First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So got a weird personal preference thing: I have a fx4 awd and it has physical gauges and then right next to the physical gauges has the Speedo display numerically. I feel like thats extra visual clutter and ultimately quite useless considering I have a full size, well lit speedo gauge directly next to it. If i turn on cruise control i have the same speed reading in 3 spots within the space of 6 inches.

Do we have an indepth enough dive yet of the Forscan IPC options, either asbuilt or the ez-read sytle, that could just disappear that?

My only guesses from a cursory search in the EZ mode are "Configure My Gauges" (default disabled), maybe gives a menu to do so? or "Digital Speedometer Configuration" (default enabled). I can give both a shot later today but wondering if my forum-search-fu is rusty or if i am the only weirdo who doesn't like digital speedos.
Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is the first vehicle Iā€™ve had that for whatever reason I do like the digital display. I think it has to do with the way it displays and moves up or down. It seems to be less spastic then once in the past.

Shirt answer: I like having it displayed.

OP
OP
Girugamesh

Girugamesh

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is the first vehicle Iā€™ve had that for whatever reason I do like the digital display. I think it has to do with the way it displays and moves up or down. It seems to be less spastic then once in the past.

Shirt answer: I like having it displayed.
I dont dislike how it looks, and it is integrated nicely based on which screen is displayed and if lane keep is on. Pretty neat actually.

Seems like one or the other is one too many speedo readouts. Its all by wire digital anyways these days so theyre effectively the same. Was hoping for a nifty way to just have it not be there.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can change the screen settings and as I recall there was one where it is much smaller. Donā€™t recall which one, but you might find one that suits you better.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I went into Canada this Spring, I loved having the digital readout in km/hr.

Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD šŸ˜‰
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can change the screen settings and as I recall there was one where it is much smaller. Donā€™t recall which one, but you might find one that suits you better.
Turning on Lane Keeping System, if equipped, moves the digital speed display to the side of the bottom half. The LKS graphic fills in the middle with a graphic of a road, where the lane lines indicate whether it sees the lane lines or not, and whether it thinks you're straying out of your lane.

That feature requires the lower level Co-Pilot360 add-on, and is activated by the button on the end of the wiper stalk.

OP
OP
Girugamesh

Girugamesh

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Turning on Lane Keeping System, if equipped, moves the digital speed display to the side of the bottom half. The LKS graphic fills in the middle with a graphic of a road, where the lane lines indicate whether it sees the lane lines or not, and whether it thinks you're straying out of your lane.

That feature requires the lower level Co-Pilot360 add-on, and is activated by the button on the end of the wiper stalk.
Yup works great, if a little wonk on a snowy road.

OP
OP
Girugamesh

Girugamesh

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got around to trying both of my ideas and both did nothing noticable, no additional menus or otherwise. Probably hard coded into the screen's layout or theme, likely to integrate smoothly into the animations of Calm/Lanekeep/TSR etc
Sponsored