Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We had a Ranchero when I was about 17, maybe a '61 or'62 Falcon Ranchero. Not many on the road today.
that would be the more rounded body version 60-63. Not sure they even offered the small V-8 then, but a choice of 2 I-6 motors. Mine was a 64 with more squared off front & rear ends and sculpted side profile. It was fun while it lasted :( Later I had a 73 that was a lot bigger as cars swelled in size. It had a 351 Windsor motor in it, and not nearly as classic looking as earlier Rancheros.
Sponsored

mikehailwood

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
that would be the more rounded body version 60-63. Not sure they even offered the small V-8 then, but a choice of 2 I-6 motors. Mine was a 64 with more squared off front & rear ends and sculpted side profile. It was fun while it lasted :( Later I had a 73 that was a lot bigger as cars swelled in size. It had a 351 Windsor motor in it, and not nearly as classic looking as earlier Rancheros.
Yes first gen. 144 6-cyl. and 170 6 cyl. were the motors I remembered. Could have been a 260 V8 offered as well.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes first gen. 144 6-cyl. and 170 6 cyl. were the motors I remembered. Could have been a 260 V8 offered as well.
from what I remember (and the wiki) 260 was offered in limited numbers last year of that generation. Then in next generation 64/65 they offered 289. Same motor as in Sprint V-8 Falcon coupe. Would love to have 1 of those today!

OP
OP
KCHahn

KCHahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently drive a 2001 Ford Range Edge 2WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Truck is now official. Went broke today, but now have tags/plates. And all current mods are done. Still debating two. Hood scoop and cab spoiler.

RocketJockey83

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Prius c
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Finally got my truck outfitted the way I wanted. Was going to order the hard roll up tonneau cover but thought it might hold my order up. Since I waited almost a full year, probably should have just ordered it but had one installed last week. Also added the Black platinum tailgate letters and black platinum door sill protectors. Think I'm done now. 1900 miles averaging almost 50mpg. Love this truck!

Ford Maverick Colorado Maverick owners 20220702_194010

Ford Maverick Colorado Maverick owners 20220702_193849

Sponsored

Hennessy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick carbonized grey Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just picked up my Maverick last week and quite impressed with it so far. Took it up to grandview with the family and carved the mountains like they were nothing and still managed 26mpg round trip.

only downside is I definitely need a cover for the bed. Those of you here with covers how have they held up with the rain and snow? If tested yet.

RocketJockey83

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Prius c
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just picked up my Maverick last week and quite impressed with it so far. Took it up to grandview with the family and carved the mountains like they were nothing and still managed 26mpg round trip.

only downside is I definitely need a cover for the bed. Those of you here with covers how have they held up with the rain and snow? If tested yet.
The hard roll up cover seems to protect pretty good against rain. Beed stays pretty dry. However, I use a car wash that has an undercarriage wash and it gets inside the bed due to the drain holes and small gaps where the fender wells are. (Not the covers fault of course)!

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We road tripped to Glenwood Springs from SLC last weekend- 26 per gallon with 245/65s and big ass mud flaps- Got a Sentry CT hard roll up ready to install-Super fun truck

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am also in CO driving a 2001 Ranger 2WD. I am exited to have a small pickup option to replace my Ranger. The rear wheel drive has been a challenge but in my experience FWD, good tires, ground clearance and common sense is all I need for 95% of the snow storms I have driven in over the years.
Yup, don't be stupid. And, with the thousands you save you can afford to stay home for a bad snow day.

BubbaMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m new to the Colorado area, living on the western slope now. Looking to put in an order on a 2023 Maverick. I’d like to get the hybrid, but with it only being FWD I’m wondering if that’s a mistake. What do you all think of driving a FWD around here on the mountains in the winter? I won’t be off-roadind or anything like that, just roads. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m new to the Colorado area, living on the western slope now. Looking to put in an order on a 2023 Maverick. I’d like to get the hybrid, but with it only being FWD I’m wondering if that’s a mistake. What do you all think of driving a FWD around here on the mountains in the winter? I won’t be off-roadind or anything like that, just roads. Thanks in advance.
I live in Western Slope too- 4 corners area. Lots of people here will tell you correct tires on FWD is most important thing driving in snow/winter. I ordered ECO AWD + 4k tow for sketchy weather and road conditions + other reasons fitting my lifestyle. Hybrids lose efficiency in very cold or very hot conditions. 1 thing to keep in mind for Colorado winters is mountain passes get hammered in Winter and chains are required in most cases to drive them. An exception to the chains law is if you have 4WD or AWD and specified minimum tread depth. That was 1 of my reasons choosing AWD and you only lose 1 MPG adding AWD too.

Now I just need to actually receive my truck!

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have lived in Colorado for 30+ years, including on the western slope for a few of those. I’ve driven everything from small FWD cars to AWD Subarus, to 2WD trucks. I’ve driven over the mountains more times than I can remember.

The truth is that I always thought that I needed AWD more than I actually did. I can count the number of times that AWD was actually necessary on one hand, and they all could have been avoided with a little bit of forethought.

Good tires and driving skills matter more than the drivetrain. I bought a hybrid Maverick, and it was great last winter. I carry some tire chains in the event that my enthusiasm surpasses my judgement. Don’t skimp by driving on old crappy tires.

I do find it amusing that I see it way more AWD vehicles stuck in snowdrifts than I do anything else. For many, AWD seems to provide little more than an inflated sense of security.

All of that said, buy what you think you need. If you absolutely must drive through really heavy snow in a regular basis, AWD can make it easier and safer.

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I added chunkier tires on my Maverick HYBRID in the anticipation of winter, as well as a little more for fire roads, gravel roads. I drove it once in the snow....it felt fine. Im in Colorado Springs. Here's proof I drove in the snow.
Ford Maverick Colorado Maverick owners PXL_20220521_041743532

Ford Maverick Colorado Maverick owners PXL_20220528_190530344

pawalsh610

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Maverick 1st Edition Lariat, Mazda 2
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have no worries about getting around CO in the winter with my FWD hybrid Maverick. In my experience, yours may vary, 4WD is most useful for off road not pavement. When driving on paved roads FWD with good tires will handle the snow until you exceed the ground clearance. Slippery roads, i.e. ice, are slipery with 4WD/AWD and FWD. The key is caution and experience driving in adverse conditions. Modern anti lock brakes and traction control have also help to reduce the level of experience required. I have driven past many 4WD/AWD vehicles in ditches with my FWD car because they over estimated the advantage of 4WD/AWD. Drive with caution and stay safe.

ColoradoShooter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma/Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have an EB AWD FX4 with A/T tires and it’s great. I get 31mpg freeway driving and like knowing that I have AWD and can hit the throttle to straighten the rear end out if it slides. You still need to know how to drive in bad weather and AWD can further your safety margin.
Sponsored