First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My check engine light came on during my drive home today. I scanned for codes and found P0128. Has anybody else had this code? I couldn’t find any record of it on the forums.
Sponsored

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My check engine light came on during my drive home today. I scanned for codes and found P0128. Has anybody else had this code? I couldn’t find any record of it on the forums.
Google says that code just means the coolant is cold.

KDay

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Dr. Google suggests it's related to coolant temp being lower than expected. Just curious if weather is super cold where you are... or if the code recurred since? (Maybe it doesn't self-clear tho).

OP
OP

stretch119

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dr. Google suggests it's related to coolant temp being lower than expected. Just curious if weather is super cold where you are... or if the code recurred since? (Maybe it doesn't self-clear tho).
It was right around 32 F during that drive. It was actually much colder during the past few weeks, with many days around 0 F. The light was on the whole drive home but I did not receive any notifications via fordpass (I’m surprised, because I have had multiple issues with this truck but normally get notified by fordpss).

I scheduled a dealer visit for Wednesday. I’ll be monitoring it until then to see if the light clears itself. I was just curious if anybody else had this same issue.

Diceless

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a similar 'cold coolant' engine light before, the cause was the coolant thermostat valve was stuck open. This caused the coolant/engine to not warm up as fast as the car was expecting it, which then triggered the light.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and current mileage. Allow me to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!
Sponsored