First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sonata Hybrid, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've searched this forum for a concise description of this feature, included with the CP360 option, and have been unable to find one. The manual's description is rather anemic:
Ford Maverick Driver alert system - what does it do? Screenshot_20230322-062003

What exactly are "other factors" and what exactly is that little opening indicated by the arrow? Because of the robust driver assist features on my 2020 Sonata Hybrid, getting CP360 was the no-brainer choice for my Maverick. But what do I have to do wrong to activate the Driver Alert system?
Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The arrow is pointed to the forward looking camera at the top of the windshield. Basically it's something like if it detects you're wandering a lot between/crossing over the road markings it will pop up an alert on the instrument cluster.

OP
OP
7Litre

7Litre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sonata Hybrid, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The arrow is pointed to the forward looking camera at the top of the windshield. Basically it's something like if it detects you're wandering a lot between/crossing over the road markings it will pop up an alert on the instrument cluster.
You are correct, I wasn't paying attention to the picture I added. So let's talk about this picture instead:
Ford Maverick Driver alert system - what does it do? PXL_20230322_130232969

The interior side of the windshield where the camera is housed has this little lens on the driver's side. I've seen it referred to somewhere as a part of Driver Alert system. Can anyone confirm this?

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wouldn't get too worried. Not videoing you to send to Big Brother LOL. Not checking your eyes to see if they blink or close, etc. If you get worried, put a piece of tape across it. Hope problem solved. Seriously, mine has caught me not paying attention and drifting off to the side and the warning works great.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You are correct, I wasn't paying attention to the picture I added. So let's talk about this picture instead:
PXL_20230322_130232969.jpg

The interior side of the windshield where the camera is housed has this little lens on the driver's side. I've seen it referred to somewhere as a part of Driver Alert system. Can anyone confirm this?
Humidity and temp sensor.

Driver alert can be configured and disabled in the driver's instrument panel menu. Tin foil hats cost extra.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I believe that button is the temperature sensor.
[Just realized @colini beat me to it.]
Sponsored