First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You’re good. I think they were taking down to a 620 and giving it top tier rates
Sponsored

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Personally, when it is time for your credit score to be updated, I think someone sits in a room and throws dice on a velvet covered table. Box cars your score goes up, snake eyes down it goes. Anything else it stays the same. LMAO. Anyone else have a more plausible explanation on how all this works??? LOL.
Oh, I think you've got it figured out.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have a low credit score. right around 600 but on its way up. I just got the first credit card I ever had at 37yo. Its a $200 prepaid card that I use to pay our satellite bill and then pay off just to have credit usage. I have previously had a couple of small (2500 to 3500) car loans from a credit union. that was 8 years ago. I dont have any debt of any kind other than the land my wife is part of with her mother and sister. But it is private financing. My wifes credit is better than mine, but I would like to use mine. The down payment and $450 monthly payment on a nice XLT FX4 4k wont be a problem since we live on Maui and even coconut choppers get paid good here.

Any thoughts on what I will be able to get as far as terms with say a 620 score, if at all?

Hamrich

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My credit score is 785 and I locked in 0.9% for 48 months, but I also traded in my 2013 Subaru BRZ and put an additional $10k down. But you should be fine with your score, don’t sweat it

MattIngram

First Name
Deleteme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deleteme
The loan is for an engagement ring - like with the car, I had (and still have) the cash but the seller was offering 0% interest to finance it for a year, so why not. The very next month, my credit score dropped from around 800 to 780, so that's why I figured I could potentially bump it back up by paying it off early. But good point that maybe it's best to just let sleeping dogs lie if my current 780 is enough for the Ford credit deals. I have no plans to incur any new debt any time soon.
The engagement ring loan may have impacted your score. FICO treats consumer finance companies differently and that may explain the 20 point drop. If the zero interest ring loan was treated as a consumer finance company loan type on your credit report, it may be a good idea to payoff and close.

Sponsored

MattIngram

First Name
Deleteme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deleteme
Anyone have any idea, ballpark, what the minimum credit score requirement typically is for the current Ford financing deals (0% for 36 months, .9% for 48 months)? I know there are other variables at play too. I'm currently sitting on a 780 FICO, and could probably bump that up to closer to 800 by paying off another small 0% loan I currently have outstanding. I have the cash for the vehicle, but would jump all over free money if those deals are still available when my truck is delivered next March or so.
I think 750+ should be good enough to get into special rate offers but your credit passes through the dealership. That’s where you have to be careful and may need to do some homework in advance to be armed with a rate match. I prefer to steer clear of those offers and avoid standard rates offered by Ford Financing, as I can do better financing out 75 months 2.75% APR and paying off early. Interest is minimal, I can pay off more quickly and not tie up monthly budgets with higher payments in case of emergency or job loss.

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My score is around 640 and they said I will get 5% financing when my truck comes. I am currently paying 13% because I was in a bad spot and needed a car years ago with barely any credit. Either way 5% is insanely good to me haha

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, and 780's really good. I was floating around 820 (I'm old and settled). Paid off my car 5 months early last January, and my score dropped very quickly to about 775.
Yeah. Mine dropped 40 points into the 780s after a house refi this summer. I think it's pretty easy to bounce out of the 800s with any changes to accounts/balances/etc. I don't really sweat it.

otter101

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Maverick XLT Lux, Nissan, Honda
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is there a link for the maverick model launch program? I would like to see that info in detail.

Sponsored

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My FICO is almost in the 750's right now and with the Student bonus cash I will have a $1250 down payment. Should I be good for a decent rate? Credit score's are confusing to me lol

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Credit score keepers suck.. I had 849 over the summer, sold my house and paid all debt, car loan, home improvement loan, credit cards etc.. I have 150,000 in bank account. And my score took a hit because I don’t have any consumer loans out. Current score 819… go figure.

fury88

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT V8, 2022 Maverick Lariat owner
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
😂 Yeah my credit score went up after taking on the Ford auto loan.
Sponsored