Sponsored

Does anyone know the specs for the tailgate line screws?

Cyberwiz64

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL Atlas Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are 8 screws that secure the liner to the inside tailgate. I managed to snap one. I called Ford and you cannot buy them individually they are part of a hardware kit for $23.00. I only need one screw and wanted to pickup the screw locally. I know it's a small Torx screw. Does anyone have the specs? I have the truck with me but I don't have any Torx bits in my tool kit to pull one. Thank you.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Cyberwiz64

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My BY23 came with the DIBL and it appears the factory screws did not have a built in washer. It looks like the factory screws for the SIBL have a washer as part of the screw assembly. Attached is a picture of my friend's BY22 Maverick. He has the SIBL and his tailgate screws have washers. Does anyone know the 8 screws with washers can be purchased without the whole hardware kit?

Ford Maverick Does anyone know the specs for the tailgate line screws? IMG-20230808-190958-01

Joelunchbox

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My '23 truck came with no bed liner. It has the washer head screws which are sheet metal type not machine screws. I'm sure the screw is metric, but it is very similar to #8 size in diameter, 3/4" long, approximately 20 threads per inch, so finer thread than a standard #8 screw. T25 head. Long story short, you probably won't find anything local.

I ordered the tailgate liner from Ford. The outer four holes in the liner were so big that even the washer heads weren't big enough. So far I haven't had any luck finding #8 black fender washers to fix the issue. The liner didn't come with a hardware kit, but my guess is that the kit is just the 8 screws.

RedRider

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion, 2023 Maverick on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Isn't it an M6 screw? There is nothing on the vehicle that is non-metric, so your measurement in English screw sizes are not going to work.

OP
OP

Cyberwiz64

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually the hardware kit contains the DIBL kit contains the screws with the L brackets. That's what the parts guy told me. It should contain plastic "cups" for the DIBL

Sponsored

fordlover3874

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are 8 screws that secure the liner to the inside tailgate. I managed to snap one. I called Ford and you cannot buy them individually they are part of a hardware kit for $23.00. I only need one screw and wanted to pickup the screw locally. I know it's a small Torx screw. Does anyone have the specs? I have the truck with me but I don't have any Torx bits in my tool kit to pull one. Thank you.
Do you happen to know the part number to the DIBL screws? I bought a used DIBL from someone but they didn't include the tailgate screws, only the cups, and my screws with the washers don't fit inside them. I saw the part number on the bag is NZ6J-9928546-CB but that doesn't pull up anything on the parts websites. When I entered it on parts.ford.com, it changed the part number to NZ6Z-99000A25-D, so I ordered it. But it is the parts for the cargo management system, not the tailgate. I am thinking it might be NZ6Z-99000A25-B but I am not sure.

Robin not Batman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you happen to know the part number to the DIBL screws? I bought a used DIBL from someone but they didn't include the tailgate screws, only the cups, and my screws with the washers don't fit inside them. I saw the part number on the bag is NZ6J-9928546-CB but that doesn't pull up anything on the parts websites. When I entered it on parts.ford.com, it changed the part number to NZ6Z-99000A25-D, so I ordered it. But it is the parts for the cargo management system, not the tailgate. I am thinking it might be NZ6Z-99000A25-B but I am not sure.
I think you're right about the NZ6Z-99000A25-B but also not sure. None of my nearby dealers had it listed for sale but I emailed my local dealer to ask if they're able to get it in stock for purchase. If I do end up getting it, I'll post a pic of whatever it turns out to be. Likely to be a couple weeks though since I'm about to be traveling.

(I bought a used 2023 Mav a couple weeks ago. It has a DIBL but the tailgate liner part has half the screws not fastened in - I think the original owner may have gotten the kit with missing hardware and decided to just make do.)

Last edited:

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Take one out and take it to Home Depot or Lowe's or whatever....