jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now the old parking brake is also made to use if the main brakes fail. its not JUST for parking . So the Mav will automatically not allow the parking brake to come on while moving? Which kinda defeats the emergency brake application if the main brakes failed. Put trans into neutral will parking brakes come on while moving assuming you hit the parking brake button.?
You can definitely use the electric parking brake as an emergency brake, you just have to pull up the switch and hold it. Typical activation is that you press the button and release, then it automatically engages. To disengage, you just pull it up and release, and it automatically disengages. If you just pull it and release while in motion, it will assume that you did this in error and try to protect you and the vehicle from accidental engagement.

The starter is also automatic, even with the switch blade keys on XL and XLT. Just flick the key to the Start position and release, it'll fall back to the Start position but the starter will continue to start the engine. Of course, that only applies to EcoBoost because Hybrids don't have a typical ignition system and no starter. It's more like pressing the power button on your mobile phone.

Per the manual (bold + underline for emphasis):

Electric Parking Brake - Applying the Electric Parking Brake in an Emergency

APPLYING THE ELECTRIC PARKING BRAKE IN AN EMERGENCY

You can use the electric parking brake to slow or stop your vehicle in an emergency.
Pull the switch up and hold it.
The red warning lamp illuminates, a tone sounds and the stoplamps turn on when you use the electric parking brake in an emergency.
The electric parking brake continues to slow your vehicle down unless you release the switch.
Note: Do not apply the electric parking brake when your vehicle is moving, except in an emergency. If you repeatedly use the electric parking brake to slow or stop your vehicle, you could cause damage to the brake system.
https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...ingEnabled=False&userMarket=USA&buildtype=web
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Does anyone know why I keep getting this "BRAKE" showing up on my dashboard? (Picture Attached) It seems to show up when I park my car and turn the ignition off.. sometimes the car will let me move and other times it will not... Much appreciated.

20230607_114251.jpg
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Maverick concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.