2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I called a local dealer to see if they were going to get a Maverick trainer anytime soon. The guy straight up tried to get me to cancel my order and buy something else right now. Not gonna do it!
Sponsored

Gabbydad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sad

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That’s crazy! Customer service is a lost art for many people.

JibbersCrabst

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I called a local dealer to see if they were going to get a Maverick trainer anytime soon. The guy straight up tried to get me to cancel my order and buy something else right now. Not gonna do it!
They probably want you to "cancel" your order (they won't actually cancel it) so they can sell the unit off their lot for a $4k markup AND sell you something else right now. A win-win for them.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They probably want you to "cancel" your order (they won't actually cancel it) so they can sell the unit off their lot for a $4k markup AND sell you something else right now. A win-win for them.
Probably true. And salesmen wonder why they are mostly despised.

Sponsored

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
I hate buying cars.....I use to like the game..but I'm older and I'm just tired
of the silly BS I hope this is the last for me before I choke one of the idiots

OP
OP
Clarkdonbran

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It was at a different dealer than where I put my order, but it definitely felt like the guy was going through his sales spiel. He was admittedly pretty good and got a bunch of information out of me! I’m an idiot though so not surprising. I am not fully sold on the Maverick without seeing it in person and driving it so that guy might get my business after all.

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
Yep, I think you’re right!

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One thing Ive learned is if I’m “only lookin” never, never, never give them your real phone number or email address. lol

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Car salesmen aren’t born jerks. The system makes them that way. Since almost all of their income comes from commission, they literally have to sell a car to feed their families and pay their rent. Their managers teach them all sorts of high-pressure tactics because they are also dependent on daily sales just like the salesmen. Combine pushy bosses, commission-driven income, and ruthless competition, and nobody should be surprised with the outcome being a pit of vipers.

That said, some dealerships manage to avoid this scenario. But they do seem to be the exception that proves the rule.

Sponsored

MomaK61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250, Subaru Ascent
I just switched dealerships and had to reorder. I hate losing my place but the first one would just not communicate with me. I couldnt get any info from them. I found a great dealership who has been so open and honest. Answered all my questions . So I dont mind getting pushed back some to get the right dealer.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One thing Ive learned is if I’m “only lookin” never, never, never give them your real phone number or email address. lol
It’s either you’ll be hounded by a delaer actually wanting to make a sale or you’ll get nothing from someone who is too busy to try for a sale on a low commission model and only hunt big commissions.

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Dealers around me have so little inventory they don't even bother if they don't have what you want. I was shocked, honestly. I left a lead on Nissan's website for a new frontier, dealer called me, asked what I wanted, said they'd "look in their inventory" and get back. That was the last I heard.
Sponsored