First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought I posted the photos in a Canadian thread but can't seem to find it...so here's the quick termination explanation (pics might not be in order)

1. grab 2x 1/2 inch L pieces from home depot
2. Find and remove the 2 black plugs in the left and right side of the bed walls near the back.
3. Cut and fit the black plug over one side of the L piece and put it back in the hole
4 cut and fit the tube to attach to the other side of the L piece...give it a bit of slack too.

Pretty easy but take the time to make it look nice. Don't just cut stuff all Willy Nilly lol

951F557B-1D7B-4197-8F75-678980203C42.jpeg

4EAEFF82-4264-4879-A1E3-D48B8E510AC0.jpeg

9AEC8C6D-03D4-44DC-A9B1-2D33A103B0C3.jpeg

8A109C46-E735-43A3-A030-D3472A47DF14.jpeg

1C663355-F415-4643-B1E0-7EF10123E5F7.jpeg

60912057-EA5D-48CE-B980-D1383F496F7F.jpeg
Ooohhh, that's tidy. Thanks for taking the time to post the pics and write up!
Sponsored

Geo_tonz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT (on order)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey all, I've had my Maverick for a month now and started with the XLT Lux Package. Here are the mods/accessories I did ranked from favorite to least favorite! I'll include the links I used, since shopping in Canada is so much harder than the US but I'm sure you can find the US versions quite easily

1. Rear View Mirror
This made driving so much better because the dinky mirror that came with the truck is insufficient IMO. There's other ones out there if you need dimming/home start etc. But ever since I was a teen, I've always wanted a big ass mirror :D

2. Bed Extender
Yes, ordering from Amazon US is cheaper than ordering this on Amazon Canada. This one is more square shaped than the official Ford one so is more space efficient. This is great for preventing items from moving around while shopping (with it retracted) and also needed for dump runs (with it extended). Wasn't the easiest to install with a drop in bedliner though.

3. Bison Hard Tonneau Cover
Great customer service, well priced hard tonneau cover on sale right now at $689 with tax SHIPPED in Canada. This price for value is tough to beat & easy enough to install.

4. Back Seat Dog Cover
Any of these will do but definitely required if you have pups! Bonus, it prevents any cargo from falling into the foot area. I got this one at $36 but I saw some on clearance at Costco for $20.

5. Ford Floor Liners (Official Ford website).
This is what I spent my 40k points on, they fit perfect and the fact that they say "MAVERICK" on them makes me smile. Any floor liners will do but I'm in this to maximize joy :)

6. LASFIT Switchback LEDs
Modernizes the front turn signals to a white look + slightly brighter but the factory bulbs are sufficient for the practical uses so this one's more aesthetic

7. Stanley 20oz Water Bottle
Fits in the driver door space really snug. Can fall out if you close your door too hard b/c it's quite tall and heavy but man, this thing feels bulletproof. Again, any skinny bottle will do but I feel like this fits the truck best. I do recommend a trigger bottle b/c twisting a cap while driving is not as ideal as just pushing a button.

I do have 2 more mods coming in: 2" stubby antenna (this will definitely be the most useless but is purely for aesthetics b/c I don't like the long antenna) and a mod that turns off the hybrid fake engine sound/back up beeping sound. I know this is meant for safety but I don't live in the city so 99% of the driving is not around other people. Should I move back into the city in the future, I do plan on plugging the speakers back in. Lastly, I'm debating on the back lights.. anyone do those?

Anyway, thats all for me! Would love to hear about your fav/least fav mods & accessories. This is my first NEW car and I feel myself falling down the mod hole LOL.
I’m going to have to disagree hard with #5…the Ford floor liners suck bad! No coverage under the accelerator where your foot spends most of it’s time! Dirt just falls off on the carpet. Slush will melt underneath in the winter. Crappy design. When I learned of this I tried to cancel them (ordered with the truck) and even though it was before my VIN was issued and 6 months before the build they still came.
Ford Maverick [Canada] First round of mods/accessories done: Ranked from favorite to least 6B9735E4-B7D7-46C5-A407-4F5E60309633

OP
OP

Benilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I’m going to have to disagree hard with #5…the Ford floor liners suck bad! No coverage under the accelerator where your foot spends most of it’s time! Dirt just falls off on the carpet. Slush will melt underneath in the winter. Crappy design. When I learned of this I tried to cancel them (ordered with the truck) and even though it was before my VIN was issued and 6 months before the build they still came.
6B9735E4-B7D7-46C5-A407-4F5E60309633.jpeg
Oh interesting where your debris collects vs. where mine does hahaha. Thank you for the suggestion!

