Sponsored

Does Maverick remind anyone else of Scion?

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What sank Saturn was diluting the brand with multi badged GM offerings infiltrating into Saturn instead of leaving it a seperate company inside of GM. GM created Saturn, then destroyed it themselves from the inside out. GM did the same thing with SAAB automobiles. Thank God that Scania trucks, and SAAB aerospace were not part of that deal, or GM woulda done something stupid and killed those too. They killed SAAB with typical GM badge engineering. Great job GM.
That was at the end as Saturn was already doomed. In the beginning they created the SL-1 with a manual transmission got nearly 50 miles per gallon - that was in 1990 - No haggle pricing, brand loyalty, team concept of building where there was accountability, Saturn developed the first GM electric the EV-1 - So dumb to destroy this whole model/ concept but that is what happens when you buck the system. Reminds me of Ford and the " "allocation system" with dealers trying to charge 12K over MSRP - Ford is creating new vehicles but their dealer "system" is from the 50's and needs to be fixed.
Sponsored

Veer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
veer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I drove Kia Soul before. When ordering, I compared the interior of both, about the same space and seating position. I thought, it will be similar, I will gain the bed. After getting the truck, the interior volume is similar, but I can't believe how boxy the hood is when looking out from driver seat. Most of the cars/SUV I drove, can't even see the hood. And I am able to see even the tail pipe of car in front of me, when I stop behind. This hood seems to slop up when looking from driver seat. I am sure I will get used to it.

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A good friend of mine has an Element. I have ridden in it several times and found it cramped and uncomfortable. NO comparison whatsoever between Element and Maverick on the interior experience.
Well, keep in mind that Element is at least eleven years old at this point. I considered buying it as a work vehicle but once again it was the age plus miles just not giving me enough of a price break versus a new Maverick.

I know. I'm an asshole who's doing this for strictly business reasons and not letting emotions get into it.

Ford Maverick Does Maverick remind anyone else of Scion? Screen-shot-2013-07-22-at-3.40.10-PM

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Stealerships hated the Saturn business model, and the old guard at GM executed the brand after Roger Smith retired. No new products, no brand loyalty to remain.
There are still quite a few Saturns on the road. When was the last one made, over 10 years?
Sponsored