Disposable bed mat from Harbor Freight foam tiles

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

wouldn't or didn't that mat want to fly out of the bed when it was empty? I have one of those mats in my garage and it is light as a feather. If I hit it with the leaf blower it flies off the ground.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

tpr2

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2023 XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interesting looks like we had the same idea. Just got my Mav last week and figured I had to do something about covering the bed. I got two packs of them actually and cut it to size as best I could!
Ford Maverick Disposable bed mat from Harbor Freight foam tiles IMG_1340

As far as keeping it from flying out I glued the whole thing together with gorilla glue, and then looped a zip tie through the fasteners toward the cab. I also put 3M double sided tape on the two back tiles. I got going up to 85 with no issues of it flying out yet!

pawalsh610

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Maverick 1st Edition Lariat, Mazda 2
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dumping gravel in there from the garden store. Probably would have been fine without it, but just trying to baby my new purchase.

Also gave me an excuse to get outside and work on a quick little project.
Caring loads of gravel, dirt, mulch, etc. is what sets a pickup bed apart from an SUV. A trick I have been using for years is to line the bed with a large tarp before the loose load goes in. The tarp helps to unload the last of the loose stuff and can be used to wrap the top when it is loose stuff like leaves.
Sponsored