Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep, I've used the sound & compare tool. To my ears the Kicker 46CSC674 sounded great to my ears, but it's out of stock on the crutchfield.ca also not on sale. I see what you mean for Kenwood KFC-1666, there's definitely more mid in those speakers, reminds me of The Ventures type of sound. I did compare with the P-67CB, I like the bass in them.

Interesting information about the Puzu PZ-C7 and Ford harness supplied! I'm saving for a compact sub, Kicker 8" or 10", heard so many good things about it.

I spoke to a Crutchfield tech this morning. He confirmed the door speaker wire (non B&O system) has the full range. So no amp or modification needed to get the external crossover working. I'll try those and hope its not too much of a headache to install the tweeter.
I also like the Kicker 46CSC674 and their mid bass sound is fantastic.

I do like the Ventures and speakers that enhance their sound. My equalizer choices usually are in an inverted bell shape.

Keep at it and let us know what you choose. :cool:
Sponsored

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The only X-mas album that is allowed to be played at my house is: The Ventures' Christmas album.

Same!
It's great and I don't have it. I'm going to YouTube and find that album and download since Christmas is only 3 months away.

Droid82

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One thing to remember nowadays you don’t need to update the head unit unless you just don’t like Sync. Good speakers and a amp along with a DSP to clean up the sound makes a huge difference. Then sound deadening around the speakers in the doors with some foam surrounds and you a nice little system.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, I downloaded the Ventures Christmas album so I'm ready for the holidays.

I found something interesting on Amazon that intrigues me. It is a bundled set of Infinity Reference REF-6532IX 6.5" 2-Way Car Audio Speakers, and REF-6432CFX 4x6 2-Way Car Audio Speakers Package. On Crutchfield the 6.5" sell for $119.95 and the 4" x 6" sell for $109.95. So the bundled price on Amazon for $99.95 is a fantastic buy. Here's the link:

Infinity Reference - REF-6532IX 6.5" 2-Way Car Audio Speakers, and REF-6432CFX 4x6 2-Way Car Audio Speakers Package

I like the sound of the Infinity speakers. I've lots of them in Chrysler products and generally love the way they sound. Since they are a little better speaker than average they have a good mid range, but fill in mid bass and higher frequencies a little better.

Crutchfield says the 6.5 will not fit the Maverick, but I'll investigate a little to make sure the depth is not the problem. I know the 4 x 6 will require a little modification to the mounting space but others here on MTC have successfully installed 4 x 6, plus the infinity speakers have a flange that has lots of installation choices.

If I confirm they will fit the space then I'm pulling the trigger on these. :cool:

Edit: After reviewing the Infinity Speaker OM, both of the above referenced speakers come with mounting adapters seems to fit any mounting situation. The 6.5" speaker mounting depth is only 55.4 mm (2.1875") so depth should not be a problem.

Here are the specs of each speaker:

Ford Maverick Coaxial Speakers or Component Speaker System 1663719400960
Ford Maverick Coaxial Speakers or Component Speaker System 1663719431246
Ford Maverick Coaxial Speakers or Component Speaker System 1663719468121

Note the sensitivity of both speakers. That bodes well for the rear speaker circuits in the rear speaker feed of the Maverick. The DSP Amp I plan on using is rated 45 Watts RMS which matches the speakers continuous power handling ability.

Here is a link to the OM: https://pdf.crutchfieldonline.com/ImageBank/v20210813125100/Manuals/108/108R6532IM.PDF

Well, this is a serendipitous moment. I've been researching speakers for 11 months now and I've finally pulled the trigger. Plus, given the bundled price, I didn't even have to compromise. Now all I have to do is pull the trigger on the sub and finally decide on the Puzu PZ-C7 DSP Amp. But the harness availability is a deal clincher.

So, this is totally off topic for your original post, but it served as a tickler to do a little more research and allowed me to stubble into a great deal on the Infinity speakers. So, I owe it all to you Grim_Skunk. Thanks for getting off the edge of the cliff. :cool:

Last edited:

Sponsored

MikeyG

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I found something interesting on Amazon that intrigues me. It is a bundled set of Infinity Reference REF-6532IX 6.5" 2-Way Car Audio Speakers, and REF-6432CFX 4x6 2-Way Car Audio Speakers Package. On Crutchfield the 6.5" sell for $119.95 and the 4" x 6" sell for $109.95. So the bundled price on Amazon for $99.95 is a fantastic buy. Here's the link:

Infinity Reference - REF-6532IX 6.5" 2-Way Car Audio Speakers, and REF-6432CFX 4x6 2-Way Car Audio Speakers Package

I like the sound of the Infinity speakers. I've lots of them in Chrysler products and generally love the way they sound. Since they are a little better speaker than average they have a good mid range, but fill in mid bass and higher frequencies a little better.

