WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Took the Maverick home from the dealer March 21. July 12, received a card in the mail from the dealer stating that "according to their records" the vehicle is coming due for a 5000 miles maintenance servicing.

In reality, just a smidgen over 222 miles total on the odometer as of July 12. Still have over half a tank of the original gas fill up the dealer put in.

😄
Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Museum piece? What do you plan for your truck?

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Why don’t you drive it?

OP
OP
WannaMav

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Museum piece? What do you plan for your truck?
Heh.

One of the benefits of retirement is the lifting of pressure or compunction to absolutely, positively get anywhere on a set schedule. As my only transportation it's enough to pop into town once or twice a month to run a few errands as they might arise. Have been procrastinating about a replacement for the decrepit front door of the house for longer than ought to admit; the Maverick came in super handy for toting one home from a big box hardware place in the bed. Having the additional options that open up with driving a non-humongous pick-up is a welcome pleasure.

Previous compact car (I was the second owner) was 28 years old and had 55,000 original miles on it when dropped it off at auto Valhalla in May.

Sponsored

Gr8Mustang

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Digger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux w/360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ah, RETIREMENT.
My wife asked me this morning what I was going to do today.
I told her, NOTHING.
She said that's what you did yesterday.
I told her that I wasn't done yet.
That is a perfect situation.

I will retire on 7-29 and so many folks ask what am I going to do.

DO? I will do whatever I please and if that is nothing then that will also please me.

Enjoy your retirement.

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Retired myself...................one tip for our rarely driven cars fueled by the flammable swill put out by fuel companies nowadays is to always run Stabil or an equivalent as modern fuels go bad quite quickly when untreated.

Gr8Mustang

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Digger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux w/360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Retired myself...................one tip for our rarely driven cars fueled by the flammable swill put out by fuel companies nowadays is to always run Stabil or an equivalent as modern fuels go bad quite quickly when untreated.

Great tip!
I had not thought about that. I expect to be driving less than a hundred mile or so each month once retired so I will remember that one.

Thanks.

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can see that with the number of miles you drive, why the hybrid was necessary, so the gas bills did not break you at the bank!! :ROFLMAO: Will be interesting to see if the resale value in 25 years is better than with an EB. Of course, who knows for sure what the main fuel will be in25 years????

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can see that with the number of miles you drive, why the hybrid was necessary, so the gas bills did not break you at the bank!! :ROFLMAO: Will be interesting to see if the resale value in 25 years is better than with an EB. Of course, who knows for sure what the main fuel will be in25 years????
I'm not placing my bets on even being alive in 25 years!

Sponsored

HPR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got a letter from FORD saying their records indicate I drive a lot and my warranty will run out in 18 months. Lmao, My truck has 3,000 miles since I got it in Oct. I average 3,600 miles on my vehicle, the rest is on the motorcycle or bus. If I keep it, I will be using every bit of the 36 months.

AnthonyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Strange that they sent that. They know exactly how many miles you have and all codes, faults, etc through their system and ford pass. They’re pulling mailing lists and your name got in the mix for some reason

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe no one will be around in 25 years. The Martians will have attacked and eaten us all. On the plus side, the Martians won’t have to wait a year to get a Maverick.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Took the Maverick home from the dealer March 21. ... just a smidgen over 222 miles total on the odometer as of July 12.
If I drove an average of two miles a day, I would just rent a limo as needed and be done with it.

(Preferably one with a drinks bar and hot tub).
Sponsored