AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What dumb dealer Games have you seen trying to order a Maverick?
I'll go first.
Oracle Road Ford a bit north of Tucson Arizona wanted a $2,000 non refundable deposit to order the Maverick. Yes, that is a 2 with three zeros after it. Thankfully, they told me 100%, yes, ONE HUNDRED PERCENT of the deposit could be applied toward the cost of the Maverick! (I am serious! ) There were also a selection of extra fees too. I'll post a screen shot of the email. (Since I could apply 100% of the non refundable deposit toward a Maverick @MSRP + ADM, of course I jumped at that offer!)
Your turn!
Sponsored

Deleted member 1483

I would walk away from any non-refundable deposit. My dealer told me they assumed it would be something like $100-$500, and they never bothered to charge me for it. I got my order confirmation and they never said anything. So I guess $0 down for me?

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
0 down for me also

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll go first.
Oracle Road Ford a bit north of Tucson Arizona wanted a $2,000 non refundable deposit to order the Maverick. Yes, that is a 2 with three zeros after it. Thankfully, they told me 100%, yes, ONE HUNDRED PERCENT of the deposit could be applied toward the cost of the Maverick! (I am serious! ) There were also a selection of extra fees too. I'll post a screen shot of the email. (Since I could apply 100% of the non refundable deposit toward a Maverick @MSRP + ADM, of course I jumped at that offer!)
Your turn!
I went with Homes Tuttle at the Auto Mall and it was $500 down fully refundable! No extra fees, just tax, title, and registration. Irving Lozano is my POC there.

Sponsored

NCbronco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick2017 F250, 2017 CR-V, 1974 Bronco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went to my local Ford dealership that`s only 4 miles from my home that I have bought 5 other Fords from over the last 35 years and I talked with them about the new Maverick and they act like they had no clue what I was talking about. Then we talk about when they did find more out about the new Maverick that they now charge $2,500 on top of the MSRP on any new Ford vehicle on there lot that they sale, in stock or if I order it. They also had a $700 doc fee and a $1,000 required deposit . When they told me all this it help me to make my mind up to buy from Chapman Ford with there 4% below invoice and I will save roughly $5,000 on buying from them. This is a no brainer for me.

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
I went to my local Ford dealership that`s only 4 miles from my home that I have bought 5 other Fords from over the last 35 years and I talked with them about the new Maverick and they act like they had no clue what I was talking about. Then we talk about when they did find more out about the new Maverick that they now charge $2,500 on top of the MSRP on any new Ford vehicle on there lot that they sale, in stock or if I order it. They also had a $700 doc fee and a $1,000 required deposit . When they told me all this it help me to make my mind up to buy from Chapman Ford with there 4% below invoice and I will save roughly $5,000 on buying from them. This is a no brainer for me.
Definitely a no brainer. How some dealerships can get away with operating like this is beyond me.

OP
OP

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did go to Holmes Tuttle in Tucson as well, (after the stupid foolishness of Oracle Road Ford.) I will give credit where credit's due, they were willing to stick with the MSRP and only required a refundable$500 deposit. However I qualify for the X-Plan and they took attitude about that and would not honor it. Without going into the weeds, there's a reason why I qualify for the X-Plan. And, the company I work for is giving the Maverick a serious look over for fleet use.
I did talk to Chapman and Granger, I was offered a great price from both. The only reason I didn't pull the trigger is because when I added up the cost of either shipping and or making a road trip out picking my new Maverick up it became a push. And since I live in Tucson and chances are I'd be picking up the Maverick in Oct/Nov, driving from the Midwest to Tucson that time of year as much as I like road trips and adventure, I decided that was not the direction I would go. (Driving in sleet and snow is not my idea of a good time, I'm a desert rat.) All that said, I really respect their aggressive going out and trying to do a deal. I would encourage people where the distance does not make it an unfeasible proposition to seriously consider doing business with those dealers.

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
These clowns are the reason direct to consumer sales like Tesla and Volvo are gaining more traction. Many dealers are fantastic but the bad ones just sully Ford and other manufacturers’ reputations.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I don't understand why deposits are necessary. This is literally Ford's Civic in terms of price. The dealerships will have zero issues moving the units.

Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Any Ford dealer worth its salt would have never asked for a deposit on the Mav. Mine didn't but I know a lot of them are which is kinda sad because it just erodes trust between Ford, their network of dealers, and their customers.

atonge40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Is Jim Click still throwing the Desert Protection Package on everything? It’s been a decade since I lived in Tucson.

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
Is Jim Click still throwing the Desert Protection Package on everything? It’s been a decade since I lived in Tucson.
Not sure if it's still happening down there but it has migrated north to Phoenix. I've definitely heard of that package. :LOL:

Zepper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman S, Maverick XLT (Alto Blue), Altrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll go first.
Your turn!
In California it's illegal for a dealership to take a deposit that is not refundable. The purpose of the deposit is to put it towards the cost of the vehicle

OP
OP

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, which is why I found them telling me the entire non refundable deposit could be applied to the price. It struck me as, well vs what, only part of it is and I forfeit the rest? It was hilariously ludicrous. It was typical slimy dealer BS.
Sponsored