2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hey all, I've had my Maverick for a month now and started with the XLT Lux Package. Here are the mods/accessories I did ranked from favorite to least favorite! I'll include the links I used, since shopping in Canada is so much harder than the US but I'm sure you can find the US versions quite easily

1. Rear View Mirror
This made driving so much better because the dinky mirror that came with the truck is insufficient IMO. There's other ones out there if you need dimming/home start etc. But ever since I was a teen, I've always wanted a big ass mirror :D

2. Bed Extender
Yes, ordering from Amazon US is cheaper than ordering this on Amazon Canada. This one is more square shaped than the official Ford one so is more space efficient. This is great for preventing items from moving around while shopping (with it retracted) and also needed for dump runs (with it extended). Wasn't the easiest to install with a drop in bedliner though.

3. Bison Hard Tonneau Cover
Great customer service, well priced hard tonneau cover on sale right now at $689 with tax SHIPPED in Canada. This price for value is tough to beat & easy enough to install.

4. Back Seat Dog Cover
Any of these will do but definitely required if you have pups! Bonus, it prevents any cargo from falling into the foot area. I got this one at $36 but I saw some on clearance at Costco for $20.

5. Ford Floor Liners (Official Ford website).
This is what I spent my 40k points on, they fit perfect and the fact that they say "MAVERICK" on them makes me smile. Any floor liners will do but I'm in this to maximize joy :)

6. LASFIT Switchback LEDs
Modernizes the front turn signals to a white look + slightly brighter but the factory bulbs are sufficient for the practical uses so this one's more aesthetic

7. Stanley 20oz Water Bottle
Fits in the driver door space really snug. Can fall out if you close your door too hard b/c it's quite tall and heavy but man, this thing feels bulletproof. Again, any skinny bottle will do but I feel like this fits the truck best. I do recommend a trigger bottle b/c twisting a cap while driving is not as ideal as just pushing a button.

I do have 2 more mods coming in: 2" stubby antenna (this will definitely be the most useless but is purely for aesthetics b/c I don't like the long antenna) and a mod that turns off the hybrid fake engine sound/back up beeping sound. I know this is meant for safety but I don't live in the city so 99% of the driving is not around other people. Should I move back into the city in the future, I do plan on plugging the speakers back in. Lastly, I'm debating on the back lights.. anyone do those?

Anyway, thats all for me! Would love to hear about your fav/least fav mods & accessories. This is my first NEW car and I feel myself falling down the mod hole LOL.
Sponsored

Ralli

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Nice list. Some of my mods that were a great improvement:

1. Tires -Toyo Open Country AT III's . FAVORITE mod hands down over the stock Pirelli's
2. LED cargo and reverse lights
3. Speakers - Infinity doors and rear, + sub
4. Kia Auto Dimming Homelink Mirror
5. Factory Engine cover
6. Steeda BOV
7. MST intake
8. Tailgate assist (should be arriving today)
9. 2x6 DIY bed divider :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: so cheap yet so practical

Last edited:

Geep

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT luxury hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would like to keep the back up beeper…something all vehicles should have in my opinion……but would love to get rid of fake engine noise….or at least make it sound like a jet engine spooling up 😉

OP
OP

Benilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Nice list. Some of my mods that were a great improvement:

1. Tires -Toyo Open Country AT III's . FAVORITE mod hands down over the stock Pirelli's
2. LED cargo and reverse lights
3. Speakers - Infinity doors and rear, + sub
4. Kia Auto Dimming Homelink Mirror
5. Factory Engine cover
6. Steeda BOV
7. MRT intake
8. Tailgate assist (should be arriving today)
9. 2x6 DIY bed divider :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: so cheap yet so practical
Nice list! A couple of questions:

1. What was the main difference here? How did it improve your experience?
2. Which ones did you get?
9. Did you paint it black though? hahaha.

OP
OP

Benilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I would like to keep the back up beeper…something all vehicles should have in my opinion……but would love to get rid of fake engine noise….or at least make it sound like a jet engine spooling up 😉
Yeah totally. If they made it sound more roaring and less horn, it'd be fine but they went with such an annoying sound

Sponsored

Ralli

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Nice list! A couple of questions:

1. What was the main difference here? How did it improve your experience?
2. Which ones did you get?
9. Did you paint it black though? hahaha.

1. Our winters are usually more harsh then AB, especially this past winter, so traction was night and day difference on ice and snow. I don't notice any road\tire noise compared to regular all seasons etc. Similar tire weight to help reduce impact on mpg's. Great performance on wet roads too.

2. Luyed for cargo and Alla for reverse, both from Amazon.

9. LOL of course, flat black

OP
OP

Benilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

1. Our winters are usually more harsh then AB, especially this past winter, so traction was night and day difference on ice and snow. I don't notice any road\tire noise compared to regular all seasons etc. Similar tire weight to help reduce impact on mpg's. Great performance on wet roads too.

2. Luyed for cargo and Alla for reverse, both from Amazon.

9. LOL of course, flat black
2. For the backup lights was it these ones?

Alla

BIG_daddy_qwerty

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mod hole...welcome! I fell in weeks ago, but just got my Mav last week!

Ok here's my list. Don't really have links atm but can help you get if you message me.

1. My fav: the beaver step. It's like a hitch step but shaped like a beaver tail, which is also shaped like a friggin heavy arrow head made of solid steel. Good luck to those that attempt to bump my car while parking behind me.
It's so cool cause you can see it pointing in the reverse cam, so you know your reference point.

2. avs bugflector II...I always get these for my cars. I liked the look of the ford one but can't stand tape attached items. This one screws into the bottom so works great!

3 bison trifold cover: so much awesome for 689. I even set up the flappy drain tubes for a nice clean termination for a few bucks from Home Depot.

4 stubby antenna...Amazon.com + amerifriend

5. Custom 3d printed cubby grid for Amazon auto charger...still on v3 but it's looking and fitting great already...just have to solve plus clean up wiring

6. DIY bedmat...cut from 2 big rubber sheets from Costco, taped with some extra wide gorilla tape...pretty proud of this one.

7. 2x6 plastic lumber from menards In America.....cut already but will spray the ends with flex seal spray or if i can find my old plasti dip cans.

next up:
Little bit of weatherproofing the tailgate and tonneau
findway custom floor trays (2 months?)
Screen protector
3d printed garbage bag holder
Tailgate lettering
Dash cam (no idea what to do here)
How to spend my 40k ford points

BIG_daddy_qwerty

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And winter tires and rims, or the reverse...get summer rims and switch those! So many decisions!

dog cover was already bought, forgot.

Last edited:
Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh that would be so cool!! I'd love to do a J79 (From an F-4) or the deep rumble of an A-10's TF34! Since I had to listen to them both for so many years it's about all I can hear now!! :cautious: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Rew409

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Why can't I get the Bison tonneau cover in Texas ?

OP
OP

Benilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Why can't I get the Bison tonneau cover in Texas ?
Canadian company prob doesn't make sense to ship to Texas when there's so many options over there. But give them a call, super reasonable guys

OP
OP

Benilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Mod hole...welcome! I fell in weeks ago, but just got my Mav last week!

Ok here's my list. Don't really have links atm but can help you get if you message me.

1. My fav: the beaver step. It's like a hitch step but shaped like a beaver tail, which is also shaped like a friggin heavy arrow head made of solid steel. Good luck to those that attempt to bump my car while parking behind me.
It's so cool cause you can see it pointing in the reverse cam, so you know your reference point.

2. avs bugflector II...I always get these for my cars. I liked the look of the ford one but can't stand tape attached items. This one screws into the bottom so works great!

3 bison trifold cover: so much awesome for 689. I even set up the flappy drain tubes for a nice clean termination for a few bucks from Home Depot.

4 stubby antenna...Amazon.com + amerifriend

5. Custom 3d printed cubby grid for Amazon auto charger...still on v3 but it's looking and fitting great already...just have to solve plus clean up wiring

6. DIY bedmat...cut from 2 big rubber sheets from Costco, taped with some extra wide gorilla tape...pretty proud of this one.

7. 2x6 plastic lumber from menards In America.....cut already but will spray the ends with flex seal spray or if i can find my old plasti dip cans.

next up:
Little bit of weatherproofing the tailgate and tonneau
findway custom floor trays (2 months?)
Screen protector
3d printed garbage bag holder
Tailgate lettering
Dash cam (no idea what to do here)
How to spend my 40k ford points

40k Ford Points can be spent on the Ford floor trays which apparently aren't in stock in Canada for another 2 months. What made you want the Findaway ones more?

Also link to beaver step please :D

kahuna_08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Here is my list so far in no particular order.

1. LASFIT LEDs
2. 2in Stubby Antenna
3. Smartfit floormats
4. LED ambient lighting in foot area
5. Orange trim on dash
6. DIY bed liner
7. Coverado leather seat covers
8. Tailgate assist
9. DIY bed rails
10. LED truck bed lighting
11. hood deflector
12. window air deflectors

I still plan to upgrade the speakers, and add a Sub in the back. I need to add the trailer hitch and wiring. I also plan to tint the front two windows to match the rear. The last thing I want to add (possibly) hood struts so I can get rid of the hood prop.
Sponsored