the potential to push a trailer or boat on a trailer to the point the driver loses control. People that drive at high speed with large trailers/loads attached are just reckless fools.
Not to mention that MOST trailer tires (LT) are only rated for 65 mph continuous speeds. Google "china bombs" for all the horror stories from people who buy those low-speed tires, then run them all day at 75+ mph, only to have blow-out after blow-out, then blame the poor quality of the tires... I had those "cheap" tires on a travel trailer, and we had zero issues towing for thousands of miles staying at or below 65 mph.
Sponsored