Does Ford monitor this forum?

seamonkey

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
I have some initial feedback on my 2 month old XL, standard option package, 2.0L eco boost.

1. the owner’s manual is poorly written. Some items don’t tell you how to use them, merely describe them.

2,. why put a assenger assist handle above the passenger door, but nothing on the driver’s door?! My preference is to integrate handles for both doors into the A pillars.

3. the ride is acceptable, but a bit too truck-like. Could they oftennit up a bit?

4. I outdone gladly trade a couple gizmos on the standard option package for some traditional functions, such as power driver seat and electricity controlled side mirrors.

5. The driver’s window controls are hard to reach and the buttons stiff to work.

6. I like the AC. The controls are easy to use and it blows nice and hard.

7. What is the gizmo below and to the left of the instrument cluster? Has something to do with the headlights but I can’t find any reference to it in the (poorly written) manual.

Overall, I’m really enjoying the Maverick. It’s basically transportation to and from dialysis, about 4 miles round trip, so I won’t put on 3000 miles a year.
Sponsored

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There seems to be a ford monitor on sight. He/she comes out of the shadows occasionally, a bit like messages from a ford dealership or ford itself!!!! What you see is what you get, or, perhaps more like what you do not see or do not get.!! :rolleyes:

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have some initial feedback on my 2 month old XL, standard option package, 2.0L eco boost.

1. the owner’s manual is poorly written. Some items don’t tell you how to use them, merely describe them.

2,. why put a assenger assist handle above the passenger door, but nothing on the driver’s door?! My preference is to integrate handles for both doors into the A pillars.

3. the ride is acceptable, but a bit too truck-like. Could they oftennit up a bit?

4. I outdone gladly trade a couple gizmos on the standard option package for some traditional functions, such as power driver seat and electricity controlled side mirrors.

5. The driver’s window controls are hard to reach and the buttons stiff to work.

6. I like the AC. The controls are easy to use and it blows nice and hard.

7. What is the gizmo below and to the left of the instrument cluster? Has something to do with the headlights but I can’t find any reference to it in the (poorly written) manual.

Overall, I’m really enjoying the Maverick. It’s basically transportation to and from dialysis, about 4 miles round trip, so I won’t put on 3000 miles a year.

1. I expect they will iron that out over several model years.

2. With a higher up vehicle, I think it is more of a need, assuming you would like it for mobility getting in ?

3. It already rides softer than a body on frame truck. It is a truck. Make sure your tires are at the proper inflation levels, most leave the dealer overinflated, that may help with your ride.

4. Probably won't happen, it is a budget vehicle, they want you stepping up trims to get that stuff. ( most of the Gizmos, like having a touch screen stereo, are probably cheaper to add than you think )

5. I agree they are a bit further forward than I like, but I associate that with having driven a different vehicle the last 16 years.

6. AC really is great! ( I live in South Texas, it runs a lot haha)

7. Page 93

Ford Maverick Does Ford monitor this forum? 1655006187124

OP
OP

seamonkey

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
1. I expect they will iron that out over several model years.

2. With a higher up vehicle, I think it is more of a need, assuming you would like it for mobility getting in ?

3. It already rides softer than a body on frame truck. It is a truck. Make sure your tires are at the proper inflation levels, most leave the dealer overinflated, that may help with your ride.

4. Probably won't happen, it is a budget vehicle, they want you stepping up trims to get that stuff. ( most of the Gizmos, like having a touch screen stereo, are probably cheaper to add than you think )

5. I agree they are a bit further forward than I like, but I associate that with having driven a different vehicle the last 16 years.

6. AC really is great! ( I live in South Texas, it runs a lot haha)

7. Page 93

1655006187124.png
Thanks for the feedback.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1. Let me know when you figure out how the Interior Sensors mentioned on page 85 work.
Hint: They don't exist, on any trim level or addon.

2. Driver holds on to the steering wheel. I had one of those on my Sport Trac and never used it, wondered why it was there.

Ford Maverick Does Ford monitor this forum? Screenshot_20220611-231847~2

Last edited:

Sponsored

Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Most vehicles I've been in don't have a handle on the drivers side, I think it's because there's a steering wheel to grab.

Enchalada

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If FOMOCO is monitoring this forum they are really doing much. Just saying. Doubt they really care about resolving these problems.

OP
OP

seamonkey

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Most vehicles I've been in don't have a handle on the drivers side, I think it's because there's a steering wheel to grab.
My old Escape had handles on both pillars.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If FOMOCO is monitoring this forum they are really doing much. Just saying. Doubt they really care about resolving these problems.
If someone from ford is reading this forum rest assured it is a source of amusement.

Employees take turns reading complaints and laughing to one another.

Common reply to one another OH he/she is such a Karen.....lol

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My old Escape had handles on both pillars.
As does my Fusion. It is one of the things I will miss.
I suspect the holes in the roof metal are there, to support right hand drive models.
My ’20 Escape doesn’t have a driver’s handle, but Kuga (Europe Escape) models have all 4. This is why I think it is there. The problem is the headliner doesn’t have indents, but might be able to ‘force’ it.
Sponsored