First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Niro
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tim indicated this may not be possible without potentially screwing something up... Would it really not be possible to adjust trim packages on a '22 w/VIN->'23 rollover? '22 XL did not have cruise control but '23 DOES have cruise control. We ordered an XLT hybrid with no other options and want to switch to an XL with no other options upon our 22 w/VIN rolling over to 23 since we ONLY ordered the XLT in 2022 since it had cruise control... This is really unfortunate for us since '22s WITHOUT a VIN got a brand new '23 order when they rolled over. (Although obviously not priority 2).

Sorry for tagging you Tim... I am sure it happens 30 times a day but I thought you would be the best person to provide me some insight.
@fordvideoguy
Sponsored

Last edited:

res0991

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm too interested in possibly switching my build. I'm wondering if I can just flip from Hybrid to ECO now and add back the LUX package.

JerseyMike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wanted to keep everything the same, but add the lux pack back in that I removed in the winter, because why not now.

ForeverWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also interested in potentially changing my 2022 cancelled hybrid from an XLT to a Lariat trim if possible, assuming it doesn't push me to the back of the line.

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
Color change?

Sponsored

capo99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Kicks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer (Canada) told me I absolutely could change from XLT to Lariat, and it would not affect my order. Not sure if I trust them on this. Don't want to screw things up. In Canada in 2022 you couldn't get the hybrid in the Lariat trim. It's now available for 2023 hybrids.

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tim indicated this may not be possible without potentially screwing something up... Would it really not be possible to adjust trim packages on a '22 w/VIN->'23 rollover? '22 XL did not have cruise control but '23 DOES have cruise control. We ordered an XLT hybrid with no other options and want to switch to an XL with no other options upon our 22 w/VIN rolling over to 23 since we ONLY ordered the XLT in 2022 since it had cruise control... This is really unfortunate for us since '22s WITHOUT a VIN got a brand new '23 order when they rolled over. (Although obviously not priority 2).

Sorry for tagging you Tim... I am sure it happens 30 times a day but I thought you would be the best person to provide me some insight.
@fordvideoguy
The other thing to keep in mind is Ford plans to build a very small number of XLs (15%) and a majority of XLTs (59%), so changing trim downward, especially within the already limited (35%) hybrid, could work against you. Now, as a cancelled rollover, this shouldn't matter, as you should get priority, but Ford gonna Ford...
Sponsored