OP
OP

Benilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Wonder if this would be good just for a rubberized bed surface to prevent stuff from moving around

Ford Maverick [Canada] First round of mods/accessories done: Ranked from favorite to least 570x760_smart_fit

Sponsored

Geo_tonz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wonder if this would be good just for a rubberized bed surface to prevent stuff from moving around

570x760_smart_fit.jpg
Likely not heavy enough to stay put, but if you have a cap or tonneau cover then it'd be ok.

OP
OP

Benilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Likely not heavy enough to stay put, but if you have a cap or tonneau cover then it'd be ok.
I've got a bed extender that would ensure it would stay put and if its ever extended, whatever load i have in there would ensure it stays put :)

Geo_tonz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've got a bed extender that would ensure it would stay put and if its ever extended, whatever load i have in there would ensure it stays put :)
Watch it in the car was if you use them...The blower used to lift the horse stall mat out of my old Toyota!

OP
OP

Benilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Watch it in the car was if you use them...The blower used to lift the horse stall mat out of my old Toyota!
hahaha! Did you not have a tonneau cover? I heard the Maverick paint is like toilet paper thin so I don't know if I'm going to do the auto car wash with it.. sounds like it'll prematurely strip the paint.

Also, I used to live in Courtenay too.. right behind the new hospital/Home Depot area haha. Craazy how expensive it is there now

Geo_tonz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
hahaha! Did you not have a tonneau cover? I heard the Maverick paint is like toilet paper thin so I don't know if I'm going to do the auto car wash with it.. sounds like it'll prematurely strip the paint.

Also, I used to live in Courtenay too.. right behind the new hospital/Home Depot area haha. Craazy how expensive it is there now
I did not have a tonneau on the Toyota but got a canopy later on.
You are just up the hill from me!

Sponsored

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

PPF and Ceramic Coat / or at least a thick layer of wax.

OP
OP

Benilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

PPF and Ceramic Coat / or at least a thick layer of wax.
Dang PPF AND ceramic coat? I have the PPF on the front and was just going to do ceramic coat on the rest.. and then yearly top off w/ the stuff you can buy from the store in a spray bottle

OP
OP

Benilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I thought I posted the photos in a Canadian thread but can't seem to find it...so here's the quick termination explanation (pics might not be in order)

1. grab 2x 1/2 inch L pieces from home depot
2. Find and remove the 2 black plugs in the left and right side of the bed walls near the back.
3. Cut and fit the black plug over one side of the L piece and put it back in the hole
4 cut and fit the tube to attach to the other side of the L piece...give it a bit of slack too.

Pretty easy but take the time to make it look nice. Don't just cut stuff all Willy Nilly lol

951F557B-1D7B-4197-8F75-678980203C42.jpeg

4EAEFF82-4264-4879-A1E3-D48B8E510AC0.jpeg

9AEC8C6D-03D4-44DC-A9B1-2D33A103B0C3.jpeg

8A109C46-E735-43A3-A030-D3472A47DF14.jpeg

1C663355-F415-4643-B1E0-7EF10123E5F7.jpeg

60912057-EA5D-48CE-B980-D1383F496F7F.jpeg
Man, so I got the 2 L shaped pipes and came home and realized my drop in bed liner blocks the little hole on the side that they go into FML. And I'm not about to drill into it blindly! Ah well hahaha. I'll keep em for when the drop in eventually fails in 10 years LMAO

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dang PPF AND ceramic coat? I have the PPF on the front and was just going to do ceramic coat on the rest.. and then yearly top off w/ the stuff you can buy from the store in a spray bottle
Nope! I am doing PPF on front bumper, headlights, full hood full fenders, a pillars and strip above the windshield.

I will ceramic the rest of the truck. Was thinking about the bed sides PPF when leaning in, but yolo.

BIG_daddy_qwerty

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Man, so I got the 2 L shaped pipes and came home and realized my drop in bed liner blocks the little hole on the side that they go into FML. And I'm not about to drill into it blindly! Ah well hahaha. I'll keep em for when the drop in eventually fails in 10 years LMAO
If it's drop in, doesn't that mean you can temporarily uninstall that side of the wall and drill and then replace back? If not, take some photos and let's see where you can drill into it "suggestedly" lol
Sponsored