2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Order date and confirmation email of 10/27/21
Received a call from my dealership/salesman for a 5/9/22 build date, but no VIN.
Called Ford today for a VIN, they tell me I don't have a build date.
Spoke with my salesman today and he said the dealership receives an email from Ford for the next vehicles to be built with an estimated build date. It then takes roughly a week for the build date to be officially in Ford's system.
Does that make sense to anyone? Just trying to understand if this is in the realm of normal.
Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

What exactly has been normal about anything in this process?

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wouldn’t hold my breath on anything till you get the email from ford saying it’s been scheduled. They will give you the vin number in that email.
I assume you got the email confirming your order originally?

robb01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
My dealer told me build date of 3/21, called Ford CS, they said they didn't have a build date, but they had a vin, checked today and it was built. Whole thing seems ridiculous that they cant track production better than this

OP
OP

Vortan

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wouldn’t hold my breath on anything till you get the email from ford saying it’s been scheduled. They will give you the vin number in that email.
I assume you got the email confirming your order originally?
No, just a call from my salesman.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Vortan

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer told me build date of 3/21, called Ford CS, they said they didn't have a build date, but they had a vin, checked today and it was built. Whole thing seems ridiculous that they cant track production better than this
From when your dealer told you the 3/21 build date to when you got the VIN, how much time passed?

robb01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
From when your dealer told you the 3/21 build date to when you got the VIN, how much time passed?
I called Ford 3/22 to check if it was indeed scheduled, they said it was showing as "blank" to them for build date, but they gave me the vin. I checked the vin today and it shows built, preparing to ship

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You should have received an order confirmation from ford so a few things could have happened.
1- your dealer placed it as a stock order, not a retail order. That’s bad.
2- your dealer simply did not enter your email when they placed the order w ford. This should be easy for them to fix.
What is your priority code? Did you get a copy of the Dora?

OP
OP

Vortan

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You should have received an order confirmation from ford so a few things could have happened.
1- your dealer placed it as a stock order, not a retail order. That’s bad.
2- your dealer simply did not enter your email when they placed the order w ford. This should be easy for them to fix.
What is your priority code? Did you get a copy of the Dora?
1- Prio code is 19 which means retail order. Prio codes for stock orders are 80-99 right? Something like that.
2- I received a confirmation email from the initial order, so it was submitted with my email address.
3- It seems emails aren't happening anymore? Not sure. Also saw that build date emails could be going out on Sundays now instead of Thursdays, but this isn't confirmed from what I understand.
4- Dora? Do you mean the initial form that has the order code, sales code and the details of my build? If that's what a dora is then yes I have a copy of that.

Like I mentioned in the OP, my salesman said he received an email from Ford with orders that were pulled for production and my order was one of them. He also said it takes roughly a week for the order to be confirmed in Ford's system. He knows the build date from Ford's email, not that it's officially in their system yet. That's where he lost me because if Ford sent the dealership an email with a list of orders that were pulled for production wouldn't that mean my order is already in their system? Apparently that takes time to show up in Ford's system...my salesman's words not mine which I know from horror stories on these forums to not believe anything a salesman says lol. The only reason this seems to make sense is that I don't have a VIN yet because the order isn't officially in Ford's system. Your guess is as good as mine...

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
DeJa'Vu Again :)