Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I had the day off today and I was driving to a park. A Lexus SUV comes up behind me. It was a white guy in his,I'd say 60's or 70's. (a reason why I mention race). As I'm looking at him in my review mirror I was like WTF??? At first glance It looked like his toupee had fallen off and landed on top of his steering wheel. Looked like a grey or light blonde ball of hair. After a couple seconds though it started to move and I realized what it was. The guy was driving with a little light tan poodle looking dog. The dog was jumping around in the guys lap and at times the dog was standing on it's hind legs with it's paws on top of the steering wheel. It pisses me off when I see people driving with dogs in thier laps or they are hanging on to the dog or dogs with thier left arm and have one hand on the steering wheel. One time I kid you not, I came up behind a guy that had a full grown big golden retriever in his lap. The dog was so big that it's head was taller than the driver while sitting in his lap and the guy had his arms around the dog to hold the steering wheel and he was looking around the left side of the dog just to see where he was driving.

Don't be that person. That person that says "oh it can't happen to me" or "it always happens to someone else" as you drive with a cell phone up to your ear or text and drive or hold a dog in your lap.

Because it CAN happen. And if it does it changes not only someone else's lives but also your own. You kill or maim someone and not only do you have that on your conscience, but you may be sued for wrongful death or for medical costs by the victim's family members.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The car is the most dangerous place people go every day. Slow down, pay attention, get off your fucking phones. I am sorry to hear about the people you lost.

Old Ford Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid Lariat ; 2016 Linc Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had the day off today and I was driving to a park. A Lexus SUV comes up behind me. It was a white guy in his,I'd say 60's or 70's. (a reason why I mention race). As I'm looking at him in my review mirror I was like WTF??? At first glance It looked like his toupee had fallen off and landed on top of his steering wheel. Looked like a grey or light blonde ball of hair. After a couple seconds though it started to move and I realized what it was. The guy was driving with a little light tan poodle looking dog. The dog was jumping around in the guys lap and at times the dog was standing on it's hind legs with it's paws on top of the steering wheel. It pisses me off when I see people driving with dogs in thier laps or they are hanging on to the dog or dogs with thier left arm and have one hand on the steering wheel. One time I kid you not, I came up behind a guy that had a full grown big golden retriever in his lap. The dog was so big that it's head was taller than the driver while sitting in his lap and the guy had his arms around the dog to hold the steering wheel and he was looking around the left side of the dog just to see where he was driving.

Don't be that person. That person that says "oh it can't happen to me" or "it always happens to someone else" as you drive with a cell phone up to your ear or text and drive or hold a dog in your lap.

Because it CAN happen. And if it does it changes not only someone else's lives but also your own. You kill or maim someone and not only do you have that on your conscience, but you may be sued for wrongful death or for medical costs by the victim's family members. happened to me. Twice.

It happened to me twice but I was the victim.

In 2001, My 34 year old sister was killed when some jerk ran a stop sign not paying attention, ran into the side of a tractor trailer, and caused the truck to swerve into the other lane and head on to my sisters car. She died probably instantly as her car was crushed. A couple weeks later a 19 year old girl slowed down to make a left hand turn at the same intersection and a full size van that was following too close and not paying attention, rear ended her pickup and pushed her into oncoming traffic in the next lane and she was also killed.

In 2005 my 16 year old son was killed crossing the street by a couple of dirt bags. The driver was driving on a suspended license and had ignored 3 court orders to appear in court. Probably on his cell phone most likely as him and his cousin were cruising around the area (they didn't live there) and making drug drop offs to thier dope head customers. He was my only child. So at this point in my late 50's I'm too old to have more kids, I will never be a grandparent, and my branch of the ancestral tree dead ends. It's something I have to live with every day.

So yeah next time you may think of doing something like making a cell phone call while driving because "you're just going down to the store to get some milk" or you let Fido ride in your lap because he hasn't been trained to sit in the back seat and behave, don't think it can't happen to you. it can happen in a second.
so sorry for your loss, if only more people would be more aware of the consequences of 'careless' driving we would all be better off.

joestruck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seeing drivers act carelessly is really worrisome, more so when it's about the safety of animals and humans. It makes you remember that driving needs one to pay complete attention and be fully responsible. Distractions, coming from our mobiles or pets, can lead to severe and permanent outcomes. We should all promise to concentrate on driving instead of doing things that might risk people's safety. Safety should always be our top priority when behind the wheel.

Sponsored

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Because it CAN happen. And if it does it changes not only someone else's lives but also your own. You kill or maim someone and not only do you have that on your conscience, but you may be sued for wrongful death or for medical costs by the victim's family members.
OK no dog, but what about a cat or a ferret?

Jeff D.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat & Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OK no dog, but what about a cat or a ferret?
No, cats are not alright! :mad:

Ferrets though, and weasels too, they are A-ok.(y)

Stinky, but ok. ;)

AlsMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat FX4 w/4k Tow Build Date 12/5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No old white guys.

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Driving with a groundhog is acceptable if you're teaching them how to drive. "You gotta check your mirrors. Side of your eye, side of your eye."

OP
OP
BlueSnake77

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yeah okay. Don't take me serious. I had more on my post that I deleted because it was personal. My son and my sister were killed by distracted drivers. I know most people will ignore what I say because they think it happens "to the other guy". I heard about other people losing thier child or relatives but never thought it would happen to me, but it did. You hear this bull crap about guns and how dangerous they are but you are 1000X's more apt to die in a car accident than be shot by someone with a gun (unless you live in a very high crime area). It's getting worse and worse. More aggressive and distracted drivers on the roads today. Most people suck at driving from my observation. I see people in front of me all the time weaving like drunks. They drift over onto the shoulder of the roads like they can't keep thier car straight between the lines. People driving around in the dark/heavy rain with no headlights on, etc. I'd say maybe 3 out of 10 drivers actually have competent driving skills.

Sponsored

Jeff D.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat & Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Jim, I apologize for my part in making jokes in this thread after you had shared your story. Wasn't cool on my part.

I am sorry for your loss, too.

OP
OP
BlueSnake77

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I didn't take it personally so no problem. It is crazy how stuff happens. My sister was coming up on a 4 way intersection and a truck was coming the opposite way on the same road. Just as my sister's car and the truck were approaching the intersection towards each other, some tard blew through the stop sign from the intersecting road, hit the side of the truck and caused it to swerve head on into my sister's car. Literally like 5 seconds would have made a difference. If the driver that ran the stop sign would have been 5 seconds further away, my sisters car and the truck would have been past the intersection and the driver would have just blown through the stop sign and not hit anybody.
Yeah I was feeling a little riled when I made the post. Probably shouldn't have. Tired of seeing idiot drivers driving with dogs on thier laps and agressive drivers period. They act so Fkn agressive all the time like they got something to prove. Always in a hurry to cut you off and they just HAVE to get in front of you no matter what. You could be doing 100 mph and some assclown would feel they have to be in front of you. Drivers act like they are a doctor making an urgent house call speeding to save a dying patient or something.

Admin can delete this post.
Sponsored