Crutchfield says the 6.5 will not fit the Maverick, but I'll investigate a little to make sure the depth is not the problem. I know the 4 x 6 will require a little modification to the mounting space but others here on MTC have successfully installed 4 x 6, plus the infinity speakers have a flange that has lots of installation choices.

If I confirm they will fit the space then I'm pulling the trigger on these. :cool:

Edit: After reviewing the Infinity Speaker OM, both of the above referenced speakers come with mounting adapters seems to fit any mounting situation. The 6.5" speaker mounting depth is only 55.4 mm (2.1875") so depth should not be a problem.

1663719400960.png
1663719431246.png
1663719468121.png

Note the sensitivity of both speakers. That bodes well for the rear speaker circuits in the rear speaker feed of the Maverick. The DSP Amp I plan on using is rated 45 Watts RMS which matches the speakers continuous power handling ability.

Here is a link to the OM: https://pdf.crutchfieldonline.com/ImageBank/v20210813125100/Manuals/108/108R6532IM.PDF

Well, this is a serendipitous moment. I've been researching speakers for 11 months now and I've finally pulled the trigger. Plus, given the bundled price, I didn't even have to compromise. Now all I have to do is pull the trigger on the sub and finally decide on the Puzu PZ-C7 DSP Amp. But the harness availability is a deal clincher.

So, this is totally off topic for your original post, but it served as a tickler to do a little more research and allowed me to stubble into a great deal on the Infinity speakers. So, I owe it all to you Grim_Skunk. Thanks for getting off the edge of the cliff. :cool:
Do you know what the max mounting depth is for the maverick front door speakers?

Bigbill27

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What are the best brand and model door speaker replacements for the maverick without changing the tweeters and at a good price.

Abraxis

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra, forester, ranger, crx
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Do you know what the max mounting depth is for the maverick front door speakers?
Using OP's choice as a stand in:
Ford Maverick Coaxial Speakers or Component Speaker System Screenshot_20220920-184338

OP
OP
Grim_Skunk

Grim_Skunk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Rogue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What are the best brand and model door speaker replacements for the maverick without changing the tweeters and at a good price.
Many have used Hertz. OR PowerBass OE65C-FD, but might as well change the tweeters while your at it, its a direct fit.

I'm no expert.. Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong:

For Coaxial (tweeters included in the woofer speaker) if your not adding an amp, stick with a good known brand name, it doesn't need to be the higher-end line. Ex: Kicker DS line (lower-end stuff), will sound just as good as the higher-end KS line with no amp. Some of the lower end stuff is made to not take up much power and might even sound better with stock head. (I'm sure that not the case for all brands, but for Kickers that's what I read.) I think unplugging the factory tweeters is up to you, depending on the sound.

For Component speakers (tweeters are separate from woofer), stick with a in-line crossover version (built-in crossovers like the stock Maverick speakers). ex. PowerBass or Hertz K170 component. But not sure if they are meant to be paired with its tweeters or stock tweeters will be fine...? I'm sure it will work, but will it damage them after awhile?

rjvandoel

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cruze LT 16, Odyssey EX-L 23, Maverick XLT 23
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

1663719400960.png
1663719431246.png
1663719468121.png

Curious for the front door did you find yourself in need of a space with your mounting bracket?

I’ve observed others using spacers when installing door replacements with a depth 2” or greater. I’m thinking of the morel 3way vitrius in an active set up but I’m weary of the woofer and its depth. I’ve seen only 1-5/16 depth listed and visually we see the plastic windows track hogging up the space back there. I do see some shopping to it to accommodate large magnet sizes.

Sponsored

jc888888888

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat eco boost, Mustang Mach E , Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi all,

I want to replace the front door speakers at the lowest cost possible (best bang the buck).

Should I even bother removing tweeters if I get coaxial front speakers? OR should I get a component set and replace the tweeters? Tweeters seems to be a pain to replace, wires are short and I can't seem to find a harness for them.

