First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford just emailed me an update email. Basically we are sorry it’s taking a little longer to build. It had an order ID at the top. TO1J. Does that reference anything?
Sponsored

Thundercougarfalconbird

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No - each dealership can decide how they want to assign their 4-digit codes internally. Sometimes it's the salesperson's initials and how many cars they told that year, sometimes it's just a letter and a date code, sometimes it's something no one can seem to understand outside of the dealership. It's all up to them and just for tracking at their level.

OP
OP
Bigfoot23

Bigfoot23

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No - each dealership can decide how they want to assign their 4-digit codes internally. Sometimes it's the salesperson's initials and how many cars they told that year, sometimes it's just a letter and a date code, sometimes it's something no one can seem to understand outside of the dealership. It's all up to them and just for tracking at their level.
Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it!

Kagiso

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've been trying to track my order entering the Order ID in the Order Number field, because I haven't been able to find an Order Number. It's not working. Us the a separate Order Number? Where will I find it? 🤔

Thundercougarfalconbird

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've been trying to track my order entering the Order ID in the Order Number field, because I haven't been able to find an Order Number. It's not working. Us the a separate Order Number? Where will I find it? 🤔
Your dealer should have provided an order preview, where it might be labelled "Order Code". It should be 4 digits/letters. It is also in the first email you recieved from Ford confirming your order (assuming your dealer did not have all emails sent to them instead).

What do you mean by tracking? You can't use the Ford tracker until you're scheduled/assigned a VIN. Prior to that, you can only call Ford with your order ID to request the status of it (i.e., confirm there is an order in place and that's it's "clean" or ready to be scheduled at some point but no date has been given yet).

Sponsored

Numbers234

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just Ordered a Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford just emailed me an update email. Basically we are sorry it’s taking a little longer to build. It had an order ID at the top. TO1J. Does that reference anything?
I ordered an xlt hybrid with a hitch in July 2023 and got that same email this week with an order number.

I'm keeping the email in case I need it, but until I get a vin, I'm not placing a large significance on the order number.

Kagiso

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your dealer should have provided an order preview, where it might be labelled "Order Code". It should be 4 digits/letters. It is also in the first email you recieved from Ford confirming your order (assuming your dealer did not have all emails sent to them instead).

What do you mean by tracking? You can't use the Ford tracker until you're scheduled/assigned a VIN. Prior to that, you can only call Ford with your order ID to request the status of it (i.e., confirm there is an order in place and that's it's "clean" or ready to be scheduled at some point but no date has been given yet).
Hey. Thanks. I was provided the code/ID with my order. And, I was provided my VIN when my Mav was scheduled for production week of Oct 16. I haven't received email notification of any change to my production date, so I expected to hear good news from Ford this week. Meanwhile, for weeks leading up to my production date, I've tried numerous times on various devices to log into order tracking using the code/ID & VIN. I click 'not a robot," 'track.' Nothing happens. Click track button again & I get 'timed out, refresh page.' Because the order code/ID field is named "Order Number,' I thought perhaps their was a "number" other than the code/ID. You've answered that question. Week of Oct 16 has come & gone with no word from Ford, so I don't know if my truck was built. And, for some reason, order tracking doesn't work. (I checked & triple checked to make sure I'm entering the correct code & VIN.) I dunno... 🤷🏼‍♂️

Ford Maverick Does the order ID. Mean anything? Screenshot_20231021-094139~2

AwHeck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey. Thanks. I was provided the code/ID with my order. And, I was provided my VIN when my Mav was scheduled for production week of Oct 16. I haven't received email notification of any change to my production date, so I expected to hear good news from Ford this week. Meanwhile, for weeks leading up to my production date, I've tried numerous times on various devices to log into order tracking using the code/ID & VIN. I click 'not a robot," 'track.' Nothing happens. Click track button again & I get 'timed out, refresh page.' Because the order code/ID field is named "Order Number,' I thought perhaps their was a "number" other than the code/ID. You've answered that question. Week of Oct 16 has come & gone with no word from Ford, so I don't know if my truck was built. And, for some reason, order tracking doesn't work. (I checked & triple checked to make sure I'm entering the correct code & VIN.) I dunno... 🤷🏼‍♂️

Screenshot_20231021-094139~2.png
I had the same problem on my computer but tried it on my iPad and it worked. I sometimes have trouble that may be due to my browser. Whatever it is I was glad to see that it did show my order.

Kagiso

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had the same problem on my computer but tried it on my iPad and it worked. I sometimes have trouble that may be due to my browser. Whatever it is I was glad to see that it did show my order.
Thanks, Ryan. It's helpful to know that I'm not the only one who's had trouble. Encouraging to know you got in on one device. I'll try different browsers. Onward...

Thundercougarfalconbird

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I sometimes get the same issue and it usually works after a refresh in Chrome. Haven't tried in other browsers.

Sponsored

Daemoss

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Meanwhile, for weeks leading up to my production date, I've tried numerous times on various devices to log into order tracking using the code/ID & VIN. I click 'not a robot," 'track.' Nothing happens. Click track button again & I get 'timed out, refresh page.' 🤷🏼‍♂️

Screenshot_20231021-094139~2.png
Common issue. Try opening an incognito window in your browser and enter your information there. It should go through.

Kagiso

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Common issue. Try opening an incognito window in your browser and enter your information there. It should go through.
Thanks. Didn't work. But I kept trying & it finally worked in Edge (🤷🏼‍♂️?). Good news: She IS in production right now "can take a few days." 😊
Sponsored