Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022, Ford Maverick Hybird
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Dealer Truck ?? 1630949687559

My daughter went to the MN state fair yesterday and found this truck. 1. Apparently they are producing some? I thought there was no production scheduled until after 11/23.. 2. I also read (here??) they were only producing trucks for actual customers, not for the dealer (to exhibit).
Sponsored

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

They made 1297 Mavericks in August - 1663 total most if for dealers to have something to show folks and test drive. Most were ecoboost but some hybrids. Look at Cars.com for an example of what dealers will be receiving first. Its been reported all hybrids would be sold to customer orders first and that is mostly true however I have seen some hybrids that are being shipped to dealers. The one you show at the Fair was probably put there by Ford corporate as a display which they do all the time for sports events, stadiums and big gatherings.

OP
OP

SuperA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They made 1297 Mavericks in August - 1663 total most if for dealers to have something to show folks and test drive. Most were ecoboost but some hybrids. Look at Cars.com for an example of what dealers will be receiving first. Its been reported all hybrids would be sold to customer orders first and that is mostly true however I have seen some hybrids that are being shipped to dealers. The one you show at the Fair was probably put there by Ford corporate as a display which they do all the time for sports events, stadiums and big gatherings.
My order is for a hybrid, perhaps that explains why I've heard nothing.

t88-supra

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Escape Plug in Hybrid, 97 EVO 4, 69 Mach-1
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am a sales manager at a Ford dealer in Colorado.... I just looked and it does not appear that there are any Hybrids that have actually been built or generated a VIN as of yet. there are pages and pages of 2.0 ecoboosts that are either at the plant or are in transit. I do not show any that have actually landed, but the system is not 100% acurate.

Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am a sales manager at a Ford dealer in Colorado.... I just looked and it does not appear that there are any Hybrids that have actually been built or generated a VIN as of yet. there are pages and pages of 2.0 ecoboosts that are either at the plant or are in transit. I do not show any that have actually landed, but the system is not 100% acurate.
I have two hybrids with vins and build dates

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My XL Hybrid is scheduled week of 10/4 was issued a VIN back on August 12.

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This Cactus Green/Grey is out at cars.com

Ford Maverick Dealer Truck ?? 1631063462439

OP
OP

SuperA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My order is for a hybrid, perhaps that explains why I've heard nothing.
A note from the dealer I ordered my hybrid truck from....
Thank you, I appreciate you sending me this..

The Mavericks that are out in the world right now are promotional units, Ford refers to them as mannequin units.

They are used for promotional events, and often automotive writers have access to them to write about them. They also use them for commercials and advertising. They are also not for sale. They did the same thing with the Bronco.

I cannot confirm what they have built, but I can confirm that I do not have a mannequin unit yet but have requested one. I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know.

Sponsored

RickAns

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Out of curiosity what happens to the "mannequin units" after production ramps up and normal vehicle flow arrives at the dealers? Are they returned to Ford to be used for whatever?

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Out of curiosity what happens to the "mannequin units" after production ramps up and normal vehicle flow arrives at the dealers? Are they returned to Ford to be used for whatever?
According to the internet, they are usually unsellable. However, Ford made an exemption for Bronco mannequins, so who knows.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hmmm Looks like a VIN number to me and a dealership that is suppossed to get it . And it IS a hybrid. https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/1e8ee4f8-a00c-476c-b677-9adca68611e0/

RickAns

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Thanks, bombast. I did not wish to buy one, was just wondering what happened to them. The note SuperA got said they were not for sale. Figured if they were still in good shape then they went back to Ford to be used as service vehicles to shuttle things around. Was not thinking to search the internet on what happened to them. :)

t88-supra

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Escape Plug in Hybrid, 97 EVO 4, 69 Mach-1
Engine
2.5L Hybrid