Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

• Banned
If a unicorn New 23' and what you wanted in the Hybrid popped up say with 3k Market Adj. or really lucky and msrp, would you jump on it or just wait for the 24' since July is right around the corner?
Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Buy it.

"July" is just orders opening for production that will not even begin until October (or November if they do what they did last year).

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
MY24 is going to be higher priced s well. I wouldn't be surprised to see at least 1K higher.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush".

Sponsored

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A Maverick in the garage is worth much more than one on order that you might get 6-9 months after ordering. Once the price increase is announced, you will probably be better off even if you have to pay $3K since that will offset the price increase. One other way to look at it. Pay $3 or even $4K and start saving money at the pump, enjoy the ride and performance of the Maverick NOW vs. waiting months to do the same thing.

Mavreezy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000 Dual Sport, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If a unicorn New 23' and what you wanted in the Hybrid popped up say with 3k Market Adj. or really lucky and msrp, would you jump on it or just wait for the 24' since July is right around the corner?
If you want it...wait! If you "need' it because you and your family are going through a serious inconvenience not having a vehicle, go ahead and get it.

OP
OP
BluegrassNbass

BluegrassNbass

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you want it...wait! If you "need' it because you and your family are going through a serious inconvenience not having a vehicle, go ahead and get it.
I bought a Hyundai Kona to save at the pump. It will be traded back in for a maverick. I'm a custom home builder project manager so i drive a lot. 600+miles a week. I bet majority of my driving is 55mph and less. Freeway sometimes and 60 at that. I get paid .68 cents a mile so this is also a business move. I plan on buying extended warranty as I plan on running it until I can't afford to fix it anymore. Starting to see quite a few here now daily and I like that I get to see all the colors and when I follow them I watch how they handle our crappy bouncy roads. Does not look like i see a lot of head bouncing so that is good. They seem stuck to the road decent. I got to sit in one but not drive. I liked it. I guess Wishful thinking maybe something different on the 24 that the 22-23 guys might be like"oh I wish mine had that". Sure wish they would put a teaser out or something. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

A bird in a band is worth one in your tush or something.

bc22

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The msrp bump for 24 is probably in the 1-3k range so a 3k adm is basically just zeroed out

Mavreezy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000 Dual Sport, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought a Hyundai Kona to save at the pump. It will be traded back in for a maverick. I'm a custom home builder project manager so i drive a lot. 600+miles a week. I bet majority of my driving is 55mph and less. Freeway sometimes and 60 at that. I get paid .68 cents a mile so this is also a business move. I plan on buying extended warranty as I plan on running it until I can't afford to fix it anymore. Starting to see quite a few here now daily and I like that I get to see all the colors and when I follow them I watch how they handle our crappy bouncy roads. Does not look like i see a lot of head bouncing so that is good. They seem stuck to the road decent. I got to sit in one but not drive. I liked it. I guess Wishful thinking maybe something different on the 24 that the 22-23 guys might be like"oh I wish mine had that". Sure wish they would put a teaser out or something. :ROFLMAO:
You pretty much answered your own question 😄. I agree about being able to see a few teaser images of how the future model might look like to help make our decisions much easier. I love my Hybrid Maverick like no other vehicle I've owned, but honestly, I wouldn't pay any mark-up. I understand we live in a society of quick and instant gratification, but I've learned to respect the work I've done to earn every cent I have. But to each his own. Regardless if you buy it now or later, you're going to enjoy the little truck. 👍

Last edited:

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Get it. You can always trade it in on a 24 if they have any major changes. I think the 25s will be the refresh year and 28s will be the next version.

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just received my MY23 so I am positive that the MY24 is going to offer 13" screen, full digital instruments, 70 more hp with 25% better mileage, and cost $3,000 less.
Sponsored