Random

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Maverick Hybrid FE Lux & ‘11Toyota Sienna XLE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have verified with the Ford parts department that the battery in the Hybrid, BXT-99RT4-A is not AGM. Also it does not say AGM on the battery anywhere. They did say that the non Hybrid EcoBoost battery is different and is AGM.
I'll be curious if this fixes your issue long term. Mine didn't start doing this until after about 5 months of driving. It still does this every day now. Hoping they can figure it out when the airbag recall is done.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/interior-lighting-when-door-opens.17877/

Also, it may be good to add an edit to your post that it is not AGM.
Sponsored

dhill59

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2014 MX5 Club
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My hybrid has the same issue. I tried charging the 12V battery with an external charger and the problem "goes away" for several days - I totally believe the issue could be the 12V battery.

GyroGearloose

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I received my hybrid in mid-late April and no problems so far. I have been monitoring my battery which is usually at 12.4 at resting state. I know low voltage can cause many problems with the electronics. After reading several threads on this forum, between bad connector, battery or wiring harness has been frustrating for several owners on deep sleep mode. From OP, thanks for keeping us posted.
What is method you use to monitor this battery?

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My hybrid has the same issue. I tried charging the 12V battery with an external charger and the problem "goes away" for several days - I totally believe the issue could be the 12V battery.
Same issue here. Drops to 12.2 Volts within minutes of turning the truck off. It shows 15.0 volts while driving, so it is properly charging. I usually get the Deep Sleep message every morning, but sometimes won't get it for a few days.

My battery is the LX6T-10655-BA which obviously seems underpowered for the truck.
My dealer wants me to bring it in to have it tested, which from posts on MTC seems that it will "Pass" their battery tests, so they will not know what to do then.

I plan on going in with a print out of the OP's post and my Ford Pass app showing the Deep Sleep to help persuade them to replace the battery.

What is method you use to monitor this battery?
Not who you quoted, but I'm using a bluetooth OBD2 adapter with Torque Pro Android App. My battery charger also shows voltage when attached that matches what I'm showing.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
:unsure: I highly doubt your going to get hardly any years out of the Maverick battery since mine went bad at 2000 miles and 4 months of ownership.

My 2001 F150 would last for approx 3 to 5 years for each battery I put in it. My 2001 F150 has lasted for 21 years and has had minimal problems with the battery and approx 5 replacements. I had to replace the Alternator 1 time. Still running fine at 200,000 miles on it.
Was your Original battery the LX6T-10655-BA?

Sponsored

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Deep Sleep Mode FIXED after 6 weeks!

My new 2022 Hybrid started having an intermittent, "Service Engine Soon" message at 1700 miles, that would turn off after about 10 minutes. It came on a few times every month. Since it turned off right away I didn't think I had an emergency to take it in for service.

Then I started getting a message on my Ford App that said it was in "Deep Sleep Mode". After that I noticed that the Cargo Light wouldn't come on, the Interior Dome Light would not turn on when you open the door in the dark, the dash would immediately turn off Dark when you turn the car off. Things were not right with the Electrical System in my opinion.

I took it to my local dealer, Villa Park Ford in Orange California.

They have given me a loaner, which was yes you will because I bought it from the dealer used with 1700 miles on it. It's my daily driver, paid a lot of money to get it and it is having major problems. So they gave me a loaner and I was happy to let them try to figure out how to fix an issue for all of us.

I got a call 2 weeks after they had my truck and the Service Advisor said, we think it is the BCM, Body Control Module. We should have it fixed by Wednesday. I called my service advisor because he didn't call me at the time he thought my truck would be fixed. He said SOOOORY that was not the fix, they still had the same problem. He said Not Sure what the problem is and we are in contact with FORD Tech Support!

They had my truck for 5 weeks and said they needed to get Ford Engineers involved becuase they couldn't figure it out.

I bought it back for 2 days for the Ford Engineer to take a look at it. He said it might be a programming issue and might take a couple weeks to figure out. I didn't hear back fo a month.

My Service Rep called me shortly after I realized I haven't heard back from them to tell me they have a Fix for the Deep Sleep Mode and Interior lights not working, etc.

They replaced the 12 volt Battery with a new one a said they reprogrammed whatever.

All has been working perfectly for a week now!
Really? 3 loaner cars, 6 weeks, everyones time, for a 12 volt Battery.
Any update on whether you've gotten the Deep Sleep message since?

GyroGearloose

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Maverick has been in the shop for the better part of a week: side curtain air bag recall and the ongoing Deep Sleep Mode issue. Same here, they seem baffled by the battery problem. The consensus on this forum does suggest a simple solution: replace the battery. I advised my service rep as such. Stay tuned for the exciting conclusion to this mystery.

OP
OP

Mikes22Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid 2022
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any update on whether you've gotten the Deep Sleep message since?
Yes, the battery only fixed the problem for 2 months and now it's doing the exact same thing.
No Interior Lights and No Cargo Light when you open the door and Deep Sleep Message.
I have not brought it back to the dealer yet.

Random

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Maverick Hybrid FE Lux & ‘11Toyota Sienna XLE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Maverick has been in the shop for the better part of a week: side curtain air bag recall and the ongoing Deep Sleep Mode issue. Same here, they seem baffled by the battery problem. The consensus on this forum does suggest a simple solution: replace the battery. I advised my service rep as such. Stay tuned for the exciting conclusion to this mystery.
No a new battery is not the solution. Watch the videos towards the end of this thread.
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...-harness-replacement.25593/page-8#post-515186

Sponsored

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No a new battery is not the solution. Watch the videos towards the end of this thread.
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...-harness-replacement.25593/page-8#post-515186
Could be in the certain cases.

Those issues seem to be with the 12V battery not charging due to the "Bad Cable connection" or other subpar parts.

My battery is charging properly(15v+) when the truck is running but was still going to Deep Sleep either because the System thinks the Voltage is too low(still at 12.2v when off), or the Battery is inadequate.

GyroGearloose

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my XL (Hybrid) in June, 2021, took delivery in March, 2022. I started having the Deep Sleep Mode alerts about November, 2022. One dealer could not find any issues. Another dealer took the time, made the effort, and found the solution - at least for my truck's problem. For my truck, the Telematics Control Unit failed. The dealer discovered this by first checking with Ford engineers, then trying to flash an update to the TCU - which failed. They replaced the TCU, reprogrammed it, and, so far, all is working properly - with no Deep Sleep Mode alerts.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When was your TCU replaced?

OP
OP

Mikes22Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid 2022
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
TCU replaced three days ago. So far, the machine checks in properly on Fordpass and has not entered premature Deep Sleep.
Hey Gyro, just checking in with you. Is everything still working properly since the TCU replacement?
Since my initial problem the 12 volt battery was replaced and that fixed the issue for 2 months.
Sponsored