Eklipse

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I haven't found a bed mat that I like enough to buy, so I jerry-rigged this out of a set of cheap Harbor Freight foam tiles (HF 4 piece foam mat set).

I have no illusions of it lasting long term, but it worked for me in a pinch yesterday.

Ford Maverick Disposable bed mat from Harbor Freight foam tiles IMG_1768
Sponsored

Last edited:

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You have a spray in bed liner, what are you protecting? Did you have something in there that you didn't want the liner to scratch? Those spray in liners are bullet proof (literally!) you don't need to baby them at all.

OP
OP
Eklipse

Eklipse

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You have a spray in bed liner, what are you protecting? Did you have something in there that you didn't want the liner to scratch? Those spray in liners are bullet proof (literally!) you don't need to baby them at all.
Dumping gravel in there from the garden store. Probably would have been fine without it, but just trying to baby my new purchase.

Also gave me an excuse to get outside and work on a quick little project.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
I haven't found a bed mat that I like enough to buy, so I jerry-rigged this out of a set of cheap Harbor Freight foam tiles (HF 4 piece foam mat set).

I have no illusions of it lasting long tern, but it worked for me in a pinch yesterday.

IMG_1768.jpg
I commend you for your use of duct tape, an essential tool no matter the job or circumstance.

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can't be to careful . Good for you .

Sponsored

boe757

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150, camry,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dumping gravel in there from the garden store. Probably would have been fine without it, but just trying to baby my new purchase.

after you haul the gravel
Ford Maverick Disposable bed mat from Harbor Freight foam tiles 1656102496247

DonkeyJohn

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver w/ 2.0 EB, splash guards
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went the Tractot Supply "stall matt" route-3/4" thick rubber, pebbled surface, 4'x6'-$54.00. Cut to fit bed, drop off installed on tailgate to maintain consistent loading height when open, and for non-slip surface. 2 months in, so far so good.

SiGmA_X

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I can't fault you for wanting to protect your bed, but you don't need to. My moms neighbor has a ~2009 Dodge 2500 with linex and he uses it like a truck hauling all sorts of stuff (it's not a status symbol, its a work truck), and the linex looks great. Same with a couple of friends trucks, but this one has the most miles (275k+) and hardest use of any of my friends.
I went the Tractot Supply "stall matt" route-3/4" thick rubber, pebbled surface, 4'x6'-$54.00. Cut to fit bed, drop off installed on tailgate to maintain consistent loading height when open, and for non-slip surface. 2 months in, so far so good.
These are great as workbench standing mats, we have one at the shop and it's done great with oil spills and whatnot too.

Sponsored

Fitzovich

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I added a rubber mat on top of my SIBL mostly for my knees when I have to climb into the truck bed. Had a 98 Ranger with a DIBL and a bed mat for the same reason. When I haul anything like a lawnmower or mulch I will add a couple of tarps just for the ease of clean up afterwards.

abcinv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Tundra DBL Cab Limited 4WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can you share how you attached the piece to the tailgate?

Fubar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata (NC), Maverick (Hybrid XLT)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

What did you use to secure the cutoff to your tailgate? I really want to make sure I protect it as well.

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs