Sponsored

Can you put 17" Tires & Wheels on a Hybrid ?

OP
OP
SgtLip

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
The fx4 rims and tires will bolt right on to your lariat wo issues like the speedo being off or rubbing. The TPMS sensors might need sync’d, as I’ve seen posted there’s multiple frequencies for them.

someone more knowledgeable than me will have to answer how to do that, unless you want to pay the dealer.

(maybe a tire shop could do it? Maybe you can buy the sync tool online?)
Thanks for this confirmation. Yeah, I swapped wheels and tires on my Subaru a couple years back and went to Discount Tire and they synced the new TPMS up for me for $20 if I remember right.

The one question I have though is the speedo. Per the Tire Size Calculator in the earlier post, it shows the speedo being off. I noticed the tires/wheels were reversed in the one shown so I went to the calculator and reversed the sizes and it sows when the truck is 20 MPH with OEM 18's, the 17's would be 19.9 MPH and changes the faster you go. So I guess there is an impact with the smaller 17's on my truck. Can that be adjusted or is it worth it?

Top is the OEM 18's. So when you are driving 60 MPH you are really going 59.8 MPH on the 17's.
Ford Maverick Can you put 17" Tires & Wheels on a Hybrid ? Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 11.42.57

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for this confirmation. Yeah, I swapped wheels and tires on my Subaru a couple years back and went to Discount Tire and they synced the new TPMS up for me for $20 if I remember right.

The one question I have though is the speedo. Per the Tire Size Calculator in the earlier post, it shows the speedo being off. I noticed the tires/wheels were reversed in the one shown so I went to the calculator and reversed the sizes and it sows when the truck is 20 MPH with OEM 18's, the 17's would be 19.9 MPH and changes the faster you go. So I guess there is an impact with the smaller 17's on my truck. Can that be adjusted or is it worth it?

Top is the OEM 18's. So when you are driving 60 MPH you are really going 59.8 MPH on the 17's.
Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 11.42.57.png
I wouldn’t be concerned with that small of a difference. All tires will probably change .1 mph@ 20 just from new vs worn out (if not more). IMO, it’s not worth it to try and have the speedo corrected for 2/10ths @60.

hell, my Ducati motorcycles stated in the owners manual that the speedo would read 8% high from the factory!

Oggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 11.42.57.png
Your speedometer isn't calibrated to that level, typically about 5% is what I've noticed against radar and gps. Ymmv though.

OP
OP
SgtLip

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I wouldn’t be concerned with that small of a difference. All tires will probably change .1 mph@ 20 just from new vs worn out (if not more). IMO, it’s not worth it to try and have the speedo corrected for 2/10ths @60.

hell, my Ducati motorcycles stated in the owners manual that the speedo would read 8% high from the factory!

Your speedometer isn't calibrated to that level, typically about 5% is what I've noticed against radar and gps. Ymmv though.

Okay, THANKS guy's. Gonna start looking at 17's in case the deal doesn't go through. Appreciate the input as that was my only lingering question.
Sponsored