Sponsored

Aftermarket 6.5” component speakers set recommedation?

MikeyG

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m waiting for my XLT maverick to be built but have heard aloud about how the stock speakers aren’t that good. I’m looking to replace them with some 6.5” components and was wondering what everyone is using? Also where are you putting the 1” tweeter? Back in the dash like factory or would it be better in the top of the door where the triangle piece is for the mirror? I’ll also replace the 4” rear speakers and add a amp for front, rear and sub later on. Also any advice on some reasonable component sets and rear speakers? Would like to be under $300 if possible.
Sponsored

alh01

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Fiesta ST
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The powerbass stuff is designed to drop into most ford models that have the split 6.5s. They're not bad and relatively inexpensive.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m waiting for my XLT maverick to be built but have heard aloud about how the stock speakers aren’t that good. I’m looking to replace them with some 6.5” components and was wondering what everyone is using? Also where are you putting the 1” tweeter? Back in the dash like factory or would it be better in the top of the door where the triangle piece is for the mirror? I’ll also replace the 4” rear speakers and add a amp for front, rear and sub later on. Also any advice on some reasonable component sets and rear speakers? Would like to be under $300 if possible.
Most guys are going on to crutchfield and ordering the
Most guys are ordering the 6 and a 1/2 inch speakers from crutchfield the infinity series For 110 new or 98 open Box

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
The powerbass stuff is designed to drop into most ford models that have the split 6.5s. They're not bad and relatively inexpensive.
Focal also makes a drop in component set too, but I can’t find much feedback on them, what I do find is mixed and they’re pretty pricy

Last edited:
OP
OP

MikeyG

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Focal also makes a drop in component set too, but I can’t find much feedback on them, what I do find is mixed and they’re not cheap
After talking to you on your thread and reading some reviews the powerbass component set you have seem to be a very good option for me. Plug and play with good sound. Plus they are very reasonable also. I think this might be my best option and they should do well if if I put an amp on them.
Sponsored