Looking at Coaxial Hertz 165.3, Hertz K165 with set a tweeters or Rockford Fosgate R165-S with tweeters. My options in Canada are a bit limited, crutchfield.ca is where I'm shopping. I wish I could get the Ford Powerbass set online for a decent price.
I put these in the front: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_210MU602X/Morel-Maximo-Ultra-Coax-602-MKII.html and the same in 4 inch in the back ! 10x improvement!!!! .there is a really long thread on this board I posted some pictures of the rear , I did not do anything to front tweeters it sounds better than my buddies B&O in his Mav About $300 0r so total and 6 to 8 hours time .. if I did it again I would do the same and could do it under 4 hours as I now have the learning curve down
Here is the thread it is long but tons of good info: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...-and-experimentation.7997/page-21#post-282069

OP
OP
Grim_Skunk

Grim_Skunk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Rogue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I put these in the front: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_210MU602X/Morel-Maximo-Ultra-Coax-602-MKII.html and the same in 4 inch in the back ! 10x improvement!!!! .there is a really long thread on this board I posted some pictures of the rear , I did not do anything to front tweeters it sounds better than my buddies B&O in his Mav About $300 0r so total and 6 to 8 hours time .. if I did it again I would do the same and could do it under 4 hours as I now have the learning curve down
Thanks! I'll have a look at those.. I think I found that thread yesterday.. and now realizing I should have maybe gone a different route instead of ordering components with external crossovers. (too much work to snake the tweeter wire in that corner dash and do not want to drill holes). Also Crutchfield will soon come out with specific Maverick instruction soon.

jc888888888

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat eco boost, Mustang Mach E , Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks! I'll have a look at those.. I think I found that thread yesterday.. and now realizing I should have maybe gone a different route instead of ordering components with external crossovers. (too much work to snake the tweeter wire in that corner dash and do not want to drill holes). Also Crutchfield will soon come out with specific Maverick instruction soon.
This thread is real long but so much helpful information ,you go thru this thread you are good to go. I also didnt want to fool with those tweeters as if I screwed something up I would be staring at my blunder forever .NO NEED IMHO ..install co ax https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...-and-experimentation.7997/page-21#post-282142

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Curious for the front door did you find yourself in need of a space with your mounting bracket?

I’ve observed others using spacers when installing door replacements with a depth 2” or greater. I’m thinking of the morel 3way vitrius in an active set up but I’m weary of the woofer and its depth. I’ve seen only 1-5/16 depth listed and visually we see the plastic windows track hogging up the space back there. I do see some shopping to it to accommodate large magnet sizes.
I just ordered the speakers and have not received them to install.

Yes, I noticed others using spacers, and I may have to as well. The Morel 6.5 Component that member flimay2k installed had a mounting depth of 2.5". The Rockford Fosgate Punch 6 3/4" has been installed successfully in the front doors have a mounting depth of 2.24". Noah S, another member says, "I just installed Focal RSE-165s (components) w/ 2.5” depth in the doors and didn’t have clearance issues." Dedman says, "The Alpine S65c cleared everything with a woofer mounting depth of 2-5/16." I just don't think the rear spacing will be an uncompromising problem. We'll see.

I know you have followed some of the installs here on MTC and I'm thankful for those that have posted valuable information, especially to BootXL76 and Red Ryder.

Also, I'm not too worried about the speaker with a spacer used getting into the front trim panel. Have you seen the direct replacement Powerbass OE652-FD? Yes, it's mounting depth is only 1.6", but it extends above the mounting flange quite a bit higher than stock.

Admittedly, I chose not to buy the spacer/adapter because the Infinity speaker come with a mounting plate/adapter, so when they get here I'll review it more. Interestingly, one place on the spec sheet shows a 2 3/16" mounting depth, and a graphic in the OM shows it to be 51 mm, or 2.02". So, when the speakers get here, then I'll pull an interior door panel off and check it out. I'll post my findings. :cool:

Last edited:

Bigbill27

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Many have used Hertz. OR PowerBass OE65C-FD, but might as well change the tweeters while your at it, its a direct fit.

I'm no expert.. Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong:

For Coaxial (tweeters included in the woofer speaker) if your not adding an amp, stick with a good known brand name, it doesn't need to be the higher-end line. Ex: Kicker DS line (lower-end stuff), will sound just as good as the higher-end KS line with no amp. Some of the lower end stuff is made to not take up much power and might even sound better with stock head. (I'm sure that not the case for all brands, but for Kickers that's what I read.) I think unplugging the factory tweeters is up to you, depending on the sound.

For Component speakers (tweeters are separate from woofer), stick with a in-line crossover version (built-in crossovers like the stock Maverick speakers). ex. PowerBass or Hertz K170 component. But not sure if they are meant to be paired with its tweeters or stock tweeters will be fine...? I'm sure it will work, but will it damage them after awhile?
Thanks. I’ll check those out.
Sponsored