Confused on status of build

Con

First Name
Con
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XC60
Ordered my truck the beginning of July. Dealer sent me an email July 23rd stating “your Maverick is being built.” However when asked what’s the VIN, they said that I don’t have one. Never received any emails from Ford. Can’t contact Ford on call line. Always state “extremely long hold times, please try again later.” Sure is turning what is suppose to be a good experience sour. Anyone have any advice?
Sponsored

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you get a DORA? If you don't have one you need to go to the dealer and get one with the price you negotiated. Without that you really have no order you can count on. The DORA should show the price you agreed upon with all fees and accessories. Then it should be signed by the sales manager (not the salesperson) and you.

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered my truck the beginning of July. Dealer sent me an email July 23rd stating “your Maverick is being built.” However when asked what’s the VIN, they said that I don’t have one. Never received any emails from Ford. Can’t contact Ford on call line. Always state “extremely long hold times, please try again later.” Sure is turning what is suppose to be a good experience sour. Anyone have any advice?
Dealer was totally incorrect in telling you that "your Maverick is being built" since the assembly plant didn't start making them until September 13th and if you ordered a Hybrid, it's going to be a lot longer wait.

MAVERICK8011

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.yahoo.com
Vehicle(s)
Maveruck
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

MAVERICK8011

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.yahoo.com
Vehicle(s)
Maveruck
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
CALL YOUR DEALER ASK FOR DORA'S SALES CODE: AND ORDER CODE: IF HE OR SHE HAS NO ORDER NUMBER OR SALES CODE YOU DON;T HAVE A ORDER. IF YOU GOT BOTH CALL FORD MOCO. :: 800-334-4375 .. THEY WILL ASK FOR ORDER AND SALES CODE AND GIVE YU STATUS. GOOD LUCK..

Sponsored

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K tow,19 CRV EX-L
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If your dealer did everything properly you should have gotten a confirmation email from Ford saying they have received your Maverick order. If you got an email from your dealer about your build without the email from Ford your dealer hasn’t got a clue of what their doing and dropped the ball on your order. I confirmed my reservation on 7/21/21 and my Maverick went into production last week. Go back to your dealer and tell them that you have not received your confirmation email from Ford and they need to verify that they actually placed your order. If your order has not been placed tell the dealer that they need to contact Ford’s regional representative about your situation and that you need a fix to your problem. If the dealer give you any pushback switch your order to another dealer.

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford will send you an email stating that your Maverick has been scheduled. That email will have your VIN#

OP
OP

Con

First Name
Con
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XC60
CALL YOUR DEALER ASK FOR DORA'S SALES CODE: AND ORDER CODE: IF HE OR SHE HAS NO ORDER NUMBER OR SALES CODE YOU DON;T HAVE A ORDER. IF YOU GOT BOTH CALL FORD MOCO. :: 800-334-4375 .. THEY WILL ASK FOR ORDER AND SALES CODE AND GIVE YU STATUS. GOOD LUCK..
Got both today. Called Ford...Goodbnees...I’m in the system...not do good news...Rep told me it will some time before I get a VIN! The issue is th Ed hybrid engine. Significant back log in engine production forcing significant delays on hybrid orders. Uhhhh!!!

Sponsored

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got both today. Called Ford...Goodbnees...I’m in the system...not do good news...Rep told me it will some time before I get a VIN! The issue is th Ed hybrid engine. Significant back log in engine production forcing significant delays on hybrid orders. Uhhhh!!!
At least you have confirmation from Ford that they plan to build a truck for you :)

Reactions: TCK

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not necessarily. I, as well as many others, never got a production email.
You will get a scheduled email with VIN# with a estimated production date. You will not get a production email until Ford actually start building your truck.

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
You will get a scheduled email with VIN# with a estimated production date. You will not get a production email until Ford actually start building your truck.
I have a vin, production date of 9/14, estimated delivery date of 10/16. I never received a scheduled email.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As @Wire4money said, many did not get the scheduled email with the VIN. I only found it about it from my dealer way back (mine is now build and was just delivered). And I did recieved the later built and shipped emails, so Ford definitely had my correct email. Their system just didn't really work very well...