Dealership unplugged my dashcam during recall service

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Even if you have nothing to hide, would you let anyone enter into your house with a GoPro camera attached to them? I wouldn't, even if the person is from law enforcement. In my view, there's nothing wrong with the dealership unplugging the dashcam, it's their property and their rules. Nowadays, there are so many of the recordings end up on the web. Why would the dealership risk being ridiculed on the web?

The last time my truck was at the dealer for some repairs, the service guy put back the fuse for the telemetry module (TCM). Just put the fuse back, when I've got home. No big deal...
It's not like there are cameras inside the dealership, outside the dealership recording you.:rolleyes:
Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Geez...
As part of software updates the 12v has to remain at high enough voltage to prevent the BMS from "shedding" aka "turning off" circuits during the update. The tech is prompted to put a 13v power supply on the buss during the update. Confirmation the update is successful the computer will check at least some if not all circuits to verify that power readings are within limits. To insure successful update it's best to unplug things.

ValenciaOrange

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I took my Maverick into the dealer for it's first oil change someone adjusted the drivers seat backwards and never returned it to it's original position.

Has anyone else suffered such an indignant experience?
I thought only parking lot valet attendants did this.
Sponsored